America Shuts Down!

A cut in the war machine would be nice.......

That kind of goes against the natural current of the elements. ...America loves spending. ...Perhaps too recklessly.

America's favorite pastime is buying stuff on credit. This applies both to its Government, and a very large fraction of its citizenry. I get about 3 offers for a new credit card in the mail every week.

Well europe isnt far behind, in europe they now have eu citizens bailing out whole countries:confused:.
Money which goes straight away to big german and french banks as debt/interestspayments , but they couldnt tell the citizens that could they:D

Well europe isnt far behind, in europe they now have eu citizens bailing out whole countries:confused:.
Money which goes straight away to big german and french banks as debt/interestspayments , but they couldnt tell the citizens that could they:D

Money for nothing, chicks for free.

And some rich Canadians are good at tax evasions by depositing their money in Swiss bank accounts, and by making withdrawals directly via a middle person with cash in a suitcase. ...All illegally evidently.

And some rich Canadians are good at tax evasions by depositing their money in Swiss bank accounts, and by making withdrawals directly via a middle person with cash in a suitcase. ...All illegally evidently.

Trust me, this practice is not restricted to Canadians.

Maybe this entire ordeal (U.S. government's shutdown) is a ruse to raise more money for the next republican campaign?

And the president of the United States of America is not the true president at all after all?

Maybe this entire ordeal (U.S. government's shutdown) is a ruse to raise more money for the next republican campaign?

And the president of the United States of America is not the true president at all after all?

Not sure it is working. I suspect few donors except for the Koch brothers want to be associated with an outfit hell bend on self-destruction.

The United States of America can afford a safety net for its elderly and decent healthcare for its citizens.

What It can't afford are perpetual wars and nation-building, unwelcome world policing, corrupt despot propping, massive corporate welfare, corporate taxes that look high but are, after deductions and subsidies, among the lowest in the developed world, personal taxes that are among the lowest in the developed world, and the further enriching of the investment class, much of which makes money by moving money, at the expense of the middle class, which is the builder of products, provider of services and driver of economic growth, and makes money by....you know, actually doing stuff?

What America can't afford is to continue to believe that it can stay out of the mud through perpetual growth (unsustainable) while failing to make good decisions and set priorities that will return quality of life to millions of people instead of ROI measured one quarter at a time to a few.

The United States of America can afford a safety net for its elderly and decent healthcare for its citizens. But it has to decide that it wants to, and set its priorities accordingly.

And with a name like Bohner, you'd think the guy would have some balls.

OK, I'm done now.

Tim

Is there a lot of money into the corruption businesses in America?

Malpractices on large scales are abundant in all sectors of the professional and non-professional organizations (we heard about them in almost a constant daily routine; from medical care by corrupted doctors giving prescriptions to 'ghost' patients to fake children's care associations), which makes millions and millions of dollars and none goes to the children's care and the patient's (ghosts) prescriptions.

Should America clean their act, should congress clean their room? ...It's a total disorder in that house, no wonder they got now grounded for good!
And the rest of us? ...Who cares about the rest of us when most of them are simply robbing the system*? ...What a total mess we're in!

* It was created to be robbed in the first place anyway; created by the 257 U.S. lawmakers, that's by who.

The United States of America can afford a safety net for its elderly and decent healthcare for its citizens.

What It can't afford are perpetual wars and nation-building, unwelcome world policing, corrupt despot propping, massive corporate welfare, corporate taxes that look high but are, after deductions and subsidies, among the lowest in the developed world, personal taxes that are among the lowest in the developed world, and the further enriching of the investment class, much of which makes money by moving money, at the expense of the middle class, which is the builder of products, provider of services and driver of economic growth, and makes money by....you know, actually doing stuff?

What America can't afford is to continue to believe that it can stay out of the mud through perpetual growth (unsustainable) while failing to make good decisions and set priorities that will return quality of life to millions of people instead of ROI measured one quarter at a time to a few.

The United States of America can afford a safety net for its elderly and decent healthcare for its citizens. But it has to decide that it wants to, and set its priorities accordingly.

OK, I'm done now.

Tim

Tim, I largely agree with you. (Read that again, I largely agree with you. ;))

My one major quibble is that defense spending as a percentage of the economy has been declining for decades. Let's do the thought experiement and eliminate all defense spending (because after all we don't have enemies, just friends whose grievences we haven't addressed); it only resets the budget baseline without changing the not so long-term budget diaster which is driven by entitlements. We can afford a social safety net and I would submit that most American's want and believe we should have a safety net. What we can't afford is giving entitlements to everyone, i.e. everyone can't be a net importer of tax dollars.

Folks on the right will have to reconcile themselves that a majority of American's want and believe that we should have a safety net and if they want to cut government spending, they need to man up and tell us exactly what they would cut. Politicians on the left need to grow a collective pair and come clean that even the current entitlement state costs a great deal more than we are currently paying (i.e. they are not 'investments') and can't be paid for by the 1%; everyone's taxes will have to go up; possibly a lot.

I would quibble with your characterization of business taxes; business don't pay taxes, they collect them for the government from their customers. Politicians like it because it allows government to collect more taxes from individuals but hide the real source of the tax; but we can haggle about that on another thread ;).

OK, I'm done now.

Tim

LOL! I haven't laughed so much in ages. Priceless!

Just like the British Empire,they had to scale back their empire building. Continuing to transfer wealth to the military industrial financial complex in this country will break us.

You mean Bohnerhead, Tim....yep and the guy goes into a crying jag when he's drunk....what a beaut!

I received a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield last week that existing plans will no longer be offered due to ACA. The existing plans don't include all of the required coverage. Starting in January I'll have to pay an extra $220 a month for coverage I don't need (e.g. maternity, free doctor visits). I went to the doctor a few months ago for a checkup. After my provider discount, it cost $83 for the visit. I could go to the doctor almost 32 times a year on the increased cost. However, under the new plan I get 2 free doctor visits a year regardless of whether I need them.

OK, I'm done now.

Tim

I agree about the military aspect of the US budget completely. But neither political party has the balls to tell their constituents the truth that revenue has to go up through taxation to support these entitlement programs. They would rather do it through smoke and mirrors (borrowing and printing money) until the fiscal roof falls in.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing