$80K budget for Speakers

Some of the larger speakers under discussion may or may not work in your room. Both from the perspective of over driving the room and placement ( which may be very far into the living space ).

Do you have corners that could host speakers designed for such placement?
I'm not sure about the size either
I could go with a large bookshelf speaker and add a sub later for example , they don't need to be huge necessarily If it's not good for the room

All speaker mentioned are exceptional. There are as many opinions on speakers as there are..........

Solypsa makes a good point. For the membership to really assist you in narrowing your search. In addition to your room size and general characteristics we should know a bit about your background in high end audio. For example:

- Have you owned other top level audio systems before?
- If yes, what did you like about them and what would you have wanted for more of?
- What is your total budget including source, cables and amplification?
- Do you currently own any equipment and what is it your desire to keep it to use some or all of it with your new speakers?

Answers to these questions will then allow the members to share their considered experience with you.

And remember, speakers are only part of the system, your amplifier, sources, cables also needs to be in the same price range.

Reactions: AudioGod
There you go , a wrong start already :)
hahaaaaaa. What does that say about all the threads pertaining to the value of a real reviewer over some internet/youtube personality.

AlsyVox Botticelli
For his price range, the Tintoretto would be a nice choice, and possible to have a nice upgrade adding the external crossover in the future. Considering his ”narrowed” list, auditioning the Alsyvox would at least be highly recommended. many dealers in northern Europe carry Alsyvox, just check the Alsyvox website.

It's too late
I'm already obsessing ;)
It appears that you are just beginning this crazy hobby. At this price point, you really need to visit some members and dealers and find out what sound really gets you excited. A million great suggestions here, but you need to know what is right for you.

Also, as others have mentioned, speakers are just a part of the system. You need to pair with something in the same league and set up properly in the room with treatments, etc. There's sooo much to this hobby that money can't buy. You'll need the setup and matching in order to come out of this project truly happy with what you've created.

If you are really new to this, I urge you to think about all of this before pulling the trigger on something that seems cool.

Trying to recall the horn speakers Ron liked, really tall. They're new but I haven't heard them.

I loved the Tune Audio Avatons, with Trafomatic Elysium amplifiers.

Reactions: Folsom and AudioGod
Legacy Audio Valor

Some of the larger speakers under discussion may or may not work in your room. Both from the perspective of over driving the room and placement ( which may be very far into the living space ).

Do you have corners that could host speakers designed for such placement?

That still won’t solve the acoustic issues. Setting up on the 45 degree angle is likely best.

hahaaaaaa. What does that say about all the threads pertaining to the value of a real reviewer over some internet/youtube personality.

What is a Real reviewer and which is a Fake lol, you tell me ??

As with everything in life " Follow the money".

PS Like people have said already , the topic starter should hear more options /be better informed.

I loved the Tune Audio Avatons, with Trafomatic Elysium amplifiers.
That's half a million :eek:
A little more than the 80k price tag the OP intended ;)

That still won’t solve the acoustic issues. Setting up on the 45 degree angle is likely best.
Dipoles can be a good solution for very demanding rooms because they don't radiate towards the floor and ceiling at all and quite little to the sides, so they don't agitate the room as much as regular speakers.

I will not tell you or advise you what to buy or not,
and where you might throw your money mainly on marketing,

I suggest before going... to listen to CLASSIC by Kaiser Acoustics,
your budget will allow, I believe CLASSIC c1 with fancy veneers.

And if you're in my area, you're welcome for a cup of coffee.
And an experience you won't forget.

• Love
Reactions: Bobvin and AudioGod
In this price range my shortlist would include Alexia V, Stenheim Alumine 5, Clarisys Studio Plus, Goebel Marquis, new Sonus Faber Stads or used Aida and finally the new B&W 801 D4 Signature model. I would suggest taking your time and listening to various models. Happy shopping.

Reactions: Bbock and AudioGod
Room size is about 5X5 meters
does your room opened to another space?, if not then I’m afraid 25 square meters might be small to the speakers you suggested.

easiest to install should be the Magico, wave guided twitter, seal box means it has les interaction with side and front wall.

Regarding focal, I’m with Ron, never heard one that wasn’t bright to my tast.

with Wilson I’m more found of the smaller ones, heard all size of Wilson‘s, the better presentations I heard where always the one with less drivers.

saying that, don’t limit yourself to those 3 choices, go hear many setups and speaker’s before you decide. Don’t limits yourself to dynamic speakers alone, go hear other forms of loudspeakers as well.

Last edited:
For me another critical, and often overlooked, factor is listening volume. Some speakers sound engaging and alive even at low to moderate volumes so may well work in a relatively small room.

Reactions: Bobvin and AudioGod
Please, have a look at Sigma Acoustics Orchestra 2.9 model. It is another brand in addition to Stenheim that manufactures relatively high efficiency boxes with easy load for amps. This model has air motion transformer neodymium tweeter and paper based MF driver with alnico magnet. The drivers can be adjusted for time alinment.
If I was on the market to replace my Sashas, I would probably look at these 2 brands first. Both are Bonzo approved, which is another big thing :).
http://extremeaudio.it/en/?portfolio=orchestra-2
IMG_0226.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing