2022 Mercedes EQS EV S-Class

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Looks like a great looking car. Very interestingly, prices start considerably lower than their ICE S Class in the US with the current $7500 US tax credit (around $96K vs $112K). Hopefully will shift a lot of people who would buy the ICE S class into the BEV EQS. Even their top end variant EQS has a price of $126K minus $7.5K which puts it only $7K above the lowest priced ICE S Class. The EQS has a big battery (107kWh) and a very respectable range 485 WLTP which should be around 360 EPA. Hopefully will move a lot of high end purchasers away from a new ICE car. Note the tax credit in the US applies until the manufacturer sells 200K electric cars in the US. However, the new proposed law would not apply to high end cars like the BEV S class. So if you are interested, it would be a big advantage to buy one with the tax credit. Both Tesla and GM went over the 200K sales limit years ago and they have no US tax credit. Depending on the state there are additional incentives. Larry

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
The EQS is certainly not the most expensive electric sedan. The new Lucid Air Dream is $170K. Looks quite posh from what I've seen on youtube. Then there is the Rimac, at $2.4M. A sports car, but only 150 to be produced. Even beats out the Tesla Model S Plaid at 1.9 sec for 0-60, vs. 1.99 sec for the Plaid. The Plaid is a 5 passenger sedan, however at about 1/18th the price.

If some of the MB EQS styling can seep down to their cheaper cars and SUV's that would be great.

Larry

Reactions: christoph

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Looks cramped. I wish they would ditch that massive transmission tunnel and give more space to the driver.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Here's the new Mercedes EQE, I like the looks of this car better than the EQS !

I agree. The blob shape fits the E class better than the S class. Even the Maybach EQS looks better than the standard Merc EQS. It needs to show a but more gravitas than the current EQS shape demonstrates imo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing