2022 Academy Award Winners

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I think the most famous slap at an Oscar's still came from the midriff of male streaker who interrupted David Niven in 1974. Followed by a withering joke.

Link to avoid being banned for less sexualized content than a tame costume on the red carpet reveals these days.
Can you imagine Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra reacting the way Will Smith did? :p They would have laughed in his face and told him to grow up.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rando and XV-1

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hanz Zimmer is hilarious talking about the "really fxxking shitty show" after he won best music for Dune.

Reactions: rando

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
everyone is awaiting the decision by the Academy. This will be the one and only chance that Hollywood will have to redeem itself

Will Smith cheered by Hollywood as Academy attempted to eject ‘King Richard’ star after Chris Rock slap

Steve Williams

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Reactions: Alrainbow

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
He should have been removed soon as he sat down. The man is nuts no doubt and what he did is a massive issue for all performers not just comedians. i can’t imagine what’s next
on my cruise there were live comedy acts
known comics
very funny
the last act was a gay man. i know him very funny been around a
long time just controls the room.
At his start he quickly made some jokes to let us know he is gay. I laughed as most lost his meaning
I was front row a bad place for comics
when he seen l quickly laughed he looked at me
then he got dark
he went into a tare in non vaxed people
wishing them all dead not kidding said it a few times
why
non vaxed are the issue if there all dead just like Howard stern we are all safe. Dumb jerk
I looked at him at first it was a joke
then as he looked mad and said two more times
the room got silent a few left the room. Then he got really funny and said I’m glad they left we are all safer.
he then got really funny until he asked someone next to me where they were from
they said Missouri
he then said wow they like wife beaters there of course it was a rep who was accused
he sneared
I yelled its ok he was a republican knowing this would make him explode
it worked lol. I laughed at him and said so you can wish all non vaxed to die it’s funny but one wife beater is bad. Maybe she needed it.
the room erupted in laughing at him as he was mad.
then I put up my hand I’m sorry let it be.
he did but never looked at me again. im vaxed but know enough it’s a choice and smart enough to know there at risk
maybe I should have smacked him lol.
no matter what he said I would not ever touch or threaten anyone
And please no vax comments it’s about will smith only.

ps I never interupt acts ever unless they ask me and I run from this

Steve Williams

It's interesting how Hollywood is beginning to open their mouths and speaking up against Will Smith. I cannot really remember any Academy member ever being sanctioned but it seems sides are being taken depending on how woke they are

Here is a perfect example......but I wouldn't expect otherwise from Whooopi

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
It's interesting how Hollywood is beginning to open their mouths and speaking up against Will Smith. I cannot really remember any Academy member ever being sanctioned but it seems sides are being taken depending on how woke they are

Here is a perfect example......but I wouldn't expect otherwise from Whooopi

Lets see honestly things are at a tipping I hope.
i mean the ideals being used help almost no one
I get his anger in defense of his wife. I really do but not the place for what he did. Much less they have an open marriage and who were they with there.
i read today c rock possible had an affair with her so if true
I’m sure he felt it was a disrespect for her.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan

Steve Williams

Well here is the latest flash. My guess is he resigned from the Academy because they were going to give him the boot . No more Oscars for you Will

Will woke up.....

“The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home,” Smith said. “I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work. I am heartbroken.”

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Why do these "confessions" sound so fake? Is it because these people are always acting, never not acting?
They're just empty hollow cyphers.
This apology sounds as concocted as his mock outrage at Rock's jibe.
As a British thespian said, back in the day, "why don't you just try acting, dear boy"
Will obviously believes in this ethos.

Reactions: howiebrou

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
As a British thespian said, back in the day, "why don't you just try acting, dear boy”.
Olivier to Hoffman during filming of “Marathon Man”, recounted by screenwriter William Goldman in Adventures in the Screen Trade, one of the classic books of Hollywood lore.

While Smith has resigned from the film academy, he apparently is keeping his Oscar. No reporting of him returning it.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Why are you guys so obsessed with Smith? He is just a friggin’ actor who has no effect on anything. He doesn’t run a country or state.

I have no idea if his statement is heartfelt but he did issue it and he did resign. Not much else he can do other than behave well going forward.

What he did was 100% wrong but the guy is tortured and emasculated by his wife who wants an open relationship and has slept with others including their son’s friend. That would drive 99% of the men out there crazy. Maybe he should just leave her but even that has its implications.

Reactions: Gjo

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Why are you guys so obsessed with Smith? He is just a friggin’ actor who has no effect on anything. He doesn’t run a country or state.

I have no idea if his statement is heartfelt but he did issue it and he did resign. Not much else he can do other than behave well going forward.

What he did was 100% wrong but the guy is tortured and emasculated by his wife who wants an open relationship and has slept with others including their son’s friend. That would drive 99% of the men out there crazy. Maybe he should just leave her but even that has its implications.
Gee your so heart felt for will still. I don’t feel sorry for him or any elites life can suck grow up. he loves her no matter what he is soo screwed. She needs to be left on a mountain top to find her way down.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Gee your so heart felt for will still. I don’t feel sorry for him or any elites life can suck grow up. he loves her no matter what he is soo screwed. She needs to be left on a mountain top to find her way down.

Oh, I forgot that if you are famous you can’t have real problems too.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing