Axpona 2024 who is going and why?

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
We will be in room 512 showing with Clayton Shaw's Caladan speakers. We will have our class D amps, fully balanced MP-1 preamp with analog handled by a Technics SL1200G.
Could you also bring one of your OTL amp?

I had chance to listen to your class D amp to drive Tekton Moab which sound decent.

But I had never listend to your OTL yet.

It would be intersting to compare between your Class D and OTL amps.

Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com

I had chance to listen to your class D amp to drive Tekton Moab which sound decent.

At one point or the other, I have heard about every OTL design ever made (even the vintage ones like Luxman MQ-36 and a very expensive one from Japan) and Ralph by far makes the best sounding OTL amps. Get to Minnesota and be sure to purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka ;-)

Reactions: thomask

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I wholeheartedly agree with everything Elliot G has said about the shows. Rarely do exhibitors ever "make a sale" at a show. The ROI is dubious at best. I do love sharing my products with people who haven't heard them yet, and the press coverage is always good, but if you dont have something "new" then the press isnt so interested in covering it. Really 1-2 shows a year is sort of a useful maximum. The costs are very high, along with the time away from the business to do a show. (dont forget to include the prep, packing, and unpacking when you return). He and I are not alone either in this thinking, there are a lot of rumblings of "show burnout" happening.
I agree with you. The show every 4-8 weeks that exists now is IMO unsustainable for smaller companies.
IMO the juice is just not worth the squeeze. Audio tourism maybe fun but its not a great investment.

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com

FWIW they sound very similar. So you get a really good idea listening to the class Ds.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
was on the fence; last night i decided to go, scrambled a bit for a flight and hotel room.

will arrive late Thursday, leave late Saturday afternoon for a 7pm flight out. so pretty short time. will have to be efficient with my time.

reasons for going is mostly i missed last year with a business trip, so i would like to hear some things, and see some people, catch up a little......feeling slightly out of touch. not listing any targets, don't want to get Kedar too worked up. :rolleyes: and very happy with where i'm at, but this part of the hobby is also important to me.

Last edited:

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
The San Francisco Audiophile Foundation (shortening to the Audiophile Foundation this year) will be holding a meetup and mixer Saturday night at Axpona from 6-8pm in the MoFi room 336. A short talk about plans for SFAF will happen, and some excellent Chicago style pizza will be served along with some fine Oregon wine to take the edge off your day! Personally, I'm looking forward to some real Chicago pizza! I may also bring some Japanese Whisky for shots and sipping :)

A number of industry folks will be in attendance, I hope I can meet a few more WBF frienz while I am there too!

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
The San Francisco Audiophile Foundation (shortening to the Audiophile Foundation this year) will be holding a meetup and mixer Saturday night at Axpona from 6-8pm in the MoFi room 336. A short talk about plans for SFAF will happen, and some excellent Chicago style pizza will be served along with a case of fine Oregon wine to take the edge off your day! Personally, I'm looking forward to some real Chicago pizza!

A number of industry folks will be in attendance, I hope I can meet a few more WBF frienz while I am there too!
Nice ones.

I had lived in Bay Area from 1982 to 1989.

During the time I enjoyed Thiel driven by Perraux pre and power amps.

Can I mix in as former resident of Bay area? ;)

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Nice ones.

I had lived in Bay Area from 1982 to 1989.

During the time I enjoyed Thiel driven by Perraux pre and power amps.

Can I mix in as former resident of Bay area? ;)
Absolutely, everyone is welcome and encouraged to visit. The Foundation is expanding beyond the Bay Area borders.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Early bird access to the PDF, officially goes public on April 1st:

AXPONA 2024 By Floor and Room/Booth

PS, if any information is missing, it's not for lack of diligence on my part, exhibitors/brands/manufacturers have to make timely updates via AXPONA's website CMS, Content Management System". I do what I can daily, and for whatever reason it has been almost a week without updates. That being said, this post could perhaps generate some more activity on their part. HINT. HINT.

And yes, when there are updates I will refresh the file on my server. The link shall remain the same, so bookmark it if you so choose.

1711810451215.png

Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com
Early bird access to the PDF, officially goes public on April 1st:

AXPONA 2024 By Floor and Room/Booth

PS, if any information is missing, it's not for lack of diligence on my part, exhibitors/brands/manufacturers have to make timely updates via AXPONA's website CMS, Content Management System". I do what I can daily, and for whatever reason it has been almost a week without updates. That being said, this post could perhaps generate some more activity on their part. HINT. HINT.

And yes, when there are updates I will refresh the file on my server. The link shall remain the same, so bookmark it if you so choose.

View attachment 127747

Haha! It probably will.

When did you pull your data? SME is in my room (1420) and I don't see it on your list. (it does come up on the AXPONA search)

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

This one will work.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Haha! It probably will.

When did you pull your data? SME is in my room (1420) and I don't see it on your list. (it does come up on the AXPONA search)
Ok, manually added. I'm curious when SME was added because I've been running my script daily and for the past few days there have been no changes.

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Some Housekeeping. if the folks at AXPONA keep this up, good on them, I won't have to do this work anymore aggregating the PDF file.
Visit this link: https://axpona.com/exhibitors/. and you will find their OFFICIAL Exhibitor Spreadsheet. And if you look closely you'll see that they too do not include SME in Room 1420, even though it can be found by drilling down manually through their website.

AXPONA OFFICIAL EXHIBGIOR SPREADSHEET

I'm glad that AXPONA is publishing this spreadsheet, and moving forward I have far less work to do.
YAY!!!

I am such a lazy SOB!!!

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
Hi,

Does anybody know if Kuzma will be showing or will be represented at AXPONA this year? If so, which rooms will they be in?
I haven't been able to find Kuzma anywhere on the spreadsheet yet.

I was really hoping to be able to spend some time listening to their tables and hopefully with their new tonearm.

Best wishes,
Don

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
Hi,

Does anybody know if Kuzma will be showing or will be represented at AXPONA this year? If so, which rooms will they be in?
I haven't been able to find Kuzma anywhere on the spreadsheet yet.

I was really hoping to be able to spend some time listening to their tables and hopefully with their new tonearm.

Best wishes,
Don
Kuzma is listed as being in the Elite AV Distribution exhibit, room 312. They're the US distributor for Kuzma among other brands.
Elite AV Distribution at AXPONA
(Found them by using the option to 'Filter by Brands' on the AXPONA Exhibitors page.)

Reactions: No Regrets

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I’ll be there I arrive Thursday morning
I look to enjoy the show.
stop buy but give us a little time to get it cooking LOL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing