:)

Attachments

• PXL_20240920_152235547.jpg
    PXL_20240920_152235547.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240920_152245956.jpg
    PXL_20240920_152245956.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 1
Ultravox - Lament - 5LP Box set - 40th anniversary - just released - they have done an excellent job with this release.
mastered @ Air Studios by Phil Kinrade from the original 1/2 inch production master using a 1984 Studer A80 tape machine, laquers cut by Barry Gint on a Neumann VMS 80 with a sx74 Cutter Head, cutting amps SAL 748.

2VUTAVY.jpg

U9Pz9A3.jpg

Ultravox - Lament - 5LP Box set - 40th anniversary - just released - they have done an excellent job with this release.
mastered @ Air Studios by Phil Kinrade from the original 1/2 inch production master using a 1984 Studer A80 tape machine, laquers cut by Barry Gint on a Neumann VMS 80 with a sx74 Cutter Head, cutting amps SAL 748.

2VUTAVY.jpg

U9Pz9A3.jpg
Wow Shane,

You really got a fine album there, cool!!

/ Johan

Reactions: XV-1
Streaming right now☝:

Purple Disco Machine - Paradise, from 2024.

This is the latest release of the East German guy Tino Piontek, who goes under his artist name ”Purple Disco Machine”. Influenced by Prince and Gloria Estefan’s Miami Sound Machine, this music really hits you in the center, and you will have hard time to sit still, and not start shaking that butt of yours, and get up and dance. It’s the 70’s - 80’s kind of disco music in modern package! Very good sounding album, enjoy :D !

/ Jk

IMG_1362.jpeg

What’s spinning tonight was more of what’s on screen tonight☝:

AC/DC - Live at River plate, from May 2011.

Live at River Plate is a live concert film documenting AC/DC’s Black Ice World Tour. The DVD includes footage from three concerts, with over 200.000 screaming fans in total, performed in December 2009 at the Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti (The River Plate Arena) in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The sound is quite poor, and the bass is almost left behind in south america… but as my set up is such, I can adjust the sound and bass to a real live performance, making the feeling - I’M THERE ..!!!

Because of the zoom to catch it all - it appears I’m sitting far away with a small screen, the truth is, it’s quite the opposite, I’m very close. Feels like Angus Young and Brian Johnson is standing in the room.

Highly recommend if you guys haven’t seen it yet. Visual: 11+, Sound: 4 - 5, Rock ’n’ Roll-Factor: 11+ !!!

/ Jk

IMG_1365.jpeg
IMG_1364.jpeg
IMG_1363.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu