Belden Iconoclast cables

WickyMelb

Jul 23, 2021
Hey decided to join this thread after lurking for a while. I am looking to upgrade my interconnects from the Chord Shawline series and am considering AudioEnvy, Iconoclast or the previous Silversmith Palladium series. Does anyone have any experience with comparing these 3 against each other? All 3 brands seem to be generating an enormous amount of buzz at the price points they sell at, along with their commitment to innovation.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welkome to WBF, WickyMelb!

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
All 3 brands seem to be generating an enormous amount of buzz at the price points they sell at, along with their commitment to innovation.
Unfortunately, only you can decide with your system, your room, your music and your biases. Audition with a money back gurantee is the best approach. Also, contact The Cable Company. They have an immense lending stock for audition.

Echos

Jul 14, 2019
Hi WickyMelb- i home auditioned the iconoclasts Sptpc and loved them…. Give it a listen.

WickyMelb

Jul 23, 2021
I would but living in Australasia makes auditioning Icononoclast impossible, I still have to pay for international freight and sales tax which is non-refundable.

QuadDiffuser

VIP/Donor
Apr 2, 2017
Hong Kong
I have a pair of the Iconoclast 4x4 UP-OCC XLR interconnects for those who are in Singapore who are interested in auditioning them - please PM me!

Jaytor

Dec 22, 2020
OR, USA
I'll add my vote as another impressed Iconoclast customer. While I've always thought that cables can make a positive impact on system SQ, I've rarely felt that the price of more-expensive cables was worth it relative to other equipment upgrades.

My current system requires fairly lengthy 7M balanced cables between my preamp and monoblock power amps. I tried several different cables - mostly DIY since it's hard to trial long cables - and wasn't complete satisfied. They all sounded a bit different, and I felt if I could combine the best characteristics of each, I'd be golden.

Iconoclast was one of the few companies that offered a home-trial even for custom lengths. That combined with their detailed explanations of design philosophy and construction specifics convinced me to give them a try. Also, these cables were pretty pricey, but not as bad as other premium cables for long lengths.

Well, they far exceeded my expectations. I don't think I've ever done a cable swap where the improvement was as immediate and significant. Sometimes a new component upgrade sounds great on first install, but after listening for a while you start to hear the flaws. Not the case here. I'm liking my system more and more then longer I've had these.

I still have one other analog interconnect in my system (DAC to Pre) that I plan to upgrade, and I want to give the Icononclast speaker cables a try as well. I never thought I'd be spending this kind of money on cables, but IMO, these are well worth it.

Everyone says that you have to match the cable to the system. I'm sure there is some truth to that, and it's possible that this is what is happening here, but I think it may just be that a really well designed and manufactured cable will improve almost any resolving system.

Reactions: RnRmf

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I am trying several signal and speaker cables, so I took a look at this thread. I looked at the review mentioned in post #51 and ended up skimming it. What I did not see in the Dagogo review nor in this thread is any exposition of "what I heard" or description of listening to any particular piece of music with this Belden cable. Did I miss that?

Jaytor

Dec 22, 2020
OR, USA
I am trying several signal and speaker cables, so I took a look at this thread. I looked at the review mentioned in post #51 and ended up skimming it. What I did not see in the Dagogo review nor in this thread is any exposition of "what I heard" or description of listening to any particular piece of music with this Belden cable. Did I miss that?
I'm not very good at explaining what I hear, but I'll give it a shot. These cables provided an overall improvement in clarity and pace, and specifically sharper transients and more natural decay. This made it easier to isolate individual instruments. On instruments like double-bass, guitar, piano, bells, etc. the notes faded smoothly to silence instead of abruptly ending. I hadn't really noticed this latter artifact until I heard the more natural decay, but it makes the music sound more natural and engaging.

I listen mostly to jazz, folk, and light rock, with an emphasis on vocals and acoustic instruments. I like detail and a somewhat more forward sound as long as it doesn't sacrifice sound-stage depth. These cables delivered for me.

As I mentioned, the cables I tried previously were more modestly priced and mostly DIY. These included Mogami Gold (DIY), Canare star quad (BJC), DH Labs Pro Studio (DIY), Parts Connexion "The Natural" (DIY), and Neotech NEI-3001 Mk III (DIY). Of these, the Mogami and DH Labs cables were my favorites, but no comparison to the Iconoclast.

Reactions: tima

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing