What's Spinning Tonight?

Arvo Part is one of my favorite choral music composers. I find his music sublime and ethereal. We all must face the fact that we’re not here forever. At some point we’ll have to leave this earth. Who knows what if anything lies in the hereafter? I’d like to fantasize that I can still listen to Arvo Part.

1712117893904.png

Arvo Part is one of my favorite choral music composers. I find his music sublime and ethereal. We all must face the fact that we’re not here forever. At some point we’ll have to leave this earth. Who knows what if anything lies in the hereafter? I’d like to fantasize that I can still listen to Arvo Part.

View attachment 127991
@godofwealth ,

I don’t know why, but this reminds me of Christmas, it reminds me of childhood and my grand parents… It gives me tears in my eyes, but at the same time safe and warmth in my heart. Thank you for sharing this album.. I simply love it♥️!

/ Jk

look what just turned up via Fedex.
Keiji Haino / Jim O'Rourke / Oren Ambarchi – With Pats On The Head, Just One Too Few Is Evil One Too Many Is Good That's All It Is - 3LP set

Oren Ambarchi – Grapes From The Estate

Boris Blank – Resonance

20240403_171323.thumb.jpg.ec5a9c9c0abb9c1f273b5e1e39da9e10.jpg

View attachment 127991
I only know Arvo Pärt from modern classical music, e.g. tabula rasa. Here is an interesting interpretation from france.

Reactions: P-pan and XV-1
On the Ascona right now☝:

Yello - Live At The Roxy, from December 1983 in New York City, on transparent vinyl at 33rpm.

First released in 1984 on 12” vinyl by Vertigo Records. This reissue however, is from 2022 and is distributed by Universal Music. Very good classic Yello sound, as always ;).

/ Jk

IMG_0279.jpeg

Follow up on the Ascona☝:

Yello - The Race. This is the 12” maxi version, on red transparent vinyl at 33rpm.

Second Side contains ”Another Race” which is just an awesome remix of ”The Race”.

Orginally released in 1988 by Fontana Records. This reissue is from 2022, by Universal Music.

Sound is just wicked good :D !!

/ Jk

IMG_0280.jpegIMG_0281.jpeg

Yello keeps the Ascona spinning☝:

Yello - Pocket Universe, orginally from 1997. This gatefold, two record reissue however, is from 2021, on 2 x black vinyl at 33rpm.

Crazy low frequency bass on this album, as ”The Big Bang” is the ultimate hero of low frequency☝:p!!

/ Jk
IMG_0283.jpeg

Last edited:
On the Ascona this early afternoon☝:

Yello - Flag (Special Collector’s Edition), on black vinyl at 33rpm. Orginally released in 1988, and remastered in 2005. This special collecor’s edition reissue is from 2022, and is super high quality. The sound is crazy good! Highly recommended :) !

/ Jk

IMG_0284.jpeg

Follow up this afternoon on the Ascona☝:

Yello - Claro Que Si, on black vinyl at 33rpm.
Orginally released in 1981 by RALPH Records.

This reissue by Universal Music however, is from 2022. This album has the third and almost forgotten Yello member, Carlos Peron, controling the tapes effcts during recording and making of this album. Carlos Peron only appears on the first three albums made by Yello, before he took off to another universe.

Solid Pleasure, 1980
Claro Que Si, 1981
You Got To Say Yes To Another Excess, 1983

I have ”Qlaro Que Si” on CD… which is okay.
Now… -this vinyl album is much more dynamic, and is crazy good sounding!! Classic bass-rich and tight Yello sound - I love it :D !!

/ Jk

IMG_0287.jpegIMG_0288.jpeg

Reactions: P-pan and PHAA_
Follow up on the Ascona☝:

Yello - The Race. This is the 12” maxi version, on red transparent vinyl at 33rpm.

Second Side contains ”Another Race” which is just an awesome remix of ”The Race”.

Orginally released in 1988 by Fontana Records. This reissue is from 2022, by Universal Music.

Sound is just wicked good :D !!

/ Jk

View attachment 128009View attachment 128010
Hi Johan, how often did the racing car drive through your listening room:D

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
On the Ascona this evening☝:

Lol Tolhurst x Budgie x Jacknife Lee - Los Angeles, from 2023, on 2 x black vinyl at 33rpm.

Thank you Shane ( @XV-1 ) for introduce this album to me a few month ago. It sounds big, powerful, tight and glimmering - In other words… Awesome!!!

/ Jk

IMG_0290.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1 and DasguteOhr
Continue on the Ascona this evening☝:

Lloyd Cole - Guesswork, from 2019, on black vinyl at 33rpm. Once again thanks to Shane ( @XV-1 ) for introduce this album to me a while back. At my place this album start doing crazy things with mind and body.. One wanna get up and move that butt and start drumming on just about everything :D !!! Great album - Thanks man !!

/ Jk

IMG_0291.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing