What's Spinning Tonight?

Rock, or Alternative Rock? | Nine Inch Nails - The Slip

-- MI0001572165.jpg

-- * ...With some Pedal/Metal too?

Last edited:
gljj.jpg

Gene Loves Jezebel: Discover ÷
(1986 Torso/Beggars Banquet vinyl)

AP and pressed at QRP and Kevin Gray mastered. Have had it for a bit, but this is my first time listening to it. Very, very nice. Whisper quiet, lots of body/dynamics.

IMG_0091.JPG

And then later on came Sampler Volume 2 (RR-905CD).

* John Coltrane, anytime, and 'Soultrane'. :cool:

Hi Davey; I'm also listening to Jazz music right now (trumpet & acoustic bass & analog drums & trombone) on the r.a.d.i.o. ...Analog FM stereo; KPLU Victoria/Port Angeles.

Just about to watch a flick on Blu-ray.

And then later on came Sampler Volume 2 (RR-905CD).

* John Coltrane, anytime, and 'Soultrane'. :cool:

Hi Davey; I'm also listening to Jazz music right now (trumpet & acoustic bass & analog drums & trombone) on the r.a.d.i.o. ...Analog FM stereo; KPLU Victoria/Port Angeles.

Just about to watch a flick on Blu-ray.

Hi Bob, the system was truly in the 'sweet spot' tonight. My nephew had just played me his new P Mauriat 67 Alto Sax...and I'll tell you the similarity in sound was unreal ( although the 'live' instrument is still easily discernible). BTW, I'm not watching any movie, LOL...I'm going to bed...yawn:D

ledzeppelinv.jpg

Led Zeppelin: Mothership
(2007 Warner Music Japan CD)

have you compared with other Zeppelin masters of the same album? There was a thread that went into quite a lot of detail and the Zeppelin album i got, the Zeppelin Remasters, was apparently considered a high quality remaster. Just curious. Not a huge Zeppelin fan, so that is probably more than good enough for me. Again, just curious.

have you compared with other Zeppelin masters of the same album? There was a thread that went into quite a lot of detail and the Zeppelin album i got, the Zeppelin Remasters, was apparently considered a high quality remaster. Just curious. Not a huge Zeppelin fan, so that is probably more than good enough for me. Again, just curious.

Nope, not this one but I've got a lot of Japanese pressings by other artists, many of which I also own on "regular" cd and if I compare these, the JP pressing wins every time.

Nope, not this one but I've got a lot of Japanese pressings by other artists, many of which I also own on "regular" cd and if I compare these, the JP pressing wins every time.

Thanks...i have bought a few Japanese CDs...all good but never bothered to buy another pressing/mastering and compare...just went by reviews. Good to know you've compared and had good experiences so far.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing