What's Spinning Tonight?

Knowing exactly and solely what you are listening to easily makes this one of the most interesting field recorded experimental albums I've come across. Not sure I'd go so far as putting it on for a prominent West Coast audiophile who owns a number of albums composed on the subject.

Karen Vogt
Le Mans

kvogt-lemsn.jpg
Thank you - not really my taste. I rather prefer ”The Race” with Yello when it comes to racecars between the speakers :p .
Though I am very glad you showed me the album;).

/ Jk

• Haha
Reactions: rando
Hi rando,

Yes - the parachute’s worked flawlessly before splashdown?! But still - the record was smoking hot after it’s travel half way around the world. I’ve tried the Ortofon MC Diamond, the AirTight Opus-1 and the Koetsu Blue Lace.. Amanda is happiest with the Blue Lace which really makes her voice magic.

Regarding Schiller: I did order both Illuminate and Epic here tonight, so they shuld be here in a week or two ;) .

/ Jk

Hopefully she adjusts to the cool Nordic air.

Went as far as preconditioning XV-1 to give an honest opinion if he picked it up. 25 CD and 1000 LP seemed to be a good signal where priorities lied.

Musically there was something I kept coming back to.

Thank you - not really my taste. I rather prefer ”The Race” with Yello when it comes to racecars between the speakers :p .
Though I am very glad you showed me the album;).

/ Jk

Not one bit surprised. This one the music is not exactly music to most ears.

Reactions: Johan K
Didn't much care his turn on the latest Pantha du Prince album. Love Is was fantastic and I'm enjoying this one as well.

Jungstötter
One Star

Reactions: Johan K

Went as far as preconditioning XV-1 to give an honest opinion if he picked it up. 25 CD and 1000 LP seemed to be a good signal where priorities lied.

Indeed.. Me too.. I been listen to the album repetedly through streaming for the last month and I love it. Tonight I have listen to the hole vinyl album 5 times in a row… it is wicked good. Not made in a great number, may be worth something in 5-10 years.. who knows?

If Shane has got the album - it is gonna be exiting what he thinks of it.. In my opinion, he’s got very good music taste.. so I bet he’s going to love Amanda too.

Reactions: rando

I did pick up Amanda on vinyl - see post #9,176 a month ago. It's a luvely album. been a long time Go-Betweens and Robert Forster fan, although nothing really like this musically. simple and direct.

giving it another spin now :cool:

7ePODJT.jpg

• Love
Reactions: rando and Johan K
I did pick up Amanda on vinyl - see post #9,176 a month ago. It's a luvely album. been a long time Go-Betweens and Robert Forster fan, although nothing really like this musically. simple and direct.

giving it another spin now :cool:

Very stripped down and a bit raw still sounds like a great small venue live show.

Reactions: XV-1 and Johan K
On the Ascona tonight? ;) :

Barbra Streisand with Barry Gibb - Guilty, an original from 1980, on 33rpm black vinyl.

/ Jk
IMG_7815.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing