What's Spinning Tonight?

What’s going on Shane - Did I break your heart or have I missed something? Well not quite the mosted advanced tunes at my place, but I got to say Daft Punk sounds pretty cool on my system… I’ll get back with a report when I spinn the vinyl. I take it, it’s not your cup of tea… OR..?!

/ Jk

Johan. I am just taking the piss / joking around. To me Daft Punk is so derivative and crap they are the Diana Krall of electronic music :p

Now this is godlike electronic music and in another universe to Daft Punk.

The Beloved - Happiness - the 2020 2LP reissue. one of the best synth pop releases ever.

QgujLvi.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
Johan. I am just taking the piss / joking around. To me Daft Punk is so derivative and crap they are the Diana Krall of electronic music :p

Now this is godlike electronic music and in another universe to Daft Punk.

The Beloved - Happiness - the 2020 2LP reissue. one of the best synth pop releases ever.

QgujLvi.jpg
I know Shane… don’t you worrie man, I know irony when I see it…LOL.. :D !!!
Not all artist are my cup of tea too. I DID actually listen to Daft Punk yesterday, and I DID actually mumbled quitetly to myself.. ””-hmm… that shane guy down under is not quite lost here… hmm..”” !! Damn it man.. I got to give it to you, that it was okaaaay, but no more…. The Beloved on the other hand is something else, agree a 1000%!! The Beloved, loves to be loved, and I truly love them..LOL:p!!

Occasionally I listen to Diana Krall too, but there I have to say she is really good… When I’m in that mode, I can (despite your screaming and boxing) play her for days in a row… I like her a lot, and her albums sounds like another universe here… When you come over and listen here, you WILL change your mind, I’m sure… MOOHAHAHA!!!

Cheers my friend

/ Jk

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1
On the Ascona this pre lunch☝:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories, from 2013, on black vinyl at 33rpm.

This is for YOU Shane as is the very best ever:D… LOL..!!!

Frankly speaking, the sound is pretty okay, good bass, nice sound effects, with a very silent background. All and all, an overall okay album. Enjoy !

/ Jk

IMG_0102.jpeg

Continue on the Ascona with☝:

Zara Larsson - VENUS, from 2024, on brown-red transparent vinyl at 33rpm.

This young fresh swedish artist is in the league of other nu-disco / house music artists like Alison Goldfrapp, Roosevelt, and such.
Very hard to sit still when listen, cus this baby is gonna move your butt :p !! Very very good sound on all planes… Highly recommended!!

/ Jk

IMG_0103.jpegIMG_0104.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: XV-1
The platter keeps turning on the Ascona☝:

Lisa Stansfield - Affection, orginal from 1989, on black vinyl at 33rpm.

This is one of my real favourite artists, and she has been a true companion throughout my DJ years, and ever after.. I play her as often as I can, and her voice and tight soul-like music always makes me smile, dance and shake my butt!! I love her ♥️!!! Don’t know why I always wanna pour an umbrella drink while she is pumping my stereo system:D??!!

This particular record, I bought used for $ 5 U.S. dollars. It was dusty as an old troll, but no scratches. A spinn in the manual record cleaning machine, and then off to the ultra sonic automatic cleaning machine, it was like it was pressed this morning!!! Awesome sounding, thight, fast, bass, clear awesome mids, with a super exclusive treble… Pure love to listen to this one☝;)!!

/ Jk

IMG_0105.jpegIMG_0106.jpeg

On the Ascona this mid Sunday☝:

The Doors - Strange days, orginally released in 1967 by Elektra Records. This stereo reissue, also from Elektra Records, is from 2009 and is very good sounding. Makes me wanna reach out for the Acoustic Sounds 2x45 version, which I don’t have yet. Enjoy!

/ Jk

IMG_0107.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: J007B and PHAA_
On the Ascona this pre lunch☝:

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories, from 2013, on black vinyl at 33rpm.

This is for YOU Shane as is the very best ever:D… LOL..!!!

Frankly speaking, the sound is pretty okay, good bass, nice sound effects, with a very silent background. All and all, an overall okay album. Enjoy !

/ Jk

View attachment 126690
I must admit I never bought this album when it came out as I only really like 2 tracks on it.

For me the best 2 tracks on the album are Giorgio by Moroder and Get lucky.

Now some really fresh fruit on the Ascona☝:

The Last Dinner Party - Prelude To Ecstasy, from 2024, on black vinyl at 33rpm.

This is the London based group’s first ever album. And it really caught my attention the other day at the record shop. The owner kept playing it while I was going through albums after albums… I felt there was something.. and I couldn’t let go.. This could actually be the record of 2024… I feel Pink Floyd, I feel Beth Nielsen Chapman, I feel Maggie Reilly, I feel Sally Oldfield, and a bit of Shakespear’s Sister…. A really cool sounding album, with a very balanced sound. This pressing is exquisite!! Highly recommended!! Enjoy !

/ Jk

IMG_0108.jpegIMG_0110.jpeg

Last edited:
I must admit I never bought this album when it came out as I only really like 2 tracks on it.

For me the best 2 tracks on the album are Giorgio by Moroder and Get lucky.
Hi Chris,

Yea I have been restrained towards this album my self, but I will give it 10-20 spinn before I really say what I think… The actual sound and the sound effects on the album is really really good, and that can be enough for me…. So far it is pretty okay to me… no more no less ;).

/ Jk

Hey J007B,
I held it in my hand in the shop yesterday but decided not to go for it.. at least not yesterday anyway. I think I will stream it for a while before any decision of buying it… it was okay to my ears but it did not caught me the way I wanted to… Maybe next time… I love Norah Jones… she is a fantastic artist.

/ Jk
Hi Johan,
Nice shopping spree! The Doors are in my top 5 favorite bands. Strange Days is a fantastic album.
Jeff

• Love
Hi Johan,
Nice shopping spree! The Doors are in my top 5 favorite bands. Strange Days is a fantastic album.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Thank you! Yea I felt like spreading the wings a bit this friday. With the result in hand I’m happy. Strange Days were really something! Played it over and over again a few hours ago… Now I just chill on the sofa, drinking coffee and watching TV…

Hope your sunday is going well ;) ..

/ Jk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing