What's Spinning Tonight?

What a great album, both in sound quality and music quality. Listening to it two times in a row!

The-Hypnogugue_albumart-1-scaled-e1676868993171.jpeg

I don't know if anybody already posted this. You can go to their You Tube site and view several vids.
"We recreated a Pink Floyd Live in Pompeii PA Rig with Chris Hewitt of CH Vintage Audio to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the original recording date in 1971. Stephen McElroy and Friends came down to play some songs through it! This is ‘Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun’ "
Interesting You Tube group, they got some of the original pieces of Pink Floyd's classic set or their simulacrums for their tribute band, held in an open field with scant audience, but sounds pretty good.
Of course, Pink Floyd had a lot of their equipment stolen in New Orleans in 1970, so it might be the tribute band had their replacement rig used at Pompeii.
:"Some of the equipment stolen included 4 guitars (amongst them David Gilmour’s original Black Strat which he had purchased just a few weeks previously from Manny’s in New York) an electric organ, a 4000 watt sound system, including 12 speaker cabinets, 5 Italian echo units, a bunch of microphones, two drum kits and miles of cables".:

Like to listen to surround tonight, and have now gone from streaming to vinyl. I know I have been posted this album before, but the sound is just so darn wicked good, that I could not hold my horses for post it once more.

The live album from 1976, live from the jazzclub Stampen in Stockholm. Here - the reissue from 2xHD Records. Behold?!

Jazz At The Pawnshop

/ Jk
2EF69141-261B-4863-BFFB-C3936AD91E8A.jpegC33D62A1-1125-4CF4-AAFC-B07ACFCA3B6D.jpeg

Today I am treating myself to some Bjork, specifically the "Debut" album. I love her youthful, vibrant, and emotional vocals, I consider her a very unique artist.

Reactions: Johan K

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing