What's Spinning Tonight?

It is funny how almost meek and mild he is until he puts his hands on the keys and really takes off. One of the most humble incredibly talented musicians I have ever met!

Just finish listening to Nirvana MTV Unplugged:

And now I can see what all the recommendations were about :). Surprisingly warm and mellow recording. Loved the guitar. The vocals on the first half of tracks had variable fidelity with being a bit muffled/recessed at times. It could be system of course. But it is still job well done for a live recording.

lf you are ever in Hong Kong...take it to Ernie Lau who has the Rockport Arrakis VTL Sigfried setup. its great fun. I have yet to hear any system play that one in the lifesize scale of the Arrakis setup at Ernie Lau's place, and none has been so effortless either. Totally recalibrated how i 'expect' to hear the opening track.

lf you are ever in Hong Kong...take it to Ernie Lau who has the Rockport Arrakis VTL Sigfried setup. its great fun. I have yet to hear any system play that one in the lifesize scale of the Arrakis setup at Ernie Lau's place, and none has been so effortless either. Totally recalibrated how i 'expect' to hear the opening track.
If I ever make it to Hong Kong again, my priorities would again be to stuff my face with food and buy some more custom tailored clothes. :D Might be hard to find time to listen to music. :D :D

A super generous and kind member of the forum sent me a large number of Jazziz magazines and enclosed CD samplers. Took me a while to rip them and start to listen. Just finished Summer 2011. Man this is great stuff! I especially liked the following tracks: http://www.worldcat.org/title/summer-variations-summer-2011/oclc/741838796

Anyone familiar with this Scottish Saxophone player? Great music and by far reference quality recording:
Star / Tommy Smith --
Captain Marvel / Corea, Clarke and White

Marseille / Andy Snitzer

Nengueleru / Stefon Harris, David Sanchez, Christian Scott

233 Butler / Julian Lage Group

Henya / Ambrose Akinmusire

I want you more / Eumir Deodato featuring Al Jarreau

Thanks a bunch Dan! :)

Last couple of days...

Feist Let it Die
41Ph++wrZIL._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Thin Red Line OST, Hans Zimmer
91tIo2ZfgqL._SL1500_.jpg

Lana Del Ray Honeymoon
528666.jpg

Mastodon Remission
Mastodon-Remission_1024x1024.jpeg

Tim Hecker Virgins
maxresdefault.jpg

And...

The Cardigans Super Extra Gravity
super-extra-gravity-4e651928c5ebe.jpg

Verdi Requiem (Sutherland, Horne, Pavarotti, Talvela, Solti)
Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 11.52.53 am.jpg

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo OST
Trent-Reznor-Atticus-Ross-The-Girl-With-The-Dragon-Tattoo-OST.jpg

Iron Maiden Somewhere In Time
tumblr_nhh2roDQRn1sjb8hfo1_1280.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing