What's Spinning Tonight?

Prince - Purple Rain - 2017 reissue based on the 2015 remaster supervised by Prince in 2015. the cd has a bad rap, however the vinyl mastering has been done with skill, love and precision by Kevin Gray. Its sounds really great and provides better separation and space with the keyboards/synths in the mix - most noticeable on Take me With You and The Beautiful Ones. Everything about this vinyl release is class. the poster is very cool.

WDc0sCh.jpg
laAXoCw.jpg
d8v1ndj.jpg

Reactions: TooCool4

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: XV-1
Prince ?– Art Official Age - 2014 - when first released I thought it was a bit meh. All it needed was a few plays - luv it now.

[IMG]

Prince ?– Art Official Age - 2014 - when first released I thought it was a bit meh. All it needed was a few plays - luv it now.

[IMG]
@XV-1 I can see that you are a huge Prince enthusiast. I am sure you know something about his secret vault where apparently he left a large number of fully produced albums and already made music videos. Can you tell me more about it?

@XV-1 I can see that you are a huge Prince enthusiast. I am sure you know something about his secret vault where apparently he left a large number of fully produced albums and already made music videos. Can you tell me more about it?

Yep, luv Prince. That really is the million dollar question. It has been said there are 8000 recorded songs in his Vault and up to 50 albums he did not release.

Welcome 2 America is coming out in July. He finished this in 2010, but for some reason never released it.

Here is the single

I'm quite sure this band's name seemed more than amusing to those performing under it at some point. The exact circumstances leading up to a name change, "D//D" or "DLD", had to be inscrutable to surpass years of whatever performing as it incurred.

Obviously Google any of that at your own risk. ? Over the course of ongoing pandemic this band has seen a resurgence in popularity for one reason alone, with exceptions made for giggling inquisitive explorations based on their name. The standout track on this album is their cover of Peruvian composer Manuel Mantilla Paredes' "Pagarás (You Will Pay)." Which traditionally draws unmistakably closer to the musicianship and performance in black tie of a Carlos Gardel film than what passes for a 'classy establishment' in modern times.

I want to drink - a cigarette to smoke, the woman who killed my feelings I will go looking for. You should never have played with my foolish heart, everything you have done my love dearly you are going to pay. I am not sad, my crying, it is the cigarette smoke that makes me cry, that you think you are such a beautiful goddess. That one day she will wither away.

(If you absolutely must see the music video from album below click on the duly noted NSFW link at end of this post.)

NSFW Video Link

Last edited:
Yep, luv Prince. That really is the million dollar question. It has been said there are 8000 recorded songs in his Vault and up to 50 albums he did not release.

Welcome 2 America is coming out in July. He finished this in 2010, but for some reason never released it.

Here is the single

Let's assume these are just theories and the reality is slightly different. Let's say only 2% of these numbers are true. Still, that gives us 160 recorded songs and a full album. In my opinion that's already a lot. That vault could be worth more than many of the hidden vaults in Switzerland. @XV-1 , if the recorded songs, albums and music video are there, what do you think the family is waiting for?

Manu Katche - Playground along with Woodford reserve Double Oaked Bourbon on the rocks, simply excellent.... Capture.PNG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing