What's Spinning Tonight?

David Bowie ?– Aladdin Sane - original 1973 UK pressing. I have a few pressings of this - this blows them all to the curb. you are literally hanging on for dear life with the attack and life this pressing has. the Jean Genie definitely lives on her back.

Reactions: alfa100
Stunning new album from Michael Kiwanuka - KIWANUKA.
Fuzz guitars, snares, choir and 60s psychedelia wrapped around a Terry Callier folk/soul sound. Add in some Marvin Gaye and Isaac Hayes. Guardian says album of the decade.

1572928694482.jpeg

The Concert Sinatra is one of Frank Sinatra’s best records of the early `60s! The album is not a live recording, but, instead, an album that successfully rearranges a special selection of show tunes (primarily those composed by the legendary Richard Rodgers) that ole’ blue eyes was then performing regularly to his live audiences. Nelson Riddle arranged and conducted one of the largest orchestras that had ever supported Frank Sinatra, and his work is light and delicate. Despite the large number of musicians, the music is never overbearing; instead, it is grand and sweeping. Sinatra is given the opportunity to demonstrate his full emotional range, from the melodrama of "Ol’ Man River" to the tender romanticism of "Bewitched," which helps make The Concert Sinatra one of his most fulfilling albums of the era.

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds ?– Ghosteen. the vinyl is very very nice. pressed @ Optimal and polylined sleeves.

Dude, that is heavy and emotional, not for brightening up your day! But I suspect those that go through the personal tragedy that he did will relate on a grand scale.
Check some of the comments on the YouTube link, pretty mind blowing the connections albeit over tragic loss. Very well done but not for everyday listening, unless you need a good cry.
Heavy emotionally involving music.

Reactions: NorthStar
Dude, that is heavy and emotional, not for brightening up your day! But I suspect those that go through the personal tragedy that he did will relate on a grand scale.
Check some of the comments on the YouTube link, pretty mind blowing the connections albeit over tragic loss. Very well done but not for everyday listening, unless you need a good cry.
Heavy emotionally involving music.

Yes, it certainly is solemn sombre vibe to the album. To lose a child, then a long term band member in just a few years would be devastating.
It is an amazing album.

Snoop Doggy Dogg* ?– Doggystyle. the classic 1993 G funk hip hop album. I still remember buying this from Tower records on Sunset when on holidays. superb album with great production from Dre
The memories and $hit that went on in the 70's and 80's on Sunset are some of my favorite times, loved it! Back when rock stars walked the streets by them selves and you could belly up to the bar with them. Big hair everywhere.

Reactions: XV-1
The Cranberries ?– No Need To Argue. original 1994 UK pressing. I remember this clearly as Island records were one of the few music companies not trying to actively kill vinyl. lovely gate fold and stellar pressing.

25 years ago this was released. such a wonderful album - timeless.

Reactions: PierreB and Skylab
The Cure ?– Bloodflowers - original 2000 Euro release. one of their best and in the top 4 with Disintegration, Faith and Seventeen Seconds in no particular order.

Reactions: assessor43

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing