Your "World's Best Audio System" . . . 2012 Edition

Jeffrey, I just stumbled into your thread; wow, give me few days, weeks perhaps, to come up with my suggestion of a system that I consider one of the very best, and affordable by most people livin' on this planet of ours. :b

It would be digital (digital done right) though, because analog is just too much work for most people. And I can tell you this too; not too complicated, and with a Room Acoustic Correction & EQ system.

Best for me means: accessible (financially and operatively) for most people living in today's technology age, excellent sound of course (main objective), and the looks aren't important (the music reproduction is).

Like I said, give me some time to construct intelligently ...

One other note . . . we plan to post a video hopefully on the Friday of the event of the speakers and electronics being forklifted into the room (on that Wednesday and Thursday). Hopefully no one will get killed in the process :eek:

Cross your fingers for me please!

Well, it all starts Wednesday! I am personally responsible for driving the forklift that will get the Q7's up to the second floor. If I fail, goodbye. Jeff will kill me and likely ditch my body in the marsh.

At least we'll know where to tell CSI to look! :D

Seriously, be safe guys!

Well, it all starts Wednesday! I am personally responsible for driving the forklift that will get the Q7's up to the second floor. If I fail, goodbye. Jeff will kill me and likely ditch my body in the marsh.

Not if his wife gets to you first...then you may WISH Jeff killed and buried you...

I've now got all the electronics and cables burning in, though I hit a small snag. The Q7s are not here yet, and the speakers I am using are single-wire only. The Vitus amps have 100W sections and 500W sections. So as of now I have the 100W output stages playing and I will alternate that with the 500W stages, perhaps switching over every few hours (there are separate binding posts for each stage). Speaking of the amps, I have never seen such a power supply . . . simply massive. Wait till you see the power connector between the two ;)

Here are a few pictures from today!

Attachments

• Day One Fork Lift&#.jpg
    Day One Fork Lift&#.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Day One Fork Lift&#.jpg
    Day One Fork Lift&#.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 295
That UI Core transformer of the Vitus AVA company really is a work of art. No doubt, the Vitus amps really have an ace up their sleeve with that one, others designers should take notice...
When details started to emerge of the Vitus products back mid the 2000's the thing that got the attention quickly was the size of the main transformer. Why would one need such a massive beast at the heart of an amplifier sporting such lowly wattage ratings... ?
I guess we'll read all about it soon enough... looking forward to that, indeed!

We are assuming the 100 watt stage is Class A, and the 500 watt stage A/B then... ?

Imperial.

Vitus AVA rates it at 2.2KVA a pop. That is 48lbs per unit!!!

On a sidenote Northstar, I just yesterday saw Dune (from 1984) you know. The movie.

Arrakis, the planet where the spice is. The spice that enables the ones that consume it to travel without moving, bringing to "you" the entire existence of where you want to be... paralleling to TWBAS:
Arrakis where the sound it self is a power to be reckoned with. What is spoken becomes... you play music, well, Arrakis takes you there.

So then The Vitus amps, they are the spice needed, to make Arrakis do it's job...
Seeing the movie, I sort of had this thread in the back of my mind.

So then, the Magico Q7's are they also able to travel equally well? Is the power, the "spice" in the Vitus amps able to transport a listener, the factor that makes it all come together, even besting the original Arrakis setup?
I'd say this is an exciting thread to read! While on the subject of epic journeys you know...

Addendum: Talking about spice... in Dune it is called "melange", well, it just so happens that we in Norway have a type of butter called... Melange.
Flytnde%20melange.png
:D
One wonders how many companies have been inspired by Dune, the movie... Ay? :rolleyes:

Imperial.

Last edited:
Yes, I am very familiar with the movie 'Dune' (1984), directed by David Lynch and starring Sting and Max von Sydow among a cast of other great actors. Music by Toto, and Prophecy Theme by Brian Eno. ...I got the Blu-ray at home as I am a huge David Lynch's fan. :b

...Very nice anecdote (comparison, ...). :cool:

Bob

P.S. 48 pounds for a transformer is a fair chunk! That must add some precious 'spice' indeed.

P.P.S. 'Melange' is French for Mix. :b

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing