WireWorld silver eclipse 8 Speaker cables.

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Have sufficient gear to merit this speaker cable, I have read some reviews, and it comes in very favourable. I am wondering if anyone else is using this cable or had experience with them.

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
This is one of the reviews......

Earlier today, I received, drop shipped directly to me from Wireworld Cable Technology, my new Silver Eclipse speaker cables – two 10’ ones for my main left and right speakers and one 8’ one for my center channel speaker. I am writing to briefly relate my initial impressions after listening to my system for the past three hours.

These Silver Eclipse speaker cables replaced Transparent Audio MusicWave Super speaker cables which I had purchased approximately 20 years ago. The catalyst for their replacement was a failure in the center channel speaker cable; Transparent believes it is likely to be a break somewhere around the split of the + and – wires at the cable’s speaker end. Anyhow, I had been thinking about modernizing/upgrading these speaker cables ever since I bought new Wireworld Equinox balanced analog interconnect cables about a year ago, as they effected a demonstrable sonic improvement over the replaced Blue Jeans ones I had purchased nearly 15 years ago.

In essence, “Wow! What an improvement!” Here is why:

Microdynamics. Sounds do not just abruptly stop; they fade away. Moreover, particularly in more complex recordings there is a lot going on at the same time. The new cables enable me to hear deeper into the music without effort, and for what I do hear to sound much more natural realistic.
Detail. Playing the 4th movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, the vocals were utterly amazing. Rather than a massed chorus, I heard many, many voices – a true delight. In another recording, I never realized the singer had actually two tracks of her voice laid one over the other. I had never been able to hear that before.
Frequency extension. Heretofore, cymbals, triangles and other high energy high frequency instruments were just a little less lifelike, a little dulled. No longer. Amazing.
Imaging. There is one duet of Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson I play where they sing about five or six feet apart. With the Transparent cables, the two performers seemed around four feet wide each and their images were, well, vague. With the Silver Eclipse cables, their individual images are rock solid. I found this to be hugely impressive. In all fairness, in one regard possibly the Transparent cables, at least so far, fare a little better: depth. In Lou Reed’s “Take a Walk on the Wild Side”, there is a chorus of three female singers who walk toward the microphones starting from the rear of the stage; that sense of depth seems slightly shallower with the new cables. It will be interesting to see whether the Silver Eclipses improve in this regard over the next week or two.
Soundstage. My speakers have completely disappeared. In playing more than 30 different tracks, I did not experience in even one track a sense of the sound emanating between the left and right speakers. This is a dramatic enhancement of the ability to suspend belief.
Realism. At the end of the day, the whole raison d’etre for an audio system is to recreate the sense of “being there”. Whether I was listening to Brahms’ Violin Concerto in D, Rhapsody in Blue, Leonard Cohen, Shania Twain, the Eagles, or the Rolling Stones (among many), the one consistency was my sense that the “reproductive veil” was lifted. I was simply there.

Let me end this dissertation of mine with one caveat. My speakers, amps, preamp, music server/DAC, cabling, and power conditioners are all high quality units. I think that the overall quality of my audio system enabled me to hear – and enjoy – what the Silver Eclipse speaker cables were capable of delivering. In this way, my new speaker cables were an appropriate companion to the rest of my components. I do not think that, say, the still more expensive Gold Eclipse version of my speaker cables would have made a truly discernable improvement in what I was hearing because my audio system just is not good enough. (My equipment is listed below my signature.) On the other hand, I wonder if I shall start developing a nagging doubt whether I didn't shortchange myself with the Equinox interconnects, notwithstanding the outstanding improvement in my system they provided last year. What I am attempting to say is that, when going for that upgrade, doing one's homework needs to be part of the investment so that money isn't wasted in either direction.

All that said, my bottom line is that I have “buyer’s delight”!

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Congratulations! I always found Wireworld cables to be good value for money and no BS.

Reactions: AudioHR

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
The only complaint I have read about Silver Eclipse models, at least prior to #8, is they tend to be lean in the bass with added brightness and a slight edginess. Perhaps those traits have been tamed in the latest version.

I used the original Wireworld Eclipse for over15 years and liked it very much. At one point I compared it to Eclipse 6 and Silver Eclipse 6 which were the current models, and I preferred my Series 1 to the newer cables. The Silver 6 was the most detailed of the bunch but I found the treble slightly bright and somewhat disconnected to the midrange and the bass wasn’t strong enough for my tastes even though it was nicely detailed. Plus it wasn’t as dynamic as the original Eclipse. I concluded that my original Eclipse was more colored and not quite as detailed as either of the newer Series 6 cables but it was more to my tastes.

Of course, this was just my experience in my system. The Silver Eclipse cables (all series) seem to be one of the most popular Wireworld cables so your experience may be different from mine.

Last edited:

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Sorry for the confusion, that long post is not my review, It is one I found. I spoke tp my audio dealer, and I will bet placing the order for a set of cables in a couple of months.

hifidelity1

Jan 19, 2011
I have Silver Eclipse 8 rca and Xlr's between source and preamp and amp , I do plan on the speaker cables one day . The one thing I've come to call them after letting them settle is "the great organizer" much as the review you posted on the speaker cables everything i just easier to follow, no brightness to speak of and deep taunt top to bottom bass, just transparent musicality!

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I agree. I have a Gold Starlite 8 Pure silver cable between the Dac and Preamp. I was lost for a term, and you are correct the Great organizer is what happened. I have all WireWorld cables on both systems, and they pair well with my equipment.

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Well things changed. I saw a pair used online, they were priced right, so I could not pass them up. They are a nice musical cable. The music is more bold and pronounced now. They didn't take anything away, they actually enhanced everything. Listening to Carmen Lundy right now WOW this CD will show you where you have flaws in your system.it is very well produced and recorded. I love what I am hearing .

Reactions: Audiofreak71

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
The More i play this system, the better it starts to sound. It seems different each time. I guess cables do take time to break in. The Wireworld cables have helped get me where i want to be in the end. I am so blown away by everything i have done, seems to have been in the correct direction. I have dead silence on the system, articulation and annunciation from vocals. Tight fast bass, when i play Dave Brubeck out of time, the drum solo snare is so tight crisp and sharp, it is perfect.

The chase is over, i can just sit back and enjoy the music.

Reactions: Audiofreak71

Audiofreak71

Aug 25, 2023
Pacific Northwest
Congratulations! The Wireworld cables are an excellent value for sure, I have the Eclipse 7 speaker cables and I love them. Btw which Carmen Lundy album were you referring too above?

Arif_in_Japan

Aug 20, 2022
I used the Silver Eclipse 8 for two years an only recently upgraded to the Platinum Eclipse 8. I was quite happy with what I was getting with my Luxman m900/c900 combination at the time but recently moved up to the Westminsterlab Rei/Quest and upgraded the cable.

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
This is one of the reviews......

Earlier today, I received, drop shipped directly to me from Wireworld Cable Technology, my new Silver Eclipse speaker cables – two 10’ ones for my main left and right speakers and one 8’ one for my center channel speaker. I am writing to briefly relate my initial impressions after listening to my system for the past three hours.

These Silver Eclipse speaker cables replaced Transparent Audio MusicWave Super speaker cables which I had purchased approximately 20 years ago. The catalyst for their replacement was a failure in the center channel speaker cable; Transparent believes it is likely to be a break somewhere around the split of the + and – wires at the cable’s speaker end. Anyhow, I had been thinking about modernizing/upgrading these speaker cables ever since I bought new Wireworld Equinox balanced analog interconnect cables about a year ago, as they effected a demonstrable sonic improvement over the replaced Blue Jeans ones I had purchased nearly 15 years ago.

In essence, “Wow! What an improvement!” Here is why:

Microdynamics. Sounds do not just abruptly stop; they fade away. Moreover, particularly in more complex recordings there is a lot going on at the same time. The new cables enable me to hear deeper into the music without effort, and for what I do hear to sound much more natural realistic.
Detail. Playing the 4th movement of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, the vocals were utterly amazing. Rather than a massed chorus, I heard many, many voices – a true delight. In another recording, I never realized the singer had actually two tracks of her voice laid one over the other. I had never been able to hear that before.
Frequency extension. Heretofore, cymbals, triangles and other high energy high frequency instruments were just a little less lifelike, a little dulled. No longer. Amazing.
Imaging. There is one duet of Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson I play where they sing about five or six feet apart. With the Transparent cables, the two performers seemed around four feet wide each and their images were, well, vague. With the Silver Eclipse cables, their individual images are rock solid. I found this to be hugely impressive. In all fairness, in one regard possibly the Transparent cables, at least so far, fare a little better: depth. In Lou Reed’s “Take a Walk on the Wild Side”, there is a chorus of three female singers who walk toward the microphones starting from the rear of the stage; that sense of depth seems slightly shallower with the new cables. It will be interesting to see whether the Silver Eclipses improve in this regard over the next week or two.
Soundstage. My speakers have completely disappeared. In playing more than 30 different tracks, I did not experience in even one track a sense of the sound emanating between the left and right speakers. This is a dramatic enhancement of the ability to suspend belief.
Realism. At the end of the day, the whole raison d’etre for an audio system is to recreate the sense of “being there”. Whether I was listening to Brahms’ Violin Concerto in D, Rhapsody in Blue, Leonard Cohen, Shania Twain, the Eagles, or the Rolling Stones (among many), the one consistency was my sense that the “reproductive veil” was lifted. I was simply there.

Let me end this dissertation of mine with one caveat. My speakers, amps, preamp, music server/DAC, cabling, and power conditioners are all high quality units. I think that the overall quality of my audio system enabled me to hear – and enjoy – what the Silver Eclipse speaker cables were capable of delivering. In this way, my new speaker cables were an appropriate companion to the rest of my components. I do not think that, say, the still more expensive Gold Eclipse version of my speaker cables would have made a truly discernable improvement in what I was hearing because my audio system just is not good enough. (My equipment is listed below my signature.) On the other hand, I wonder if I shall start developing a nagging doubt whether I didn't shortchange myself with the Equinox interconnects, notwithstanding the outstanding improvement in my system they provided last year. What I am attempting to say is that, when going for that upgrade, doing one's homework needs to be part of the investment so that money isn't wasted in either direction.

All that said, my bottom line is that I have “buyer’s delight”!

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
I was quite happy with what I was getting with my Luxman m900/c900 combination at the time but recently moved up to the Westminsterlab Rei/Quest and upgraded the cable.
...briefly off-piste: You really dig the Westminster over the Luxy? Did you have the 900 gear a long time? Thank you.

Arif_in_Japan

Aug 20, 2022
...briefly off-piste: You really dig the Westminster over the Luxy? Did you have the 900 gear a long time? Thank you.
Had the M900/C900 combo for about three years. First I tried the Lumin Amp but preferred the M900 and then moved to the Rei. My first step was primarily an intent to downsize and just stay with the Rei + an X1. Added the Quest since I got a very good deal on it. The mono-blocks add a plus alpha versus the m900 I feel.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Congratulations on your Silver Eclipse cables. I wonder did you try out higher models of Transparent Audio cables first before changing to Silver Eclipse?
No there is nothing available around here to try. When I saw these for sale for 50% off and only being 1 year old I grabbed them. WireWorld pairs well with Sugden and Dynaudio. I am very happy with the results.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I use these speaker cables in a second system I am driving Magico A-5 speakers. They sound great. I use wireworld througout both my systems at the silver level and as many have said they sound great and are reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
I use these speaker cables in a second system I have driving Magico A-5 speakers. They sound great. I use wireworld througout both my systems at the silver level and as many have said they sound great and are reasonably priced.
Which cable do you use on your main system then which you feel is better than the Silver eclipes 8

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
Acoustic Zen Absolute. Never have compared the two because of length differences.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing