A king is visiting Hong Kong : the Sablon Audio King Sablon powercord

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Yes sadly I found this combo did not work--it took the BIG Krells to make the Slamms sing!

Apologies to Sablon for the digression--back on topic--thank you;)

BruceD

Slamm2.jpg

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Peter, thanks ever so much for taking the time to evaluate my ‘baby’ with your friends and for sharing your findings with the WBF community.

It’s reassuring that you are hearing similar qualities to me from the Bocchino plugs. They do confer a much denser and more authoritative presentation than NCF, together with a low noise floor for all those micro ambient details. They are also more musically infectious, I do however use copper wire, albeit a highly refined type which I have found to give greater transparency than silver without the loss of dynamics or tone of the ‘devil’s metal’.

You are also quite right about the insane size of the Bocchino usa plug, which your ‘wall shot’ illustrates quite clearly. This plug is considerably bigger than the already large iec and does impose logistic challenges for many users. Many of my sales have actually been for the hybrid cord, using the NCF mains plug in combination with the Bocchino iec. Since I have always felt the iec to be more sonically influential, this also represents a more wallet friendly ‘sweet spot’ in the range.

Thanks once again Peter and I will be in touch to collect the cord for its next auditions.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
You are also quite right about the insane size of the Bocchino usa plug, which your ‘wall shot’ illustrates quite clearly. This plug is considerably bigger than the already large iec and does impose logistic challenges for many users. Many of my sales have actually been for the hybrid cord, using the NCF mains plug in combination with the Bocchino iec. Since I have always felt the iec to be more sonically influential, this also represents a more wallet friendly ‘sweet spot’ in the range.

Thanks once again Peter and I will be in touch to collect the cord for its next auditions.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for sharing with us that the IEC connector is more important than the male power connector.
I think your "hybrid King Sablon" makes sense and is more "applicable" to diff home environment.

BTW I have tested many male power connectors and found that the new Oyaide Armored Series AP004 is very good.
It has a bit less resolution than the Furutech NCF but gives a warmer sound. Some audiophiles like it more than the NCF.

I understand that there must be many audiophiles waiting to audition the King Sablon. I will send it back to you asap.
It is one of the very few audio accessories I feel sad when sending it back after review.
Thanks Mark again for letting me to enjoy it for the past several weeks!

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
As noted in my power cords thread, earlier this year I transitioned the specification of the King Sablon away from all silver plugset over to a mix of silver at one end and platinum plated at the other. This is a spectacular combination, really tightening focus and enhancing transparency whilst maintaining the density and musicality of the silver one. All original customers have received updates free of charge.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
As noted in my power cords thread, earlier this year I transitioned the specification of the King Sablon away from all silver plugset over to a mix of silver at one end and platinum plated at the other. This is a spectacular combination, really tightening focus and enhancing transparency whilst maintaining the density and musicality of the silver one. All original customers have received updates free of charge.
That's great aftersale service!

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing