What's Spinning Tonight?

Steven Wilson - The Raven that refused to sing

I just received mine a few days ago and Wow, just WOW!

This is a masterpiece from someone who is setting the pace in musical creativity over the past two decades. Steven just keeps creating not only great music, but keeps elevating the bar on sonic quality like no one else can.

In this album, engineered by the legendary Alan Parson and mixed by Steven, the richness and depth of sound are astounding. Dynamic range is huge, and the 5.1 high-rez lossless surround mix is spectacular on my rig (which itself is an homage to Mr. Wilson, as that's what it takes to appreciate his recordings to the max).

The BluRay edition is the one to get if you want to hear all that is in these recordings.
Thankfully, it features multiple mixes and formats all on one disc. So you get 24/96 LPCM Stereo mix for all you 2ch afficiondos.
Us surround-heads get both a 5.1 24/96 LPCM and a DTS-HD MasterAudio lossless 24/96 5.1 encoding as well.

There are CD and vinyl editions as well for those living in the past ;)

A must own album just for the music, and absolutely a go-to demo disc to show off all your system can do.

Available from Burning Shed and other outlets.

View attachment 8228

Last edited:
-- It's very good Davey; just buy it. ...It's less than ten bucks anyway.
And if you need samples, just get free music samples from amazon; that'll give you an idea.
But like I already said; it's good. And Jimi is Jimi; this is simply older stuff never been released (twelve tunes), just like that. :b

-- Yeah, that's a good one, from Robin Trower. I use a multichannel audio surround mode when I play it.

Soon comin' ::

-- MI0003489975.jpg

_________

* This evening I listened to Blues exclusively; and now Jazz, mainly on the r.a.d.i.o.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing