Which Speakers for Dartzeel NHB-108B and NHB-18NS Combo?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Finally got the Evolution MM2's.
Too soon to fully describe them but very very good out of the box!
congrats on your choice!

i owned that same dart 18NS + 108 + MM2(3) combo for 6 years and loved it. it will serve the essence of the music well.

enjoy.

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Special thanks to @jtinn for making it possible and to you @Mike Lavigne , I've been following your posts on here and audiogon on your room build and equipment. Just completed building a dedicated 27x18x11 room and finished my PBD MPD-5, Dart Pre/Power with the MM2’s. The room acoustics are a work in progress.

Do the MM2’s benefit greatly from upgraded power cords?

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Special thanks to @jtinn for making it possible and to you @Mike Lavigne , I've been following your posts on here and audiogon on your room build and equipment. Just completed building a dedicated 27x18x11 room and finished my PBD MPD-5, Dart Pre/Power with the MM2’s. The room acoustics are a work in progress.

Do the MM2’s benefit greatly from upgraded power cords?
yes, and even fuses too matter.

thank you for the kind words......and congrats on your new room. we will need to see pictures when you can do that.

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
yes, and even fuses too matter.

thank you for the kind words......and congrats on your new room. we will need to see pictures when you can do that.
Any recommendations on cables/fuses?
I'm traveling for a few days.. will post pics when I get back. Thanks.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Any recommendations on cables/fuses?
I'm traveling for a few days.. will post pics when I get back. Thanks.
it's been years since i changed the fuses and don't recall what i used. i know it mattered. i will try to find that info.

the power cables are the Absolute Fidelity from Genesis Loudspeakers. they are not UL approved and are delicate cables.

but i'd just see if you can try different power cables and find what you like. the do matter.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Here are some photos. Rooms looking a bit sparse at the moment but I have a sofa, bookshelves, etc. coming.
beautiful, elegant room; similar to mine with the front 1/3rd wood flooring, rear carpeting. and wide too, many rooms are not that wide. love the colors and textures. MM2 <-> 108 combo top notch.

very very nice job!

bravo!

manjy

Aug 31, 2011
Thank you all!

beautiful, elegant room; similar to mine with the front 1/3rd wood flooring, rear carpeting. and wide too, many rooms are not that wide. love the colors and textures. MM2 <-> 108 combo top notch.

very very nice job!

bravo!
Your room is what inspired me! The dimensions are 27' x 18' x 11'

Looks great. Gorgeous room! What is the source? Oh and just curious, why no toe in?
I just got them and this is the initial placement following the Golden Progression method mentioned in the manual. Still need to work on toe-in, etc.

At the moment, it's all digital. I have Roon running on a NUC going to an Allo USB Bridge and then to the Playback Designs MPD5 DAC via their USB-XIII box. Pre/Power are Dartzeel. DAC/pre/power are connected using 50ohm BNC.

I use balanced power and have 2 dedicated earths for the room. Except for the DAC/PRE which are near the rear wall, everything else is in an adjacent room.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing