Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
From AXPONA 2022, the world-debut of Aurender’s MC20

Did you get to hear this new world clock or was it only a static display? If you were able to hear it what are your impressions?

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
Did you get to hear this new world clock or was it only a static display? If you were able to hear it what are your impressions?
It was “as is”; a static display, which was not connected to any components for audition. Aurender’s founder and chief engineer told me that production units are now making their rounds with select dealers for feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audire

Bliss Hifi

Nov 14, 2018
Minnetonka, MN
blisshifi.com
A few more shots from different angles from my visit. I believe we should be expecting this unit to be the market closer to June or July.

Attachments

• 61D05C92-1B5C-48C4-805D-526C6D8F403B.jpeg
    61D05C92-1B5C-48C4-805D-526C6D8F403B.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 408F24B8-7565-49DD-B3DB-089C5C204678.jpeg
    408F24B8-7565-49DD-B3DB-089C5C204678.jpeg
    542.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Audire

Bliss Hifi

Nov 14, 2018
Minnetonka, MN
blisshifi.com
Also, I just decided to have my username changed from jcharvet to reflect my new business venture, Bliss Hifi. I plan to continue contributing to this forum as an individual and just wanted to make those aware given I've engaged with a few of you personally... so I'm don't seem like a new person on this forum!

Reactions: ctydwn and Audire

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I have been using the Taiko Extreme and N30SA for quite some time now but on 2 different systems at 2 diffrent homes . I will be moving soon and I will no longer need 2 servers . They are both excellent and I could live with either one . One thing I like more about the N30 over the taiko is the N30 just works , what I mean is with Taiko Extreme it's always going between TAS and Roon it's a flip of a coin which will sound better . I'm going to most likely wait for XDMS to be released , but as of now I perfer the N30 for simple plug play it's been rock solid .

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
I have been using the Taiko Extreme and N30SA for quite some time now but on 2 different systems at 2 diffrent homes . I will be moving soon and I will no longer need 2 servers . They are both excellent and I could live with either one . One thing I like more about the N30 over the taiko is the N30 just works , what I mean is with Taiko Extreme it's always going between TAS and Roon it's a flip of a coin which will sound better . I'm going to most likely wait for XDMS to be released , but as of now I perfer the N30 for simple plug play it's been rock solid .
I think the Taiko is wonderful product with excellent support. I still like my N30.

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
A few more shots from different angles from my visit. I believe we should be expecting this unit to be the market closer to June or July.
Since you’re using N30 in your system, are you planning to add the Aurender clock? I have been asking Aurender to come up with their own external clock so it will be interesting to hear how this external clock raises the performance of already excellent W20SE, N20 and N30SA.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
Having lived with Roon for 11 months, i still prefer Conductor app by good margin. I think simplicity is often undervalued.
@zebo67 I couldn't agree more. I bought a Taiko Extreme almost two years ago, with the caveat that I would not need to use Roon.

At the time, I was using an Aurender ACS10, which I still use in a second system. IMO the Conductor app is very solid and offered all the functionality and SQ I needed. And updates can be made remotely. It still works and sounds great on the "small" system.

I don't want to start a Roon War with users of that software, but suffice to say not everyone wants to be able to order espresso from their music software.

At this point, I wouldn't sniff around at the N30, as I am far down another path, but the N30 reviews have been great, and had the timing been different, I imagine I would have been pleased to have gone down that path for hardware and software.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
“I don't want to start a Roon War with users of that software, but suffice to say not everyone wants to be able to order espresso from their music software.”

ja, ja, ja….. Totally agree.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I must say for people to "hate" Roon so much why do we keep hearing people talking about it. ;)

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...absolutely: no hate at all. Some of my best friends use Roon. It's just not my cup of fur.

Steve Vu

Oct 26, 2020
I'm not singling out anyone. Just something that I have notice.
They dislike Roon so much that they take it to make reference ;)

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
I’m a long time Aurender user and recently added Roon. Having lived with Roon for 11 months, i still prefer Conductor app by good margin. I think simplicity is often undervalued.
You have a full set from Merging Technologies and you are still using an Aurender? Don’t you use the Nadac+Player as a server?

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
I must say for people to "hate" Roon so much why do we keep hearing people talking about it. ;)

Because if the best user experience was matched with the best sound quality and the best customer service, we'd have something that's very special. Unfortunately, we get only one out of three in my humble opinion.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Because if the best user experience was matched with the best sound quality and the best customer service, we'd have something that's very special. Unfortunately, we get only one out of three in my humble opinion.
Totally disagree but that is my humble opinion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing