Zanden 1200 Signature

Ed.P

Mar 12, 2018
I have and still use a 1000. I asked this question of Zanden and was told no luck now with any 1200 having an MM input but the 120 (SS) can have one of the two transformer pairs removed for an MM input. The 1000 also has the mono input and loading choices.

Reactions: howiebrou

Ed.P

Mar 12, 2018
I don't think he'd mind if I quote this from him email: the primary differences between the model 1000 and the later 1200 series is the tube circuit design which incorporates fixed bias. Whatever sonic improvements you may achieve by having the "perfect loading" for your cartridge [via SUT] they are almost always outweighed by the sonic improvements of fixed bias. The 1200 series has both a pair of low and high impedance step up transformers. For the vast majority of cartridges any sonic benefit to having your own custom step transformer is minor compared to the benefits of fixed bias.

ationg

Aug 7, 2016
This phonoamp looks like a piece of jewellery and so pretty. I wonder how does it perform in slam and bass compared to the best of the solid states like Boulder, CH Precision etc? Could any users share their thoughts?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing