What's Spinning Tonight?

Right now on SONY SCD-1?:

Dilba - Dilba, This her amazing debut album from 1996. In my opinion it is a true audiophile recording, with tracks very suitable for tuning in a big stereo system. Behold ;)!

/ Jk
IMG_8221.jpeg

Fantastic compilation of rarities and remixes from Madonna. Very nice colours too. Pure pleasure!
0603497832644.jpg

Reactions: Johan K
Birdy – Young Heart - wonderful album from girl with an amazing voice.

xKGuqOn.jpg
amazing voice and story she wins with 12 years in openmic contest uk.
the price is one day of recording in a professional studio. after that she is famous.her first album at the age of 15.

Last edited:
The Posies – Frosting On The Beater 1993 - one of the best power pop albums ever!! the slow burn guitar solos to end each side on Burn & Shine and Coming right Along are equally as epic as Neil's solo's on Down by the River & Cowgirl in the Sand.

aatrInV.jpg

amazing voice and story she wins with 12 years in openmic contest uk.
the price is one day of recording in a professional studio. after that she is famous.her first album at the age of 15.

totally agree. I have all her 4 albums going back to 2011. very talented young lady. This is what audiophiles should be listening to instead of crap like Diana Krall and alike jazz lite.

totally agree. I have all her 4 albums going back to 2011. very talented young lady. This is what audiophiles should be listening to instead of crap like Diana Krall and alike jazz lite.
I agree to a part Shane, that audiophile music is shrunk down to a certain style of music to a fair extent, and nothing else is kind of ”not allowed” to be called audiophile music, which is really not my cup of tea anyway…. I think you understand my point here?!

/ Jk

The Brian Jonestown Massacre – The Future Is Your Past - brand new album from Anton and crew. you certainly don't buy Anton's albums for sound quality - however if you appreciate great music you will luv it.
Comes with a set of BJM crayons for hours of fun colouring in the covers and gatefold
:D

Can't wait to see them live again in November.

8Q7QAXc.jpg

The Brian Jonestown Massacre – The Future Is Your Past - brand new album from Anton and crew. you certainly don't buy Anton's albums for sound quality - however if you appreciate great music you will luv it.
Comes with a set of BJM crayons for hours of fun colouring in the covers and gatefold
:D

Can't wait to see them live again in November.

8Q7QAXc.jpg
Though this particular genre in rock is not my most favour - I have for sure listen through this album and after some thought decided, that I might will give this one a second thought. The cover however is one of the coolest cover I’ve seen in a very long time… Might turn anyone into a new Salvador Dalí?:D!

/ Jk

Though this particular genre in rock is not my most favour - I have for sure listen through this album and after some thought decided, that I might will give this one a second thought. The cover however is one of the coolest cover I’ve seen in a very long time… Might turn anyone into a new Salvador Dalí?:D!

/ Jk

Johan

People either get BJM or they don't. Most don't due to the fact you must listen to his albums multiple times, otherwise they all sound pretty similar - It's all in the subtleties .
If you want to try and get into them, I would try Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request , Bravery Repetition And Noise or Take It From The Man! first.

cheers

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing