American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
this is what I like about tape; I tend to play the whole album in one uninterrupted sequence from a 12 or even 12,5" reel like it´s intended to be heard... (...)

CD is even better - more than one hour uninterrupted. Having listening periods similar to what we get in life performances helps a lot to focus on the music and performance. But it is terrible in one sense - many times I sit for an intended short listening and I listen for more than one hour ...

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
All my reports are drafted on the day of the shootout and the journey (airport, plane, train). What takes time is resizing pics and uploading, because I hate that. So, the pics don't get uploaded for days, till I feel like doing them. I like writing, so I write.

The longer the journey, the faster the report, because writing, editing and restructuring gets done on the way, there is more dedicated time allotted automatically, instead of having to wait when the mood strikes.

My draft is all ready to be cut pasted on the way back now from Heathrow. But I am going straight to work. And weekend is to pay attention to my gf after time away. So it will just sit there till I do a spell check and upload with the pics

Thanks for your explanation, Ked. I do look forward to reading it.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Tang, thanks for sharing those photos. Very nice to see a photo of you.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
this is what I like about tape; I tend to play the whole album in one uninterrupted sequence from a 12 or even 12,5" reel like it´s intended to be heard...

apart from that, my experience from being sat down in front of an unfamiliar system, is that it hardly matter what is being played, it doesn´t take long to recognize a great system anyway, and I´m pretty sure this is one of very few...
best
Leif

Dear Leif,

Interesting seeing you in a vinyl thread. You are a hard core tape head. :D

My avatar is my best friend...up and down with me for the past 14 yrs. He is a hybrid between Beagle and Shih Tzu.

Tang

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway

Dear Leif,

Interesting seeing you in a vinyl thread. You are a hard core tape head. :D

My avatar is my best friend...up and down with me for the past 14 yrs. He is a hybrid between Beagle and Shih Tzu.

Tang

Unfortunately the electronics on my Airtangent Reference Arm went south and I´m not sure it can be fixed.
The schematics was on the manufacturers pc without backup stolen 15 years ago....
haven´t played vinyl apart from my mono EMT 938 since february
although I´m not in your league I cannot say I missed playing vinyl..... and increasingly so as the tape collection increases
doesnt sound like much but I´ve gotten about 180 titles on safety master or 1 gen copies in just 3 years
here´s my companion...taking the dog watch
Allvis tar hundevakta 18sept 2016.jpg

Attachments

• Leif og Allvis Otto Christensen.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'd rather have a dog steer my boat than Ked handle my tt

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,
i envy you because you already finish the stress with Bonzo.

My round will be 3/4 november when Bonzo will come to my home to listen Vyger,Torqueo Limited with Saec 506 and AF3Premium with Basis super arm 9 with Atlas SL,Opus1,GFS,Coralstone Diamond,Audiotekne and some SPU

Big job also for me

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

My round will be 3/4 november when Bonzo will come to my home to listen Vyger,Torqueo Limited with Saec 506 and AF3Premium with Basis super arm 9 with Atlas SL,Opus1,GFS,Coralstone Diamond,Audiotekne and some SPU

Big job also for me

Did you take him out for lunch or dinner when he was with you?
I saw him ate lunch at my office like a vacuum cleaner so I never took him out. It would cost me too much.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Italians first want you to like their food...then their hifi...

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear Tang,
my friend Marco and Carlo were shocked to see Ked eat big quantity of food in restaurant,and also me

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Dear Tang,
my friend Marco and Carlo were shocked to see Ked eat big quantity of food in restaurant,and also me

It is a very good job I don’t tow along on these jaunts. I find Ked to be a rather cautious eater.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Tang,

Big job also for me

Gian, I don't think we will finish in two days so will probably have to come back in December :)

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Dear Tang,

Maybe take Ked just to MacDonalds....

Though if he comes here my wife will happily give him piles of Vietnamese food....but is he a fussy eater ? Allergies ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Maybe take Ked just to MacDonalds....

Though if he comes here my wife will happily give him piles of Vietnamese food....but is he a fussy eater ? Allergies ?

None. Vietnamese sounds good

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
None. Vietnamese sounds good

Ah well your in luck then

And the system is sounding pretty ok at the moment, just tweaking each of the four turntables and cartridges

Should be sounding good...about 2025, allow me to save up for the food bill lol

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ah well your in luck then

And the system is sounding pretty ok at the moment, just tweaking each of the four turntables and cartridges

Should be sounding good...about 2025, allow me to save up for the food bill lol

Yes I wanted to do in Easter and there wasn't a direct flight then. There is now. Have to do you and Halcro at some point. But that's the longest journey so have to plan holidays that way

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Yes I wanted to do in Easter and there wasn't a direct flight then. There is now. Have to do you and Halcro at some point. But that's the longest journey so have to plan holidays that way

Yes direct flight, but you can always go via Asia such as Tango and then on to Oz, or take a holiday with gf after visit ?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yes direct flight, but you can always go via Asia such as Tango and then on to Oz, or take a holiday with gf after visit ?

I bribed him to write my system good words with Thai home made dishes. The Chef at my office is excellent. The last Fantastic! Fantastic! he screamed was coming from Chicken Green Curry. Ddk also liked my Pad Krapraw Moo (Stir fried ground pork with chili and basil leaf) very much. I have never seen anyone (not even a Thai) eat as burning hot as ddk without breaking any sweat before in my life.

Anyway. Go Direct flight please!

Tang

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I bribed him to write my system good words with Thai home made dishes. The Chef at my office is excellent. The last Fantastic! Fantastic! he screamed was coming from Chicken Green Curry. Ddk also liked my Pad Krapraw Moo (Stir fried ground pork with chili and basil leaf) very much. I have never seen anyone (not even a Thai) eat as burning hot as ddk without breaking any sweat before in my life.

Anyway. Go Direct flight please!

Tang

So we .cannot trust Keds opinion he’s addicted to your green curry.....no wonder he was so frenetic with his listening ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing