What's Spinning Tonight?

Divinyls – Divinyls - self titled from 1991 - has the perfect rock pop song I Touch Myself" - excellent album from a great Aussie band.

[IMG]

This recording presents the world premiere of the "Virtual Abbey," developed by John Hobbs and David Hykes. The live sound of the concert was digitally encoded and sent into Le Thoronet Abbey over ISDN telephone lines, played back live through a sound system in the extraordinary Abbey acoustics, then re-encoded and sent back to The Kitchen (Manhattan), placing us "here" within the "Virtual Abbey."

Ala carte New Age Sacred Chant from the mind of someone for whom 1970's experimental electronic music wasn't out there enough. Though not obvious from a photo, 16 page booklet has circular cutout to display one of seven spiritually relevant orbs printed on disc face. ?o_O

Ala carte New Age Sacred Chant from the mind of someone for whom 1970's experimental electronic music wasn't out there enough. Though not obvious from a photo, 16 page booklet has circular cutout to display one of seven spiritually relevant orbs printed on disc face. ?o_O

thank you never heard of him but love this stuff. I just trolled him on Spotify and this particular album is not there but some other is. I love low harmonic chant, it speaks to my inner core. thank you again

Reactions: rando
thank you never heard of him but love this stuff. I just trolled him on Spotify and this particular album is not there but some other is. I love low harmonic chant, it speaks to my inner core. thank you again

You are very welcome, his explorations in vocal forms, research and performances, brought awareness to numerous voices who found an audience to be recorded inside the 'world' music genre. A number of which he singlehandedly promoted the worth of preserving.

I'd never heard of him before picking this up used in a shop yesterday. Album I posted was more on the impenetrable erudite performance for artistic festival side with an angle related to this hobby. Whereas the albums you found were intended to be digestible by a modern audience.

You are very welcome, his explorations in vocal forms, research and performances, brought awareness to numerous voices who found an audience to be recorded inside the 'world' music genre. A number of which he singlehandedly promoted the worth of preserving.

I'd never heard of him before picking this up used in a shop yesterday. Album I posted was more on the impenetrable erudite performance for artistic festival side with an angle related to this hobby. Whereas the albums you found were intended to be digestible by a modern audience.
yeah i could not find the one you posted, not even a sample

Prince - Diamonds & Pearls - released 30 years today
:wub:
big rumour is Oct 1st USA time, the Super Deluxe Edition like 1999 and SOTT's will be announced
:thumb:

LIJLwf3.jpg

Reactions: TooCool4
Chromatics ?– Faded Now - beautiful synth pop cut @45rpm by Burnie Grundman - doesn't get much better
:P

certainly beats a reissue of something we have heard 100's of times. new music - support it

72TI55C.jpg

Reactions: Solypsa
Johnny Jewel ?– Themes For Television - 2LP 45rpm mastered by Burnie Grundman. beautiful soundtrack that Johnny wrote for Twin Peaks S3 - although Lynch for some reason only used 1 track Johnny had recorded.

5aoTbtV.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing