What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
I may have an extra arm wand for that Sansui... ( it detaches at the bearing housing no? )

Reactions: Myles1972

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Pm'd ya

Reactions: Myles1972

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Commonwealth 12D Broadcast turntable. Still tuning and tweaking but rounding (pun intended) into form…

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    791.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    829.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0950.jpeg
    IMG_0950.jpeg
    915.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
View attachment 92792
Woodsong Garrard 301/Triplanar SE arm/Lyra Atlas SL cart/Atma-Sphere MP-1 phono stage full function preamp
I find it interesting that I haven’t seen any other 301s or any idler drive TT on this thread.
View attachment 92793
Check the post I just listed yesterday…. Commonwealth 12D and Garrard 301 sitting next to it.

Reactions: ACHiPo

BillWojo

Jun 11, 2015
Burlington, NJ
Fully restored and modified Russco Studio Pro Model B. Sits in a massive plinth and sounds absolutely divine. Proof that you don't need to spend Thorens or Garrard type money to get a high performance idler drive.

BillWojo

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
Fully restored and modified Russco Studio Pro Model B. Sits in a massive plinth and sounds absolutely divine. Proof that you don't need to spend Thorens or Garrard type money to get a high performance idler drive.

BillWojo
Can you post pictures?!?

Reactions: Solypsa

the_nines

Jul 6, 2019
Clearaudio Champion Magnum
Clearaudio Unify (uni-pivot) tonearm
Benz Micro (Ref 3) cartridge
Minus-K 50BM-8 isolation platform
EAR 834P phono stage

Last edited:

chet atkins

Jan 25, 2021
Looks like you've defeated the counterweight screw on the RS Labs tonearm--what's the small weight

Looks like you've defeated the counterweight screw on the RS Labs tonearm--what's the small weight at the rear?
turning the screw on the end makes the counter weight go in or out [notice the slot on the top]I thought all the rs labs tonearms were like this.Must be one of the later models.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing