Aesthetix Io Users Group

You can always buy two. Of the hope that at least one remains healthy. until the other is repaired. with the money you spent on repairs we got a beautiful Allnic. More geniuses like this and you also get the Solution
When i turn the Io into the most expensive flower pot trio ever made, i am going all SS, no more tubes for me. I will try a few tricks first, mod the shit out of that tube burner :eek: At least i don't get angry anymore when it breaks, its just business as usual, it's the nature of the beast ! :rolleyes:

You can always buy two. Of the hope that at least one remains healthy. until the other is repaired. with the money you spent on repairs we got a beautiful Allnic. another two years of repairs and you can buy a Solution phono
Did you get rid of your Io ?

When i turn the Io into the most expensive flower pot trio ever made, i am going all SS, no more tubes for me. I will try a few tricks first, mod the shit out of that tube burner :eek: At least i don't get angry anymore when it breaks, its just business as usual, it's the nature of the beast ! :rolleyes:
I have saved a lot of money since I decided two years ago not to repair it anymore. I keep it in the dressing room with the clearly visible word "endless hole".

Reactions: Massimo66
I have saved a lot of money since I decided two years ago not to repair it anymore. I keep it in the dressing room with the clearly visible word "endless hole".
I would feel guilty selling mine to anyone, it would have to come with the declaimer " careful, it is a unreliable piece of sh.t". I just bought a bunch of new tubes too, thank god i did not follow my first instinct to buy all NOS telefunken and Siemens tubes. :confused:

:p Apologies Massimo , are you referring to the Io or Lagonda here?
I am deep, but not endless ! My Lagonda has some of the same character trades as the Io, unreliable, somewhat noisy and penchant for running hot !

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
I am deep, but not endless ! My Lagonda has some of the same character trades as the Io, unreliable, somewhat noisy and penchant for running hot !
Since I've kept it in the closet, my wife has been complaining about losing her best cooking plate and now she's sulking at me because she'll no longer be able to receive her 3 star rating.AB9640FA-4FD8-4A0E-9285-2353FCFC1466.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I've kept it in the closet, my wife has been complaining about losing her best cooking plate and now she's sulking at me because she'll no longer be able to receive her 3 star rating.View attachment 133417
I am missing my Io already, we are having a few cold days, it is a great space heater. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Johan K
I am missing my Io already, we a having a few cold days, it is a great space heater. :rolleyes:
You’re having tube withdrawals Milan… it’s like having an audio vasectomy.

No stop- loss order Leif, it's gone to local repair again, i will let him do the mods he suggested to increase reliability, stock is just no good.

I simply hate unreliable crap like that
especially at that price point
end up sitting on needles waiting for next "burnout"
ridiculous that JW haven´t solved it once and for all years ago IMO
Agreed, they probably know what the issues are but don't want to admit, recall and repair.

I was one of Jim White's earliest customers on the East Coast. I have had an Io since circa mid-1990s. I never had any problem with that Io, which I had for about 26 years.

I have had no problem with my new Io Eclipse.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing