Your "World's Best Audio System" . . . 2012 Edition

Was it submission*s* or offers and the attractive one accepted?

Conditions: The overriding goal is fidelity to the recording. High-resolution two-channel audio is a must (in whatever form that might take). The manufacturers chosen must be willing to send review samples and travel to my home to help assemble the system. The components need to be finished product, for sale to audiophiles,

Taken from post #1.

Well, that was not done. I offered to have folks do that and no one contacted me to follow up. Clearly another criteria was used to get the list down to what they wanted to test, rather than what was available per submissions requirement.

I'm not clear Amir. You mean you wanted to submit samples? I suggested that there are two other self proclaimed worlds best Were they defeated or ignored?

I'm not clear Amir. You mean you wanted to submit samples? I suggested that there are two other self proclaimed worlds best Were they defeated or ignored?
I made an offer and even contacted the company and they gave the green light to provide samples: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt....-.-2012-Edition&p=56191&viewfull=1#post56191

I was really looking forward to a shoot out of that amp against others. I have not kept up with the thread to know what choices were made for amplification. The offer did include delivery, set up, etc. as requested.

Hi for me the best audio system is of course the one that you OWN, i have been with Acoustat's electrostatic speakers since 1984 and am a panel kind of guy, but this year i had lot's of time to spend in the MBL room at the Montreal Salon Son Image 2012 and for around $40k i heard a system that put to shame systems 2 to 3 times that price for ME it is very important to get BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK and with the MBL Corona system that's what you get, this may sound funny to most of you but even at 40K this system is a BARGAIN i am 66 years old audio as been my only passion for more than 40 of those years i have heard many very high end systems in my life but NONE that impressed me that much OUTSIDE panels, i have always said this and still believe it, to get close to a panel sound with cone speakers you have to spend at least DOUBLE the money and at least for me that's still the case, i could easely live with both of these systems BUT my system is worth 20K and the MBL Corona system is worth 40K.

MrAcoustat Keep It Simple system

KeepItSimple1000X750.jpg

MBL Corona system

MBLCoronaSystem3900000.jpg

YG Acoustic Anat III Signature- Review by Pter Brueniger The Absolute Sound 2/12 iss220, $120k

"...truest to the mastertape and the absolute sound loudspeaker I've heard. Its' presence and scale are extraordinary..."

YG Acoustic Anat III Signature- Review by Pter Brueniger The Absolute Sound 2/12 iss220, $120k

"...truest to the mastertape and the absolute sound loudspeaker I've heard. Its' presence and scale are extraordinary..."

Wonder which master tapes and reel to reel he used?? :confused:

Yoav’s [YG Acoutics]goal is to produce the best loudspeakers in the world, period. But who doesn’t have this goal, and, besides, what is "the best"? In Yoav’s mind, the best speaker is the most accurate -- the one that colors the signal the least. He wants to create conduits to the music, speakers with no real sonic signature of their own.

Furthermore, Yoav believes that to arrive at this ideal it is imperative not just to rely on measurements but to live by them. This flies in the face of those who believe that our existing measurements tell us little about how a component sounds. Yoav believes that if you know what you’re measuring and you’re doing your measurements properly, then you can have objective data that tells you everything you need to know about designing speakers. Yes, everything.
Soundstage Audio

Enphasis Supplied

H. H. Scott was a manufacturer of tubed audio components back in the 1950s and 60s. The chief engineer was Mr. Donald von Recklinghausen. His most famous quotation goes something like this: "If a component measures good and sounds good, it is good. If a component sounds good but measures bad, you're measuring the wrong thing." To say that the wrong measurements have been made for decades would be to take the easy way out. It might be far more appropriate to say that in the absence of the "right" measurement, too much emphasis has been placed on the "wrong" measurement. While this "wrong" measurement is still an appropriate and valuable measurement to make, it is just not the most important measurement anymore."

Last edited:
True Bob, but for boxes they realy sound awesome. ( for a box that is )

But MBL has several models, and some of them don't look like boxes at all.

True BUT they are boxes, or where would you house the woof woof woofer, this is one gorgeous speaker that i would be proud to own, but it does have a BOX.

MBL-101Speaker.jpg

-----Just take that lower portion (sub) out, and stick it to another (better) position. :b

Andre, what do you think of Avantgarde loudspeakers? ...The ones with separate boxes and that don't look like boxes at all.

For example:

b2.jpg

-----Just take that lower portion (sub) out, and stick it to another (better) position. :b

Andre, what do you think of Avantgarde loudspeakers? ...The ones with separate boxes and that don't look like boxes at all.

For example:

b2.jpg

Avantgarde loudspeakers are very good speakers BUT for that kind of money i would stick with panels THESE, Analisys Orion for ME the bass from a panel is what come's closest to the real thing but i did say FOR ME.

AnalysisAudio_OrionX.jpg

Last edited:
-----You like Apogee speakers Andre?

Yes Bob, i do i like all panels but dollar for dollar NOTHING beats Acoustat here is a photo of me with my friends Spectra 6600s these speakers WITHOUT subwoofers blew away Martin Logan CLX's with subwoofers and it wasn't even close i am not kidding just this week my friend is adding 2 JL's Fathom F-112 to the Acoustat's i realy don't think he need's them but he want's to and there his so he does what he want's and that's fine to.

PS: These speakers are very highly modified special resistors - capacitors - bybee mod - +++ the frame is all 2x3 steel covered with russian wood they weigh around 600 pounds each.

AcoustatSpectra6600MrAcoustat.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing