jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Curious as to what everyone' s reading right now

What I am really thinking about is a WBF Book Of The Month

I wish I had more time for reading so when I do I want it to be a great read from front to back. So what would you all recommend?

Let's see if many of you have the same recommendation which would give credence to it being a good read
Thanks to you and others, I’m reading these forums ! Thank you !

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
51icbg+HHuL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Richard Price is a favorite author

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
EEB0ED8F-6ECD-4610-9515-91BD186657EC.jpeg

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Looks like an interesting book and timely as well. Always read MattTaibbi's articles in Rolling Stone.

Didn't realize this was published in book form.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
0F7529E1-E486-4463-9A7F-5DF28BA1216B.jpeg
I bought this book for myself awhile back and found it very interesting.. I recently gave a copy to my son and grandson who recently started drivers education. Ben teaches the basics of performance driving and relates it to everyday situations.. while I don’t want to encourage my grandson to drive fast, I do believe he should have an understanding of what it takes to control a vehicle under heightened circumstances.
A good read for those enthusiasts who want to experience Performance driving in the real world..

rubinken

Jan 15, 2020
Olympia, WA, USA
For a quick read escape with humor & wit & cartoons , Strange Planet & Stranger Planet by Nathan Pyle. Alternative perspectives: Parents = "Life givers", a Vacuum =Floor sucker.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
The Art of War
I read or reread some part of it almost every day because there is much to be learned there.

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
Lately I've been reading the works of Craig Childs.

I started with House of Rain; I've always been fascinated with ancient dead civilizations.
Next was the Secret Knowledge of Water. I guess I like stuff about the wilderness.
Then Atlas of a Lost World, documenting how humans were in the Americas over 15,000 years ago- and apparently, some of them from Europe.

Childs has a wonderful turn of phrase, its not quite like reading poetry, but he certainly is a master of simile, metaphor and making words useful where you least expect them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing