Anyone try Isoacoustics Gaia’s and Townshend Seismic Podiums?

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
***Note - Also a lot easier to slide the Symposium platforms on the carpet, for micro speaker position adjustments!
The trick to moving heavy speakers for micro-adjustment (particularly with "sticky" feet like Gaias) is to place a tea towel or similar under the speaker.

First tilt the speaker one way (onto 2 feet) and place the folded towel under the speaker, then tilt the other way so that 2 feet rest on the towel and unfold it so it's under all 4 feet. Dead easy on hard floors.

Last edited:

taww

Jun 12, 2020
New Jersey
taww.co
I've found the solution to this problem and it's dead cheap and easy!

Ditch those fiddly knurled rings and replace them with 2 or 3 curved stainless washers like these -

These will allow the Gaia to be tightened so that the label faces forward and there is no slack. Much easier than messing with those impossible-to-grip rings that are supplied.
Oh! What a great idea, I shall check this out!

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Oh! What a great idea, I shall check this out!
My approach with Gaias: Outriggers and threaded knobs on top make it much easier to tighten down than the stock locking nuts; 1/2" thick Corian boards with heavy duty sliders (felt or Teflon) between floor and Gaias make it easy to move speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

John T

Feb 15, 2022
I used Isoacoustic Gaias on my Joseph Audio Pearl 20/20's for 2 years. I think they make a very good product. I use several of their component isolation products throughout my system. BTW another way to finish the threaded top after it goes through the outrigger is with a SS Acorn nut, nice clean finish.
I have pine floors throughout the log home. About 2 months ago I decided to switch to spikes on the outriggers. I used butcher block platforms under each speaker. It gains 4" of height and I like this with the REL 6 pack array. Everything gels better. For me and the acoustics in my room the spikes presented more articulation and better dynamics. I'm not saying that this will translate in all systems/rooms, but it did for me. Just some food for thought...

Republicoftexas69

The trick to moving heavy speakers for micro-adjustment (particularly with "sticky" feet like Gaias) is to place a tea towel or similar under the speaker.

First tilt the speaker one way (onto 2 feet) and place the folded towel under the speaker, then tilt the other way so that 2 feet rest on the towel and unfold it so it's under all 4 feet. Dead easy on hard floors.
Try felt pads.

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Furniture Sliders...

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

Republicoftexas69

I've never heard of this brand before. Really interesting how several methods are incorporated into one footer.I'm a Zu owner also living in an old house with springy wooden floors. I chose Primacoustic recoil platforms under my speakers, which I'm very pleased with. I'd like to try the Revpods under my tubed equipment sometime.I've had sand platforms underneath for many years. View attachment 108752
Have these under my Subwoofers!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing