Astell&Kern Kann Cube semi brick

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Argentina
Hello!
My name is Diego, I am in Argentina.
I've wanted one of Astell daps for a while and I found someone who sold me a Kann Cube in excellent...aesthetic condition. Upon bringing it home and testing it out a bit, I quickly noticed that the device is almost in a brick state.
When you turn it on and enter the settings, it remains in a perpetual state of scanning media. It only recognizes files that are within the internal memory, none of the external memory. However, when entering "Folder", the system is detecting the external memory, but apparently the system is not able to load the information contained in the micro SD.
At the same time, I wanted to factory format it, but all the formatting options are broken, that is, they are visible but when you choose any of them, it does nothing, it does not execute them.
I want to save this device and I need your help please.
Thank you so much.

Goto their website. Download the operating manual. Try the "soft and hard" reset procedures. Check to see if there are any other recommended fixes.

Clean all contacts and replace the batteries.

Contact the manufacturer to see if they can help you troubleshoot the issue.

If you tried all the above with no success, contact the seller and get your money back.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Goto their website. Download the operating manual. Try the "soft and hard" reset procedures. Check to see if there are any other recommended fixes.

Clean all contacts and replace the batteries.

Contact the manufacturer to see if they can help you troubleshoot the issue.

If you tried all the above with no success, contact the seller and get your money back.

Good luck.
Clear contacts? Replace batteries? Do you know where you are?

You need help? Yes you do indeed in more ways than one.

What an arrogant, insulting, ungrateful response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Republicoftexas69
Another reason the ignore feature is so awesome here at WBF, oh I know it cuts both ways.;)

Sorry, i can´t answer to you right now, i´m clearing contacts on my dap.
So you purchased the Kann based on aesthetics without ensuring that the device worked? And it's cleaning, not clearing. And if you can't get it to work, you can always use it as a brick. A really nice and, dare I say, expensive brick.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing