Audio Science: Does it explain everything about how something sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Measurements do show that amp behaviour can change in the first 1-2 hours, if going by just THD then the changes are small but it shows a behaviour change is occurring electronically/thermal operation window.
The 'feel' of this sort of argument seems wrong to me. It reads like an observation of some natural process rather than a discussion regarding a man-made system. If the designer understands his design fully he will be able to tell you if, and exactly why, the amp's parameters change with time powered-on. There may then be an argument that says that its design could be improved with a better, temperature-independent current source or whatever. Why hasn't he used it? (Non-electronics people often don't realise that the difference in cost between a lazy, 'single transistor' solution and the bee's knees temperature-compensated 'three transistor solution' is about 10 cents). The designer may try to cover his ignorance with a "My philosophy is to simplify the signal path" argument.

If the designer cannot tell you if, and why, his amp changes with temperature, then he certainly isn't a very good designer. Why are you buying his amps?

The angle I wouldn't adopt is the baffled, mystified "Measurements show that amplifiers sometimes change with temperature..." that suggests that we are dealing with mysterious cosmic forces we don't understand.

The 'feel' of this sort of argument seems wrong to me. It reads like an observation of some natural process rather than a discussion regarding a man-made system. If the designer understands his design fully he will be able to tell you if, and exactly why, the amp's parameters change with time powered-on. There may then be an argument that says that its design could be improved with a better, temperature-independent current source or whatever. Why hasn't he used it? (Non-electronics people often don't realise that the difference in cost between a lazy, 'single transistor' solution and the bee's knees temperature-compensated 'three transistor solution' is about 10 cents). The designer may try to cover his ignorance with a "My philosophy is to simplify the signal path" argument.

If the designer cannot tell you if, and why, his amp changes with temperature, then he certainly isn't a very good designer. Why are you buying his amps?

The angle I wouldn't adopt is the baffled, mystified "Measurements show that amplifiers sometimes change with temperature..." that suggests that we are dealing with mysterious cosmic forces we don't understand.
As my wording was misconstrued and my whole post now suffering misdirection with that response Groucho, I changed it to "I bet".....
Feeling was used in context of gut instinct (and that is how I am also using "I bet") and from the data-analysis comparisons that were done on the files by various posters, because we have never seen any actual measurements showing notable-meaningful differences once it was all setup correctly (some data-measurement analysis did show the initial test setup was created wrongly but this was nothing to do with Amir, and was corrected for the last test) that Amir and a few had successfully passed.
If responding to my post Groucho then keep the context, I am asking specifically about meaningful measurements and applying to an area Amir passed a successful ABX test on hirez vs CD where everyone says there is no meaningful measurement differences...
The only other aspect I raised in the post was it is important in scientific terms to not just know about scientific abx/audibility tests but also measurements/correlation/modelling, as I pointed out this was omitted in an area Amir has been very vocal on and that was passing hirez test (to emphasise this did not mean hirez is better just that it is possible something changes and why it is best to keep native format).
Why is this important?
Well your post missed what I was actually getting at, Amir and a few others may had passed a test where the traditional measurements seem to be meaninglessly small.....
And you cannot scientifically reach a conclusion just on the ABX/listening results without the measurements and correlation-modelling.
This is why Amir's results are a bit controversial and not accepted by some, because the measurements suggest it is not possible Amir is hearing differences that relate to the music but Amir listening habit was causing IMD/"insert excuse"/etc instead as suggested by some who are associated with abx tests and another forum.
Personally I feel those were excuses for the passes put forward by those who are objectivists against higher bit depth/sampling rate at the end user (not studio), but they are as I say basing this on that there were no meaningful measurements (when they analyse hirez and cd) backing up why Amir and a few others could pass those tests.
And yes I argued against some of those excuses using measurements/correlation/modelling-behaviour-trend for aspects such as IMD that was raised (complex and lengthy discussion so need to read the thread for all aspects raised by those arguing against the pass results and responses to them from many of us).
Cheers
Orb

Last edited:
You have to expand on this AJ and not sure what you mean by uncontrolled and what is acceptable control for you?
Pay attention David!:D I've mentioned it in several responses to jkeny, Bud and Peter to name a few. It's not what's acceptable to me. For a test to have scientific validity, one must be aware of and control for variables.
You can't have 20 other variables and the observer(!) "warming up" simultaneously, then suddenly deduce, it's the amp that changed. I explained that to both Bud and Peter.
Jkeny, well...as I have repeatedly explained, long term viewing involves about 50 variables John conveniently completely (and willfully, as I've made him aware long ago) ignores. It's not a "test" at all (much less for sound), unlike a blind/controlled audio test, one example being ABX.

I never said that every single test is a sham, I'm sure there are plenty conducted for research purposes only. Specific to Toole/Olive tests the Dr. Toole's AES speech that Amir put up was an unadulterated marketing plug for Harman. Amir's behind the curtain shot of Olive and 3 revealed speakers was completely weighted in favor of their JBL 800 Array. What was the purpose of that blind test, convincing potential buyers or in house research? Let me clarify, I have respect for Dr. Toole and his work and I'm denigrating him here, just pointing out that no one is above some good old fashioned self promotion.

david
Well, let me state that I do have some issues with Harmans tests (raised many years ago), but that is for another thread. The fact is, most everything Toole/Olive about speaker polars etc. learned was prior to Harman, Harman simply being the application. There were other totally independent but similar studies (Archimedes/Eureka for example) that concurred. Plus a mountain of previous research. It should not be the least surprising that they picked some top selling brand market competitors that did not adhere to the smooth polars design philosophy, to highlight just that! I do agree it's poor form that those became identified. I don't recall if Toole did so per se, though Olive did at one time.
Obviously Amir would know first hand if he took the tests and then saw the speakers after to see what he was hearing.

cheers,

AJ

And you cannot scientifically reach a conclusion just on the ABX/listening results without the measurements and correlation-modelling.
Cheers
Orb
Ok, so we got the "warm up" measurements part (and the Wikipedia links, thank goodness:D), so now what are we missing here....?

Still trying to figure how this detour fits the "Can't measure, but can hear" narrative :confused:

cheers,

AJ

Ok, so we got the "warm up" measurements part (and the Wikipedia links, thank goodness:D), so now what are we missing here....?

Still trying to figure how this detour fits the "Can't measure, but can hear" narrative :confused:

cheers,

AJ

Actually I pointed out earlier you are wrong to be jumping to your conclusions because objectively your approach is flawed.
You have repeatedly said it is confounding effects/bias/etc and yet not provided any scientific studies for warm-up from cold start, when other mention it you then ask for scientific study to back up what they are saying.
The truth is neither argument can use scientific study/proof as it has never been done for this scenario.
However we can then look at good engineering, and here we have measurements showing amplifier behaviour changing, and backed up by well noted and highly experienced engineers (such as Nelson Pass), without scientific study we use the next best thing and that is good engineering (measurements-correlation-modelling).
So you are further away from reaching a tentative conclusion than those suggesting it does happen.
I actually posted more than this earlier (several times now it seems and now getting tired of it and the reiterative nature of some) including how it is interesting a key variable in the change is a perceived loudness shift and not just good/better so last time trying to help you see reason and a method in discussing that subject without being biased with your "righteous objectiveness".
Orb

Last edited:
You can't know this, but I'm not burdened with providing any proof for amp warm up sounds

I spent my career in marketing. A speech at an AES meeting is not marketing. An ad that mentions the test results and compares them to the performance of competing products? A mention on their consumer web site? In a brochure? A release to the audio press? A speaking tour to audiences of audio dealers? That's marketing, growing less effective and to a smaller target audience at every step. A presentation to peers at a professional association meeting? No. Not even close. And that's not semantics or a matter of an opinion. No marketing professional would call that marketing.

Tim

Tim,

If I recall correctly that speech was at an audio engineering college where there's a potential pool of future clients and not behind closed doors to a few peers. Later the video is posted on You Tube, an effective and well established marketing tool, copyright free for mass consumption. That video was effective enough for you to announce your desire to purchase the said speaker here in public followed by you posting images of the product for others to see. If nothing else yours is a recorded incident of successful marketing as a direct or indirect result of that video, that's not semantics or opinion. I don't read or follow Harman's marketing and I have no idea what's in all their materials but in this particular case Dr. Toole did compare a JBL speaker to other products and he went out of his way to knock and mock $20k speakers vs Harman's $2k speaker. He used price, science, charts and poll results from guided blind tests to so.

I wasn't a marketing professional but I spent a lifetime, designing, manufacturing, branding, marketing, selling niche luxury products to niche markets, so I know a little about marketing. As a small player ours was a case of do it right or die and if I ever gave a "knowledge sharing speech" on our production technologies, to an actual group of industry peers behind real closed doors, you can bet your ass that I'd end up with a contract or two for our company. While marketing professionals might not many business executives would call that successful niche marketing.

david

Yes we don't know much about the ear brain interface, but pray tell me, as one who constantly belittles sine wave testing, if I pass any frequency, any amplitude, and any single or multiple sine waves through a device, and I monitor amplitude, frequency and time on the output plus look at any distortions that arise, what is the missing test here then? Whats exactly not being picked up by such a test with sinewaves. Or if you prefer, you can do a null test, which is also an accepted test, albeit a bit harder to do? The device is characterized, the listener is not. Whats the elasticity in such a test? Do the test every minute, every second for ever, and you will reveal the way the device acts for audio signals passing through at that instant in time.

Sine wave analysis may suffice to elicit certain behaviors of simple devices, particularly if multiple sine waves are used. However, there are an infinite number possible combinations, so without some theory based on internal knowledge of the device under test it will be impossible to conclude that a sequence of sine wave (or multiple sine waves) tests has found or excluded all undesired behaviors.

With more complicated devices, which includes computer systems (and probably chaotic non-linear devices such as sigma-delta modulators) there are theorems of mathematics/computer science that show that black box testing can never prove a device operates correctly, although it can show evidence that a device is not operating correctly. (Testing, except in rare cases where exhaustive testing is possible, can never show the absence of bugs.)

You can't know this, but I'm not burdened with providing any proof for amp warm up sounds

Well, you cannot demand proof of the other position when you have no proof for your own.

I really do not understand this whole argument about amp warmup. Audio science has not taken a position on it either way, AFAIK. So, the case for it is an unproven hypothesis, as is the denial of it. Ergo, it is off topic. I also strikes me as such a trivial issue that audio science would not be the least bit interested in rigorous testing to confirm or deny it. There are much bigger fish to fry.

Either way, it is hardly a big deal. If people believe they hear it, they can warm up first (and pay a bit more on their electric bills). If they do not hear it, then they should not warm up. No one else is harmed or inconvenienced in any way.

Anecdotally, I used to be quite sure I heard it with my old Krell Class A monsters for about 30 minutes, although the system was listenable during that time. I do not hear it in my current system, which has no Class A amps. But, believe what you want about it in your own system. Why argue so childishly about something so insignificant?

For what claim?
The proof of audibility of amp warm up (distortion etc) is on you who claim so, not me. Logic 101

one more reason for everyone to hit IGNORE. Simply put the man is a troll and not worth anyone's time to afford him an answer. Easy to sit and say I don't have to prove it doesn't but it's OK for me to say it but the burden of proof is on you to prove. Now I understand why you are a "small" speaker manufacturer. You suck the very life and enjoyment out of this hobby. Your time in the play box is running out AJ. Fours days or more of this diatribe all for amplifier warm up. Can't you all see he is a troll

For what claim?
The proof of audibility of amp warm up (distortion etc) is on you who claim so, not me. Logic 101

Actually, the burden of proof is on you. There is plenty of data showing the operating parameters of electronic devices change over temperature variations, and stabilize after reaching design temperature. If you feel this is not audible in stereo circuits then prove it. Sorry. Science 101.

Yes, we know he is a troll, and not a very good one either.

Pay attention David!:D I've mentioned it in several responses to jkeny, Bud and Peter to name a few. It's not what's acceptable to me. For a test to have scientific validity, one must be aware of and control for variables.
You can't have 20 other variables and the observer(!) "warming up" simultaneously, then suddenly deduce, it's the amp that changed. I explained that to both Bud and Peter.
Jkeny, well...as I have repeatedly explained, long term viewing involves about 50 variables John conveniently completely (and willfully, as I've made him aware long ago) ignores. It's not a "test" at all (much less for sound), unlike a blind/controlled audio test, one example being ABX.

If you're using random and/or targeted people for listening tests and their objective responses it will never be more than a poll and by definition can't have scientific validity, but it will look good in a paper. I don't see a difference with sighted or blind tests when in the real world you can't eliminate variables. Further, ime this type of quick A/B testing of sound proves nothing but a knee jerk reaction of differing individuals to a series of variable stimuli. Even Dr. Toole admits that the most consisted poll results came from the instructed group. Like John I believe that only through extended time a listener can properly verify the validity of quick impressions and right the wrongs of ABX. I totally disagree with your assumption regarding long term experience and I'm certain that you have made changes to your products after extended listening experience, which can include amplifier warm up.

Well, let me state that I do have some issues with Harmans tests (raised many years ago), but that is for another thread. The fact is, most everything Toole/Olive about speaker polars etc. learned was prior to Harman, Harman simply being the application. There were other totally independent but similar studies (Archimedes/Eureka for example) that concurred. Plus a mountain of previous research. It should not be the least surprising that they picked some top selling brand market competitors that did not adhere to the smooth polars design philosophy, to highlight just that! I do agree it's poor form that those became identified. I don't recall if Toole did so per se, though Olive did at one time.
Obviously Amir would know first hand if he took the tests and then saw the speakers after to see what he was hearing.

cheers,

AJ

I don't know their ages but both Toole & Olive joined Harman in the early 90's, they must have picked up a thing or two in the couple of decades they were there.

david

I wrote this in another thread. I have highlighted a particular sentence and included its context. Amir commented thus about my phrase "...audio science can not yet explain.": "As to confrontation, unfortunately that is what we have even in your statement when you say "audio science can't yet explain." Audio science very much explains much of what you think it doesn't. You don't like that answer but you have to understand that such comments are inflammatory to the other camp and hugely so. You are telling them that they have to throw out a mountain of research, published and accepted audio science. As I said, on a number of other forums, any of the active threads on our forum would have been considered "anti-science" and riots in streets would follow. confrontational."

Does this highlighted sentence, in my original quote above, seem confrontational, controversial and "(hugely) inflammatory to the other camp"? Are the objectivists, or anyone for that matter, offended by this phrase? I'm curious and want to learn if and why this might be.

Perhaps I should have written, "I do not think measurements can explain everything we hear from an audio system. For instance, I have not seen measurements that will explain how a speaker system will perform in the areas of micro dynamics, resolution, sense of presence, or the listener's level of emotional involvement, in a given system and room." For these areas of performance, I have relied on my ears.

Does audio science really explain everything about how something sounds?

So I have now gone through the entire thread, and though I have ignored some posts for obvious reasons, it is quite clear what most of the worthy posters truly believe. I am posting a response to your original question very late, but it felt like you wanted to hear from your local group of audiophiles.

First, you've asked a couple of times whether people think you made an inflammatory comment above... I feel the original wording was over-affirmative [not inflammatory], as if you (or anyone else, for that matter) have gone through the entire audio research published to date. So not inflammatory the way so many other comments in this thread and others read, and personally, I gloss over such minutiae and truly understand what people really mean; FWIW, your corrected re-phrasing is technically more appropriate. But an "audio researcher", might have taken exception with the original wording; however, at the end of the day, researchers often insult each other, and since we have bigger problems to solve, who cares how you originally phrased things, As an example, a paper I wrote long ago was rejected by one of the two reviewers with rather insulting, direct ("how could this be") sort of language, and the other (real subject-matter) reviewer accepted it as is... go figure, as they say.

More to the main point: can audio science explain everything about how something sounds. Before I elaborate, my opinion is that I remain utterly unconvinced that it can explain everything, yet. For starters, science has not even been able to firmly explain why the Stradivarius violins have that distinctive sound yet, thus, no one's been able to accurately reproduce one. But I do think - given time - that everything will be scientifically explained some day (audio is not theology), and the only meaningful way to advance the art of audio reproduction is through science (which inherently includes experimentation). Therefore, from my perspective, audio science is still thin.

Let me pause and clarify that "audio science", for me, covers more than electrical engineering that's being mostly discussed in this thread, and includes the ear and auditory perception of the brain. The latter two are far from being fully understood (e.g. no cure for any form of tinnitus) yet, and as an example, I posted this research article http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...r-Cells-responding-to-frequencies-up-to-79kHz long ago to show that we still don't fully understand the ear yet (this should really be no news to anyone) and that there is so much more to high frequencies than we think. BTW, this very paper should be relevant to frequency response discussions in this and other threads, and I agree with those that postulate that all electronics need to be wide bandwidth (and why I continue to laugh at Redbook digital).

You may have seen me post many times how I select equipment, and it may be time to elaborate on that: designer-->design-->sound. Making such a claim can actually appear contrary to what I said earlier: if science cannot explain everything yet, then why not rely on sound first, and why rely on design more than the sound... Bear with me, 'cause it's a little complicated to explain, but consider the following brief statements:

1. If science is (to me) the only way to advance the art of audio reproduction, then first selecting the designer(s) who can master it hopefully explains why I value this attribute so much. Audio Engineering science is also extremely complicated, so mastering it is really difficult. Throw in understanding of the ear and auditory perception, and the "designer" attribute becomes extremely critical to me
  2. Then, selecting certain designers naturally translates to how they actually apply science and knowledge on the printed circuit boards
  3. How well they succeed is left to the "sound" their products make

But there is more for me to selecting a designer and design: there is the whole integration part in system configuration, and I have never seen solid science or conclusive claims that explain how _exactly_ Component A by Designer X will interact with Component B by Designer Y. In other words, I value a system approach to system design very much; a paramount example of this is how well MIT cables sound with Spectral, unlike any other. This is one of the reasons why I tossed the Harman "research" out the window when lowly Proceed amps were used to drive speakers (and no, power ratings at 8 and 4 ohms mean nothing in this regard - I am referring to how the Proceed issue was defended in other threads), among so many other perceived problems in their approach. Then there is the whole recording part of it, and a designer with experience (and success) in that area is also highly valuable to me. A picture of Keith Johnson was posted in this thread, and then we also saw so many posts from some "Loudspeaker designer" - just contrast the two, and you can probably guess what I think of it.

At this point, I'd like to touch on the following post by Amir: "We need to erase the notion of "live" from our vocabulary. Everything needs to start at what is already recorded. Not before". I couldn't disagree more; though he attempted to defend it, I can't fathom why we should remove "live" from our vocabulary. Part of the enjoyment we get is in how realistic our systems sound, and "realistic" usually refers to what we hear in our daily lives, and by extension, live music. I personally try to reproduce live music as best as possible, and the recording is part of it.

So finally, now comes the part of how I would like to see audio science evolve, and it builds on top of many things others pointed out: if we could find a way to accurately and scientifically predict and describe how a component renders timbre, soundstage, image height et al, and be able to also do so when Component A is then physically linked to Component B - thus be able to scientifically describe the product of the two - then I _may_ accept that audio science is highly advanced. I say "may" because I think there is the grand-daddy of them all - not discussed as far as I can see - and that is timing. I would very much love to see scientific claims that Component A gets timing right, or what its timing distortions are - in other words, I have seen no such thing as "timing distortion" measurements, nor timbral quality measurements, nor the others. Furthermore, such measurements would be able to tell me that Component A gets the A440 note correctly but perhaps be off with middle C and by how much and why. And to make it more fun, can science mathematically show me how a cartridge stylus and/or the cantilever affect timbre, timing, image height and soundstage? [and no, I cannot accept that material stiffness explains it all; why? because we cannot even scientifically prove the optimal stylus shape]

Having said all this, audio science and engineering has clearly helped improve the equipment available now, and we have been able to improve on timbre, imaging, soundstaging, etc, even that elusive timing... Personally, only when I ever listen to a system that sounds exactly like live unamplified symphonic music, and be able to couple that with scientific papers on how it was done, will I accept that audio science has been able to explain _everything_. Said otherwise, if science could explain it all today, we would only be limited by materials; and I don't see that... so unless we are able to accurately measure everything relevant to the subject, we can only continue working toward that goal; so far, our measurements appear to still be very limited, though they are improving.

-ack

Easy to sit and say I don't have to prove it doesn't
Of course Steve. I took logic, so proving a negative is never something I would attempt.

..but the burden of proof is on you to prove.
Correct. Again, Logic 101, as mandated in any Science curriculum. Isn't that the topic? Or is the topic now shifted, to me?

Now I understand why you are a "small" speaker manufacturer. You suck the very life and enjoyment out of this hobby.
I thought the "hobby" was enjoying music on stereos. What pray tell, does this sort of internet chit-chat have to do with that?

Your time in the play box is running out AJ. Fours days or more of this diatribe all for amplifier warm up. Can't you all see he is a troll
Applying logic and reasoning to electro-acoustic reproduction (or anything else) isn't trolling and I was and still am mainly interested in the Audio Science>Sound topic, the amp warm up sounds Peter introduced, strictly a detour...and as I stated, contrary to the thread title claim.

If you're using random and/or targeted people for listening tests
The trained people are screened for hearing acuity, etc.
Yes, I believe there were also random groups also brought in for testing. This for the Harman tests.
Not sure about all the NRC stuff, which is the foundation for all this.
Exactly how else should people be selected for listening tests?

and their objective responses it will never be more than a poll and by definition can't have scientific validity
This makes zero sense. Come again?

I don't see a difference with sighted or blind tests when in the real world you can't eliminate variables.
You clearly don't grasp the tests. They are for sound research. Not how the thing looks or what sort of emotional drama it might create for an audiophile. That would require different tests....or no test at all, like long term viewing.

I totally disagree with your assumption regarding long term experience
How do we disagree? I said if you want to know whether you'll prefer owning one audio widget over another, by all means view/listen/live with it for as long as needed.
If you want to know only how it sounds, or whether it sounds different from another, blind test it.

and I'm certain that you have made changes to your products after extended listening experience, which can include amplifier warm up.
I have not. Amps used in my products need no warm up.

I don't know their ages but both Toole & Olive joined Harman in the early 90's, they must have picked up a thing or two in the couple of decades they were there.

david
I'm sure they did, but the foundation was already laid at the NRC. Perhaps we could continue this in the Harman thread?

cheers,

AJ

There is plenty of data showing the operating parameters of electronic devices change over temperature variations, and stabilize after reaching design temperature.
Right. That's never been in question.

If you feel this is not audible in stereo circuits then prove it. Sorry. Science 101.
Can't prove a negative Bud. Know better than to try.:)

Actually, the burden of proof is on you.
Yes, we know he is a troll, and not a very good one either.
Nope, always on those claiming amp warm up sounds, etc, while ignoring 20 variables.
Ad hominem naturally flows from the frustration of having been oblivious to those variables, until pointed out. But they're still there Bud.

cheers,

AJ

You clearly don't grasp the tests. They are for sound research. Not how the thing looks or what sort of emotional drama it might create for an audiophile. That would require different tests....or no test at all, like long term viewing.

Why? Because I disagree with you? Do you believe that attacking or shouting at me would further your cause? You're generalizing and projecting your own failures and frustrations on others. Why are you here and working for the audiophile when you clearly have so much disdain for us?

How do we disagree? I said if you want to know whether you'll prefer owning one audio widget over another, by all means view/listen/live with it for as long as needed.
If you want to know only how it sounds, or whether it sounds different from another, blind test it.

AJ

You can say it as many times as you want, who cares? We have a very different opinion of this.

david

one more reason for everyone to hit IGNORE. Simply put the man is a troll and not worth anyone's time to afford him an answer. Easy to sit and say I don't have to prove it doesn't but it's OK for me to say it but the burden of proof is on you to prove. Now I understand why you are a "small" speaker manufacturer. You suck the very life and enjoyment out of this hobby. Your time in the play box is running out AJ. Fours days or more of this diatribe all for amplifier warm up. Can't you all see he is a troll

Yes, IGNORE. What's so difficult about that? Grow up, folks and get a life. Why waste your precious time on an argument that you can't "win"? For that reason, I also ignore any answers by otherwise reasonable WBF members to AJ, and I will not be alone at that. So if any of you want to waste your time on posts to AJ that nobody will read, go ahead. Life is too precious for that.

I had already given up on this thread, but then I saw the new extensive reply by Ack which I am about to read. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing