What's Spinning Tonight?

INXS ?– Elegantly Wasted - 1997 - still clearly remember the day Michael died - Sat around 11am rumors on radio where that famous person had died - then confirmed it was Hutcho. My hangova got decidedly worse. very sad day for one of my musical heroes. RIP Michael - Elegantly Wasted indeed.

Reactions: Manesp2
Aimee Mann ?– Lost In Space - Mofi 2006 release - mofi records are always more enjoyable once you burn the stupid inner sleeves and replace them . super sonics on this release.

Reactions: Down Under
The Tea Party ?– Transmission - one of my fav 1990's albums is finally released on vinyl. It took 7 weeks into the black hole that is the global postal system to arrive - I get home from work today and its arrived.

I am literally listening to this with tears of joy. Gotta luv music to take you directly back to a time and space.

Boy & Bear ?– Suck On Light - really good album this, but the only colour available when released last year fanta milkshake - looks nice, sounds like ****** - bloated and muted in the top end.

Found a black vinyl pressing and it arrived today. WOW - what a difference - its still a rich sounding record, but its like the window has been wiped clean - more transparent, quieter, tight better integrated bass, depth of soundstage and a top end.

Both have the same GZ vinyl pressing matrix - only difference is the colour. POS coloured vinyl SUX. Black is what its at. This obsession with coloured vinyl pressings is stupid as fuuk when you don't even have a choice of black vinyl.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing