WireWorld silver eclipse 8 Speaker cables.

Well I am not sure what changed? I was listening to music on Saturday, and it sounded very bright and harsh for some reason. ? I thought I would try an experiment. I have a set of Madison audio lab Extreme2 cables on my second system in the basement. I removed the Wireworld cables and connected the Madison. And BOOM what a difference. Less bright warm musical. All the details are still there etc. The Music feels more emotional if you will? So I called an audio Dealer I bought the Madison's from, he said they are no longer in business, and that He highly recommended the new Fono Acoustico Legato cables. He used them in his display at the Canadian Audio show in 2023, and was very impressed by them. I put a deposit down on a set this morning. Will see them in Mid Sept.

Well I am not sure what changed? I was listening to music on Saturday, and it sounded very bright and harsh for some reason. ? I thought I would try an experiment. I have a set of Madison audio lab Extreme2 cables on my second system in the basement. I removed the Wireworld cables and connected the Madison. And BOOM what a difference. Less bright warm musical. All the details are still there etc. The Music feels more emotional if you will? So I called an audio Dealer I bought the Madison's from, he said they are no longer in business, and that He highly recommended the new Fono Acoustico Legato cables. He used them in his display at the Canadian Audio show in 2023, and was very impressed by them. I put a deposit down on a set this morning. Will see them in Mid Sept.
It’s interesting that you experienced that with your Wireworld speaker cables because I was experiencing something similar.

talked to my brother about the issues I was having and he recommended cleaning all my connections before buying new cables, I got some Chord Transmission solution went by the instructions with the whole process.

The results? Holy Sh!t what a difference, it’s the way I was used to my system sounding like but even more refined with that nice sparkle and air. So even though you’ve bought a new pair of cables it might be worth experimenting with those contact cleaners.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
It’s interesting that you experienced that with your Wireworld speaker cables because I was experiencing something similar.

talked to my brother about the issues I was having and he recommended cleaning all my connections before buying new cables, I got some Chord Transmission solution went by the instructions with the whole process.

The results? Holy Sh!t what a difference, it’s the way I was used to my system sounding like but even more refined with that nice sparkle and air. So even though you’ve bought a new pair of cables it might be worth experimenting with those contact cleaners.
I use https://www.parts-express.com/CAIG-...xu2Yob2u1xIeu85qGXDubpv6_yVpzfpBoCaR0QAvD_BwE

Reactions: Audiofreak71
Wire World stuff can be bright and thin , not really competitive today as in the past ...
I had no idea. I compared WW PE8 speaker cables to several and thought they performed very well. I have a 10 foot pair connecting my YG Sonja XVi to a Boulder 3060. I evaluated them using primarily classical music, orchestra, opera and solo grand piano.

What gear did you hear WW PE8 speaker cables sound bright and thin? Compared to what other cables?

Silver Eclipse 8 , the other models i cant
recall , i think price wise above this performance vs cost tails off drastically ..!

Silver anything can exhibit brightness , matching needs to be carefully done , but it seems consistent when i have heard it in different systems..!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu