A new signature ...

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
@Bobvin after hearing Alsyvox in Long Beach, I'd love to hear them again up North when you're ready. Alsyvox and Bayz in the same room, in fact, will be quite a treat.
And you’ll be welcome Brian… hopefully by late August / early September I will have all the new kit and given them some time to run-in. Burning in 3 pairs of speakers though — a task I’ve never contemplated before, but will help put some hours on the Pilium stack.

Reactions: bazelio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob, how did you decide on these specific gear choices (speakers and amps) from all the rest of the stuff Rhapsody represents/sells? And did you consider any of his turntables?
Peter,

I will let Bob West answer as well, but the RLR program is designed to offer visitors across the US to specifically see and hear, Pilium, Alsyvox, Diesis, Bayz and Kondo. There is an exception with the DFW location as we will have M9/Pilium systems in both the DFW and Brooklyn locations.

The mentioned product lines are (other than Alsyvox at Cake Audio in CA) lines that Rhapsody has exclusive US distribution.

The RLR program and the RLRs will eventually will all have Pilium, Alsyvox, Diesis and Bayz. A few of the RLRs will also have Kondo. Magico only at DFW and Brooklyn.

Each RLR did not decide to carry products from all of the lines that Rhapsody represents in the NY area, they signed up to have Pilium, Alsyvox, Diesis and Bayz. Kondo and Magico are on a location by location basis.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: PeterA

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Peter, what Bob.east said. (We share the same initials. I live in Portland, he's moving to 1 Portland Ave in Brooklyn. He said we arranged it to confuse people and draw attention to ourselves. I think it was just serendipity... so he's Bob.east, I'm Bob.west)

I had heard the Diesis a couple years back. I was getting the itch for new speakers and Bob.east's offerings, particularly Diesis, were on my short list along with others like Alexx V, Magico M6, AvantGarde, Evolution Acoustics, Devore Fidelity and others. Or wait for the next Alexia from Wilson, likely due next year. (Alexia V?)

This is when I noticed Bob.east was having a pretty good pandemic and branching out. Next thing my wife is telling me I should become an RLR. She's been wanting me to sell my water purification business for the last 5 years and she thought this might just be what I need to put that chapter behind me. Next thing you know I'm writing really big checks to Rhapsody!

I like Bob.east. Great guy, humble, honest, knowledgeable. And he brings in the brands you can't otherwise hear in the USA. My interactions with him prior have always been great so I am putting some trust in his ears. And now I've corresponded with the principles of the companies being represented, I am confident this will be a successful venture.

I already love to have folks over to listen to music. A bit of wine and cheese, and then MUSIC! This seemed like a natural extension of that. Listening can be a solo affair, but my greatest joy comes with sharing.

IMG_2193.JPG

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Burning in 3 pairs of speakers though — a task I’ve never contemplated before, but will help put some hours on the Pilium stack.

8 hours of recovery, 8 hours of riding, and finish off with 8 hours at the office exploring your promotion in the business of water purification while starting the next speaker pair on a 24 hour cycle. I'm not entirely sure two months will be enough and you won't delay opening further. At least until fenders are required. ;)

Reactions: Bobvin

caesar

May 30, 2010
Is this the only non controversial question you have posted on this forum?

Hahaha hahaha hahaha… yeah audiophiles who don’t understand the psychological fundamentals of subjectivity and experiential nature of this hobby, or the behavioral economics/ social influences that drive the success in this hobby always find things controversial…

guys would rather viciously argue about some audio term they have no idea about instead of experiencing it…

I wish we had more rational guys in this hobby such as yourself, Ron, Peter, and Keith, who actually go to hear the gear before making up their minds about it…

and we also have despicable Neal Grobbers / “audio journalists” who obfuscate , don’t compare - meaning they purposely hide information that could be useful to decision makers to purchase gear, and mislead honest hard working people to waste their precious time and money, while they get very expensive gear for long term loans and huge discounts , all make the audiophile culture nauseatingly disgusting.

But at least in this hobby we don’t have pedophiles , pedarasts , rapists, and other predators in this hobby, as other luxury and entertainment industries do…. :) :) :)

Hahaha

But when one finds something as incredible as the Alsyvox, swimming through the audiophile cess pool is worth it.

But I don’t want to hijack this thread . Here we have upstanding individuals and hard working entrepreneurs looking to improve the lives of others with truly excellent gear. Best of luck to those involved in this endeavor.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Reactions: Andrew S.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
There is a dealer in my country,but if I go for a listen I could be coming home with a pair.
That might very well be the case ;)
You should only listen to them if you are willing and able to acquire them afterwards :p

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Lampie519

Mar 14, 2021
Hoofddorp, Holland
I have my speakers in different rooms
It still acoustic treatment.... how many times you had better bass response in the kitchen or bathroom then in your listening room?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing