What's Spinning Tonight?

The Dave Brubeck Trio featuring Gerry Mulligan, "Blues Roots", 33.3rpm Pure Pleasure Records reissue.
BluesRoots.jpg

Very nice reissue of an excellent soundtrack recording....th.jpeg

and then on the Music Matters 45rpm.....th-1.jpeg

and lastly...in a 3s 3s shaded dog; beautiful violin reproduction: th-2.jpeg

Herbie Hancock, "Empyrean Isles", 45rpm, Music Matters Blue Note. Note that the pic from the internet shows it as Blue Note 4175, while my album shows it as 84175 on the cover and on the label states it was originally 84175.
EmpyreanIsles.jpg

Herbie Hancock, "Empyrean Isles", 45rpm, Music Matters Blue Note. Note that the pic from the internet shows it as Blue Note 4175, while my album shows it as 84175 on the cover and on the label states it was originally 84175.
EmpyreanIsles.jpg

Steve, I believe that your internet search picked up a photo of a previous reissue ( possibly Australian??) . The original is in fact 84175.
As to the new MFSL Tom Waits Crystal Gayle "One from the heart" it's an excellent sounding LP, ( I happen to like Crystal Gayle's voice a LOT more than Tom's...:D ) and very worth while picking up.

Steve, I believe that your internet search picked up a photo of a previous reissue ( possibly Australian??) . The original is in fact 84175.
As to the new MFSL Tom Waits Crystal Gayle "One from the heart" it's an excellent sounding LP, ( I happen to like Crystal Gayle's voice a LOT more than Tom's...:D ) and very worth while picking up.
Thanks for the info, Davey! I'll definitely buy that TW, CG album! She's a whole lot better looking, too!

Really enjoying listening to Horace Silver's, "The Tokyo Blues". This is one album of twelve that were included in a Horace Silver compilation of 12 of his classic albums released by Enlightenment. I think I picked this CD set up for about $10! Sound quality is very good. I have quite a few of his albums on 45rpm vinyl, but this is a nice way to listen when I don't feel like flipping vinyl every 10 minutes!
TokyoBlues-L.jpg

I listened to this one not too long ago, but it is so good I have to give it another listen. Excellent recording and playing. The first song alone is worth the price of admission. Gerry Mulligan Sextet, "Legends Live, Liederhalle Stuttgart November 22, 1977".
LegendsLive.jpg

Dire Straits, "Communique", 33.3rpm, Warner Bros. An as new find for $3.
Communique.jpg

Listening to the 180g version right now! WB catalog 47770-1 Mastered by Bernie Grundman from original analogue tapes and pressed Pallas Germany.
Pretty freeking nice listen, super quiet vinyl.

Listening to the 180g version right now! WB catalog 47770-1 Mastered by Bernie Grundman from original analogue tapes and pressed Pallas Germany.
Pretty freeking nice listen, super quiet vinyl.

Very nice. I've got so many albums of both original or early pressings and the current well done (mostly) reissues. This album, for some reason, I never bought until this recent cheap find. I am happy with the sound quality, as a matter of fact, it surprised me by how good it is. I might have to search out the Pallas pressing if I find I listen to this much. Thanks for the head's up!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu