Ayre & Dynaudio

EDLIU

Jun 30, 2017
Are Ayre AX-7e and CX-7e neural or warm? What do they sound if paired with the Dynaudio Contour S 5.4 (that are coherent, relaxed, detailed, and dynamic)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Usually a decent match. More neutral than warm. I had the Ayre ax7e and Dynaudio Special 25’s. They were a nice pairing. The Ayre CD player is well thought of among CD players.

Are Ayre AX-7e and CX-7e neural or warm? What do they sound if paired with the Dynaudio Contour S 5.4 (that are coherent, relaxed, detailed, and dynamic)?

Thanks.
I owned the Ayre CX-7Emp CD player for about 5 years and found it very lively, detailed, and clear. Not warm at all, and I mean that in a good way. It was partnered with B&W800D2 speakers, so I can't comment on potential pairing with Dynaudio. I really enjoyed my time with it.

I owned the Ayre CX-7Emp CD player for about 5 years and found it very lively, detailed, and clear. Not warm at all, and I mean that in a good way. It was partnered with B&W800D2 speakers, so I can't comment on potential pairing with Dynaudio. I really enjoyed my time with it.
What do you mean "potential pairing with Dynaudio"?

By "potential pairing" I meant getting them together for a conjugal visit via some hot interconnects and sexy matching pre-amp/amp combo for an orgy of sound. What did you think I meant?

By "potential pairing" I meant getting them together for a conjugal visit via some hot interconnects and sexy matching pre-amp/amp combo for an orgy of sound. What did you think I meant?
Hell knows what you're trying to say...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing