Bar Brawl

But you ARE aware, that this one sentence of yours fits into at least 3, rather 4 suitable threads already existing on WBF, so your posting in THIS exact thread is utterly off topic :D :p ;)
I would say he is utterly ON target (if he belongs in 4 suitable threads) and therefore doesn't belong in a firmly off topic thread.o_O

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

I have a similar sounding system.. One that keeps my foot tapping and my butt in the listening seat. I believe that keeping my system minimalistic has helped achieve the sound I prefer. Is it natural sounding or is it just Hifi… I’ll let the listener be the judge.. I just know it draws me into the music every time And keeps me coming back for more..
Writing this, I’m trying to remember the Goal of what I was looking for when I was starting out many years ago.. I was more into the abilities of my system to play deep loud bass ! I listened to my system more than the music.. Making sure I had the ability to play loud and clear with lots of BASS.. lol.
Fast forward 12 different iterations later, throw age And retirement into the mix and I’ve matured past much of the glitter and shiny bits that used to attract me to magical components. I guess I have balanced sound now.. I can sit and listen to music for hours on end.. I don’t think unnatural sound would keep me glued to my seat..

Sorry, but is foot tapping and keeping the butt in a listening seat in any list of objectives for unnatural sound?

But that will make what you do unnatural, unless you are involved in this bar brawl down under

LOL!! what goes wrong when debating " natural" sound in Tasmania or Manchester :p

Although, no one could argue that " Neil" wasn't a natural left hander when shooting pool.

LOL!! what goes wrong when debating " natural" sound in Tasmania or Manchester :p

Although, no one could argue that " Neil" wasn't a natural left hander when shooting pool.

And the Jesus who was trying to moderate them going off topic made it worse. They opened a new thread outside

Zero fatigue on my Grado Hemps into an LTA preamp before the Fynes arrive. I forget, are headphones natural?

Wrong thread to ask. Please rephrase if they are unnatural

Zero fatigue on my Grado Hemps into an LTA preamp before the Fynes arrive. I forget, are headphones natural?
Some are and some are not. The AEG headphones I had were terrible, over blown highs and puffy bass.

They strike me as unnatural and uncivilized, i.e. not true stereophonic reproduction without the introduction of cross-feed which is almost never done well. So this begs the question: is non-stereo reproduction unnatural by default? And if so, then what happens when we play monaural content through natural sound systems, thereby causing two worlds to collide?

Reactions: KeithR
Reactions: bazelio and Bobvin
So now we also have to define cool and uncool

Since we are talking about us audiophiles defining "cool" and "uncool" should not be too difficult.

Reactions: bazelio
So.. I’m listening to my system and I can’t help notice the low noise floor, black background.. Music does emerge from a dark quiet background. Does this mean natural Sound is forever banned from my system ?
My silly single stage amp is too quiet ? Do I need tube rush and transformer hum to get these natural attributes? Perhaps some added 60 cycle hum might help, Is it unnatural or just unusually Quiet compared to some.. isn’t that why we do all these power upgrades and mods..

Reactions: sujay and Lampie519
So.. I’m listening to my system and I can’t help notice the low noise floor, black background.. Music does emerge from a dark quiet background. Does this mean natural Sound is forever banned from my system ?
Try the vacuum cleaner...it helps against any black backgound issues you might have...

• Haha
Reactions: sujay and Mikem53
I'm not sure Keith was ever "cool" Lol.
Are they still using your Zus for laser cutting metal sheets?

Uh, Oh, I think I see a billiard cue to the head in my future.

My silly single stage amp is too quiet ? Do I need tube rush and transformer hum to get these natural attributes? Perhaps some added 60 cycle hum might help, Is it unnatural or just unusually Quiet compared to some.. isn’t that why we do all these power upgrades and mods..

A quiet, calm background is not a black background. I have the former, not the latter, you seem to have both ;). Oh, I forgot, I have Unnatural Sound, so I actually must have the latter, not the former. Ok, now I'm officially confused :oops::p. Not about my Unnatural, Unbalanced Sound though. That is a firm stand-out virtue of my system, carried with pride.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing