$80K budget for Speakers

Reactions: AudioGod
Wow! Gorgeous, nicely priced - at least at the link provided - and one review I found simply raved about them. (And that was a reviewer who, like me, is biased towards electrostatics.)

What's the catch? It seems too good to be true.

Yes, this is a speaker that with the proper electronics will please people liking Quad ESL type electrostatics. Voices had an extremely appealing and natural quality.

I have been following this add for long. If they were in my country they would be playing now in my system - although I prefer the Aida II. :cool:
Did you have Aida 1 or 2 Francisco ? It's going to be awhile til 2's show up at this price. :)

Room size is about 5X5 meters

You may want to try setting up your future speakers on the 45 diagonal given that you have a square room.

Did you have Aida 1 or 2 Francisco ? It's going to be awhile til 2's show up at this price. :)

The Aida 1's. But can listen at any time to the Aida 2's in a good system. The 2's have more definition in the bass and more air in the treble. People should consider that when we switch the rear ambiance module on the impedance curve becomes thought - surely it is not a good SET candidate!

The Aida 1's. But can listen at any time to the Aida 2's in a good system. The 2's have more definition in the bass and more air in the treble. People should consider that when we switch the rear ambiance module on the impedance curve becomes thought - surely it is not a good SET candidate!
Who needs SET anyway ! ;)

Actually I'm new to the hi end world , I had some crappy systems and speakers in the past but nothing special
So nothing right now actually .

so why do you want to spend more on crappy speakers now. You might just end up spending more with no sonic improvement

Actually I'm new to the hi end world , I had some crappy systems and speakers in the past but nothing special
So nothing right now actually .
Run, run fast before you get bitten by the Audio bug !:eek:

All types of music
Mostly digital
What would be your choice ?(It doesn't need to be the 3 mentioned speakers )

Well, I can assure you that your first choice - the Alexia V - is an excellent speaker and a great start for a system. Wilson's sound balance brings us the best of good digital.

It doesn’t make sense to spend like that until you learn what you like. Attend some shows. Get overwhelmed. Wait until you figure out what you like.

Waaaay too many options. Even drastically different categories

Some of the larger speakers under discussion may or may not work in your room. Both from the perspective of over driving the room and placement ( which may be very far into the living space ).

Do you have corners that could host speakers designed for such placement?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing