Axpona 2024 who is going and why?

Analog Scott

Jun 21, 2017

I booked flight and hotel reservation for Axpona 2024 last night.

This is my first time to Axpona.

My prime target will be

1. Aris Cerat which I had not listend myself.

How good is Aurora and theire Dac and elextronice?

2. MBL

I like theiir 101E which sounds very musical but wish to listen to therir larger model.

3. Martin Logan

It had been a while since I listened to Martin Logan, thus want to have update on their electrostatic speakers.

4. Clarisis speakeer

I wnat to find out how good this planar speaker is.

5. Wof von Langa

I wish to get a filed coild speakers most likely original or replica of Western Electric.

But I als want to find out how good it is.

I had also got very good impression of Songer Audio field coil units.

It will be nice if Voxactive also display field coil unts.

.6 Bcach-SP

I have serious interest in this cross talke cancelling unit and Dac.

I wish to find out the effect myself.

There could be unexpected suprise as ohter audio show. ;)

I had lived in Chicago from 1998 to 2001 whete my son was born.

I had enjoyed nice audio shops over there.

I bought my Apogee Duetta Sig driven by Krell KSA 150.

It is one of the most musical audio system through my 45 years of Audiophile.
I have owned the BACCH for two years now. It was the single most significant upgrade in my 40 years of audio

Reactions: Nuprin and thomask

gds7368

VIP/Donor
Jan 9, 2015
Jerry Barker (Rhapsody Chicago) and myself (Rhapsody Brooklyn) will be in the Magico room with Pilium. Come in for a visit and say hello!
Exciting! Will definitely stop by if I make the show. Which Magicos?

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
There is a Giordanos and Lou Malnatis about 6 blocks from my house!!
I always enjoyed Gino's East Side deep dish pizza downtown right off of Michigan Ave.
They use cloves of garlic, the sausage is like a tractor tire or maybe using an audio analogy would be better... like a thick record laying on the pie, but being italian sausage instead of vinyl, lol.

Best wishes,
Don

Reactions: SCAudiophile

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA
I'll be going again this year. Got my 3 day pass and hotel reservations set up!

It's a great show, with a lot of great people showing fantastic gear!
Even if you're not in the market to buy any new gear, it's great visiting with like minded people and a great way to discover new music too.;)

I'll be focused on turntables/arms/cartridges.
I would really love to be able to hear J.Sikora Reference and their Standard Max in the same room :cool:
I would love to hear Vyger turntables at the show too!:cool:
Also looking forward to spending more time with the various Kuzma tables/arms as well :)

Wishing everyone safe travels and a wonderful time at the show :)
Don

Last edited:
Reactions: thomask

davidavdavid

Jun 30, 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
david.com
Letting folks know that I'm busier than ever monitoring the additions and changes to the AXPONA 2024 line-up, and I guarantee that by April 1st (NO JOKE) the first PDF will be available. I will provide a link to the two versions: 1: from the bottom floor to the top floor and the expo halls and 2: from the top floor to the bottom floor and the expo halls.

Attendees tend to attack the show from those two perspectives. Do your research, bring comfortable pairs (plural) of shoes and know that from the opening to closing, there are exactly 22 hours with which to ... :)

Republicoftexas69

nope doing the show in Dallas.

Reactions: gadawg58

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing