World Cup predictions anyone?

My son, who is into soccer (while I only watch the grandsons in the Under 8 & Under 10 leagues) tells me that it's more like shaving cream (it evaporates in 3 to 5 minutes). Anyway it has been used in a few top level leagues around the world and you can place the referee by if & how he use's it.

My son, who is into soccer (while I only watch the grandsons in the Under 8 & Under 10 leagues) tells me that it's more like shaving cream (it evaporates in 3 to 5 minutes). Anyway it has been used in a few top level leagues around the world and you can place the referee by if & how he use's it.

That's what I heard as well..... I haven't seen it used in other leagues, but then I don't watch all of them. I like that FIFA introduced it for the WC.

Mexico just passed to round 2 (8ths finals) top 16 teams. good!

Congrats! A well-deserved advance into the Group Stage.

You'll be playing us (NETHERLANDS) and it should be a firecracker of a game.
Brasil plays Chile! Tell you what....Brasil better bring their A game, because this has UPSET written all over it.

Brasil plays Chile! Tell you what....Brasil better bring their A game, because this has UPSET written all over it.

You must be one happy camper. From what I have seen of the Netherlands, they're pretty good. Finalists good.

i think Netherlands is an excellent team, it will be hard for Mexico to go any further than that.

You must be one happy camper. From what I have seen of the Netherlands, they're pretty good. Finalists good.

I was happy 4 years ago as well when we marched into the final with Spain, only to get beat 1-0 in extra time. I was never so heartbroken in my life. I'm hoping the outcome will be different this time as I believe we have what it takes to go all the way again.

i think Netherlands is an excellent team, it will be hard for Mexico to go any further than that.

Yes it will be, but we've had so many upsets already that anything is possible (hopefully not at The Netherlands' expense though).

Johnny V, you must be young. Real heartbreak should be in 1978 when you hit the post in extra-time added in...Rob RENSENBRINK.

Johnny V, you must be young. Real heartbreak should be in 1978 when you hit the post in extra-time added in...Rob RENSENBRINK.

Watched my first WC in 1966, so not so young. First heartbreak was actually 1974 when Germany won 2-1 . In 78 Argentina blew us away 4-2.

3-1, AFAIK (but I was not born yet...)

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking and didn't check my post after. :eek:

Nah, I recall 1978 being tied 1-1 at full time and in stoppage time Rob hit the post. Kempes went on to score 2 and you lost 3-1 (without Cruyff). You should have won that.

1974 you scored first, but the West Germans took away the game from you, due to fatigue from playing brazil in the SFs.

Nah, I recall 1978 being tied 1-1 at full time and in stoppage time Rob hit the post. Kempes went on to score 2 and you lost 3-1 (without Cruyff). You should have won that.

1974 you scored first, but the West Germans took away the game from you, due to fatigue from playing brazil in the SFs.

I think I feel stronger about '74 because I was in an arena with my Dad back in Montreal where we watched the game on closed circuit I think they called it. Anyway....the Dutch were on one side and the Germans on the other. It was a very boisterous affair and the let down was made more obvious by the jubilant German fans.

I was on vacation in Lake George, NY in 78 and not as much into the game.

I was happy 4 years ago as well when we marched into the final with Spain, only to get beat 1-0 in extra time. I was never so heartbroken in my life. I'm hoping the outcome will be different this time as I believe we have what it takes to go all the way again.

Yes it will be, but we've had so many upsets already that anything is possible (hopefully not at The Netherlands' expense though).

1974, 1978 and 2010 you were up against the very best, even with the very best (Cruyff, etc., in '74). I hope that you do it this time.

First half over....thank God. I was about to nod off!

Italy would have not managed to progress during the competition and, at that point, it's better to go home... but a player like Suarez should not deserve to play any other game in this tournament.
I agree. FIFA will surely investigate this and I think Suarez will get at least a one-game suspension. Personally I think it should be a tournament dismissal.

I agree. FIFA will surely investigate this and I think Suarez will get at least a one-game suspension. Personally I think it should be a tournament dismissal.

I was backing Uruguay to win it all, but sadly I am forced to agree.

And it's not first time he's done this either.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing