What's Spinning Tonight?

20191009_224928.jpg

I like colored records ... blue above and the other one above (nice artistic design). :cool:

Last edited:
Chelsea Wolfe ?– Birth Of Violence. brand new album.. thanks christ I lucked out and got the black vinyl pressing.

Chelsea has ventured into drone, doom metal and alike in the last couple of albums. This album is a more personal acoustic guitar lead dark musical journey - Her voice is the star of this album with the music just a little stripped back allows an even deeper look into this unique artist. 5 stars.

Was listening to this and for giggles pulled out the original sleeve and found this. Remember piracy is not a victimless crime!
Oh the days of el cassette and the paranoia that went with it.
20191010_215725.jpg 20191010_220315.jpg

Prince ?– Controversy. released today, October 14 1981.
I remember as a teenager watching the film clip to Controversy for the first time of Prince dressed in suspenders, high heels with a long jacket wondering who the fcuuk was this guy with a band of freaks. Really liked the song but never thought this guy would in the end one of the best singer, songwriter, musicians the world has ever seen. rip legend.

I think it's a cool tune, I like it. I don't know how many Iggy's fans here @ WBF but it doesn't really matter; he's one of a kind, like John Coltrane was, Miles Davis and Ozzy Osbourne.
He was born on a cusp of two planets, Mars and Venus.

I think it's a cool tune, I like it. I don't know how many Iggy's fans here @ WBF but it doesn't really matter; he's one of a kind, like John Coltrane was, Miles Davis and Ozzy Osbourne.
He was born on a cusp of two planets, Mars and Venus.

He's an oddball, but by the look of his on stage appearance and loads of energy still in him, and his work of course, he's a true artist to me. Plus, some very impressive things done with one gent from Queens of the Stone Age, changed my own attitude to Iggy big time. Enjoy:

Iggy is the $hit!
I think The Idiot and Brick by Brick are two of the greatest albums ever made, and he still rocks the hair at his age. He is so interwoven into music history its ridiculous.
For those that want to dabble those two albums are where to start. Some of his stuff is hard to listen too. I fear when his time comes he will not get the recognition he deserves.

Last edited:
For those that want to dabble those two albums are where to start.

Agreed, that's a good start. To me it's also quite unescapable to see how his music evolved along with his age. Personally I like his current stuff, but everything he did I'd rate high and bits he did shooting heroin into his veins also. Artists, eho_O?

Agreed, that's a good start. To me it's also quite unescapable to see how his music evolved along with his age. Personally I like his current stuff, but everything he did I'd rate high and bits he did shooting heroin into his veins also. Artists, eho_O?
In Seattle they call it musicians disease.

I think only The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin were drug-free ...
..Diana Krall and Elvis Costello too.

The Rolling Stones, really? Speaking of ...

I know, I was simply humorous. Not many rock musicians were drug-free during their lifetime.
If we're talking strictly needles that figure drops down.
And it's not only the musician profession ... but being a rock star is not easy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing