What's Everyone Reading

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Currently reading Devil’s Chaplin by Richard Dawkins.

Also Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I hardly buy hard copys anymore , so this post actually doesnt count, but i do read a lot :rolleyes:
I mostly watch science docs on you tube , its amazing how much good info is distributed by universities etc .
The latest was about fibonacci numbers , math explanations of the universe .
For the rest a lot of history, politics, nature , enginering (leonardo davinci used fiibonacci ) etc

Music also follows the fibonacci sequence by the way :) the math/ rhytm of the universe is also in sound / air vibrations

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Thanks for the link. I'm not familiar with that publication
I downloaded KT's book, because I wanted to get her take on General Michael Flynn's case.
The New Yorker is a weekly founded in 1926. It leans a little left of center.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Gentlemen, this has swayed into the political territory and our stance here as admins is that we do not tolerate political banter on this board. This is not up for debate.

Let's get back to the topic of "What's Everyone Reading" and leave the heated discussions to other avenues that are specifically not here. Thanks and have a great evening.

Tom

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
OPERATION SOLO
THE FBI'S MAN IN THE KREMLIN
Copyright 1996 by John Barron
America's greatest spy story (true story). What Morris Childs was able to accomplish over 27 years will blow your mind!

Muser

Jan 21, 2016
Gripping, non-fiction drama.
1595036146813.jpeg

Reactions: rando and jazdoc

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I hardly buy hard copys anymore , so this post actually doesnt count, but i do read a lot :rolleyes:
I mostly watch science docs on you tube , its amazing how much good info is distributed by universities etc .
The latest was about fibonacci numbers , math explanations of the universe .
For the rest a lot of history, politics, nature , enginering (leonardo davinci used fiibonacci ) etc

Music also follows the fibonacci sequence by the way :) the math/ rhythm of the universe is also in sound / air vibrations

Don't believe @Steve Williams intended a prejudice in this thread against versions of books that only exist as a series of binary numbers. The most sensible place to find Albert Einstein's book on Alexander Glazunov is an (dependent on country) open source pdf, for example.

"On Music and Musicians" by Robert A. Schumann. 1946 hardcover edition without slipcover.

Reactions: andromedaaudio

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Don't believe @Steve Williams intended a prejudice in this thread against versions of books that only exist as a series of binary numbers. The most sensible place to find Albert Einstein's book on Alexander Glazunov is an (dependent on country) open source pdf, for example.

"On Music and Musicians" by Robert A. Schumann. 1946 hardcover edition without slipcover.

Thanks .

Brg hj

Muser

Jan 21, 2016

MtnHam

Industry Expert
Jan 12, 2014
Nothern California Wine Country
Downloading eBooks via my now closed (due to Covid19) local library is the perfect solution to the ongoing SIP edict. Living in the boonies with great books and streamed music is wonderful, and relatively safe.

Reactions: rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing