Axpona 2024 who is going and why?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
My notes have:

Great depth and holographic but slight boomy bass and lacking some airiness
I don’t know the control parameters but if they can control the bass they had it turned up too high
If im correct this makes some tracks loose balance
the vocals and certain genre is second to none
But it’s fine line often crossed
The big ones I can’t remember well.
While it’s a so called Omni it when all is right is a pinpoint extremely accurate sound.
scary great. Perhaps this also is two sided as when not best it’s big change.
it’s a system i would to hear all done well In real showroom or audio room.

jmpsmash

Dec 12, 2019
I don’t know the control parameters but if they can control the bass they had it turned up too high
If im correct this makes some tracks loose balance
the vocals and certain genre is second to none
But it’s fine line often crossed
The big ones I can’t remember well.
While it’s a so called Omni it when all is right is a pinpoint extremely accurate sound.
scary great. Perhaps this also is two sided as when not best it’s big change.
it’s a system i would to hear all done well In real showroom or audio room.

For the bass, it is both tuned a bit hot and also lacking some definition. This is of course all relative but having been to some rooms during the show with some very nice well defined bass the bar is pretty high.

As for omni I admit this is the first time I listen to true omni drivers and I didn't know what to expect. But it was as my notes says, holographic and great depth. It was a pleasant surprise.

COF

Sep 29, 2017
Like a 5 year old walking back his story after being caught with a hand full of cookies

Agreed.

That was a low point for Jay. Pure click bait and frankly irresponsible as it by implication besmirched all sorts of people in the industry, and led to some shows like Axpona having to address his nonsense. Jay never gave any evidence for his claim.

I never considered him a guru, his channel could be fun, but this really sunk my opinion of the dude.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing