Do certain tubes go better with certain speakers, what's the tube for Devore O/96

essrand

Jan 8, 2018
I thought I might poll to see if people think certain tubes go better with certain speakers.

I have always heard 300b go well with Devore O/96, but I always thought it was not the tube but the implementation that mattered more, in fact both do (of course).

When it comes to amp selection, I have typically chosen brand/designer/model first, tube later, but recently a friend convinced me to invert the decision. Choose the tube that is best for the speaker, then choose the best implementation of that tube (that you can afford).

Anyone try that?
Any ideas, what's best tubes for Devores?

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing