What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
the black bit is nylon housing for bearing assy that´ll be bolted to plinth with M10 countersunk A4 bolts
ss316 armtowers are bolted to plinth by 3xM5 bolts, instead of threading to avoid rotation when mounting and adjusting armboards

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
thxs
first of all, I wanted possibility for 4 arms, rather than adding more turntables
second, I wanted added mass and since platter is gunmetal, I wanted plinth in different metal, with different resonnance pattern, and ss is as heavy as anything apart from a few unobtainum exotic metals

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Do either of those attack the table like it's a prey?

SONDEKNZ

Mar 2, 2021
View attachment 100453

Congratulation to your The Wand!!!!

Currently I am playing around with The Wand Master tonearm, a lot to learn :)

(the turntable is a 12" STST Motus II DQ direct drive in the glossy black Corian Plinth)

How are you finding the WAND MASTER?

[Looks fantastic on your deck, BTW...]

I see that MIKEY FREMER gave the WAND a plug in his recent "TOUR OF MY LISTENING ROOM" video.

I think the WAND is the bargain of the century!

emoonie

VIP/Donor
Aug 16, 2021
Monterey CA
My inanimate baby under the kitties. I cobbled most of this together about a dozen years ago from mechanical industrial surplus accumulated in silicon valley over a decade or so prior (mostly Triangle and RA Enterprises). It utilizes a Dover air bearing for virtually friction less spinning. This is a new born photo. The ancillaries have evolved.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.JPG
    IMG_0392.JPG
    588.4 KB · Views: 77

MJG

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2018
Liechtenstein
J. Sikora Reference with Kuzma Safir 9

Attachments

• 19506C8B-21D5-40A1-930C-82EE7400676A.jpeg
    19506C8B-21D5-40A1-930C-82EE7400676A.jpeg
    457.5 KB · Views: 63

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
My inanimate baby under the kitties. I cobbled most of this together about a dozen years ago from mechanical industrial surplus accumulated in silicon valley over a decade or so prior (mostly Triangle and RA Enterprises). It utilizes a Dover air bearing for virtually friction less spinning. This is a new born photo. The ancillaries have evolved.
Looks wonderful. Maybe you would like to try those Shun mook resonators two at the back one in the front. I know it’s recommend to be used just as you placed them but I always find it better sounding two at the back. A little bit smaller and cohesive.

Muser

Jan 21, 2016
New on the StSt - Allnic Rose:

View attachment 104050
View attachment 104051

atb, Tom
Tom:
Interesting that you have Bauer and Motus STST turntables.

I'd be interested to hear how you compare them. Maybe they sound very similar? Quite different within the real of analog?

From what I recall, the Bauer DPS was designed with some input from Frank Schroeder (tone arm fame) and employed a high torque motor.

The STST, if I recall correctly, uses a lower powered direct drive, somewhat analogous to the Nottingham/Pear Audio/etc.

I don't think I've read any comparisons of the two, but find both tables quite interesting.

In advance, thanks,

Larry

emoonie

VIP/Donor
Aug 16, 2021
Monterey CA
Looks wonderful. Maybe you would like to try those Shun mook resonators two at the back one in the front. I know it’s recommend to be used just as you placed them but I always find it better sounding two at the back. A little bit smaller and cohesive.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried different orientations w/ them elsewhere. In this application with the plinth weighing only 50lbs, arm pod shy of 30lbs and the platter and bearing north of 100lbs stability dictates two in the front. You've probably experienced that they shouldn't be spread out with their vertexs much greater than 7 or 8 inches. They've actually exited the system and replaced with with second gen Dalby Lignum Vitae Footers.

Reactions: mtemur

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing