Blackness / Black Background

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Sorry, Peter. Your earlier post sounded as though you were still struggling with a lack of soundstage depth. I also just assumed you had digital along with your analog source. But my suggestion of a passive pre- would still apply regardless of format and it was just to observe the potential difference if you were to try it.

Thank you Stehno. I’m always willing to try things if they’re relatively convenient. I would like to try a passive preamp someday. I owned one years ago in the 90s. Perhaps a TVC? Like KeithR has.

At the moment I am satisfied with my soundstage and depth because they are so much better than they were just six months ago, however I’m sure there’s still room for improvement. We can always continue the quest. Right now I am focusing on other things regarding my analog front end.

I’m sorry you can’t remember more specifics about that experience seven or eight years ago when you had that tremendous soundstage experience. I’m really curious to know if the recordings sounded sufficiently different from each other and what a solo piano or cellist on a larger stage sounded like in that particular system. And also a jazz trio in a studio. That would tell us a lot more about that experience.

Anyway it’s all good.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Lowering the noise floor is very important. As I have indicated before, you don’t really appreciate what the noise is doing until it is gone. However, the room itself is critical. Take great equipment and put It in a crap room and you will get crappy sound. Put good but not SOTA equipment (whatever that is) into a great room, you will get damn good sound. I have seen too many guys try to put more and more expensive equipment into bad rooms with predictable results. Good equipment that I have heard in better environs and they don’t know why they are dissatisfied and changing equipment every six months. Sure, the dealers are happy but they would have been much better off analyzing the room, experimenting with speaker placement and putting that cash in their pocket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al M.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I have some trouble getting such depth from my system, which I would welcome for some large scale orchestral recordings that capture such information.

My system delivers good depth on all recordings. Depth in a digital system is related in a big way to the jitter levels in the source. It is also related to the placement and toe-in of the speakers and the acoustic treatments. This couples the speakers to the room, making the room an integral part of the speakers. Finally, if you have enough distortion, this will limit the depth and width of the image.

I would first try repositioning your speakers to get the best depth, and add acoustic treatments, like diffusers between and behind the speakers and absorbers on the sidewalls where reflections occur.

Then I would recommend to examine where in your system you can reduce jitter.

One acoustic trick that works well is to locate 1/4 round ASC tube-traps that are the height of your speakers about 2" behind and between each speaker. face the round surfaces inward. You can rotate the tube traps to get a pin-point image or to get a really wide image. It is a nice tuning tool for the image width and depth. It works by scattering the backwave from the inside edge of the speakers and reflecting the backwave from the outside edges of the speakers. I use this technique in my studio and at trade shows.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
My system delivers good depth on all recordings. Depth in a digital system is related in a big way to the jitter levels in the source. It is also related to the placement and toe-in of the speakers and the acoustic treatments. This couples the speakers to the room, making the room an integral part of the speakers. Finally, if you have enough distortion, this will limit the depth and width of the image.

I would first try repositioning your speakers to get the best depth, and add acoustic treatments, like diffusers between and behind the speakers and absorbers on the sidewalls where reflections occur.

Then I would recommend to examine where in your system you can reduce jitter.

One acoustic trick that works well is to locate 1/4 round ASC tube-traps that are the height of your speakers about 2" behind and between each speaker. face the round surfaces inward. You can rotate the tube traps to get a pin-point image or to get a really wide image. It is a nice tuning tool for the image width and depth. It works by scattering the backwave from the inside edge of the speakers and reflecting the backwave from the outside edges of the speakers. I use this technique in my studio and at trade shows.

Thank you for all of your advice. I think one of the issues with my room which is fairly good in most respects is that I have a protruding fireplace between my speakers that comes out into the room by about 4 feet.

In the last six months I removed all acoustic treatment and spent many hours experimenting with speaker positioning. I now have zero toe-in. The end result is the room behaves much better and my soundstage is as wide as the room and I have much more depth than I ever had. The speakers completely disappear in the room and the overall sound is much more natural and convincing.

I’ve lived with acoustic treatments both diffusers and absorbers and tubetraps and all sorts of other stuff. I’ve never been happier with my sound than I am right now after having removed all of that from the room. The room also looks much better now. I actually think I’m pretty lucky with my room.

I don’t know what you mean by jitter in the context of my vinyl only system.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thank you for all of your advice. I think one of the issues with my room which is fairly good in most respects is that I have a protruding fireplace between my speakers that comes out into the room by about 4 feet.

In the last six months I removed all acoustic treatment and spent many hours experimenting with speaker positioning. I now have zero toe-in. The end result is the room behaves much better and my soundstage is as wide as the room and I have much more depth than I ever had. The speakers completely disappear in the room and the overall sound is much more natural and convincing.

I’ve lived with acoustic treatments both diffusers and absorbers and tubetraps and all sorts of other stuff. I’ve never been happier with my sound than I am right now after having removed all of that from the room. The room also looks much better now. I actually think I’m pretty lucky with my room.

True. Your room works exceptionally well with your new speaker positioning and the removal of room treatments, and you have now satisfying spatial depth.

But as you say, you are lucky with your room. The sound in my room would fall apart without the treatments, not just in terms of soundstage. Like Steve (Empirical Audio) I love my ASC devices. And you have heard what the custom made ASC ceiling diffusers, which I installed at the beginning of last year, did in terms of mitigating those nasty treble distortions. Your ceiling behaves in a much more benign manner on the hand clapping test. Indeed, you are lucky with your room.

Reactions: PeterA

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Several of us on this thread appear to agree on the topic of a black background and the live acoustic music experience, and the relative importance of ambience. An audience in a hall puts energy into it, a kind of aural excitation of anticipation before a performance starts that ebbs and flows throughout the performance then sometimes explodes at its conclusion...
Is this simply an issue of some of us using live acoustic music as our basis of preference while others of us prefer our own notion of what our system should sound like - styled to our taste? Is it that simple, or something else? Is it review hyberbole...

... The more I think about this, the more the reality of it seems a tempest in a teapot. Isn't this mostly a language usage or inadequate vocabulary issue?

View attachment 64818
Numerique yes, but a wonderful performance.

Ahemm bit of an essay alert, sorry guys you ask such interesting but also such complex questions. My particular version of the spectrum makes it hard to correspond with a simple answer at the very best of times but this one is especially complex and layered it seems to me... and so the signal emerges from my inky inner blackness.

A great post Tim (and also album pick) in a thread with plenty of thought provoking discussion in it. I have some thoughts on the more specific point above on the blackness of which we audiophiles sometimes speak but disclaimer: absolutely just as suppositions.

Background noise - mainly there are so many possibilities for noise already discussed at points in this thread that the source of accumulated noise sits also in a vast range of potentials and different interactions of impacts of recorded sound. What is noise in a way but unwanted signal. The rightness or otherwise of noise is also coloured by our experience in replaying music and our own system benchmarks and listening as well as perceptions and also set by individual retention, experience and anticipation.... and that any of these outcomes or interpretations of outcomes can (and likely may well) come from many, many very different sources.

So to first try and pull this together in a way (a signal emerging out of all the various noises) and to get some encompassing overall scope in the concept I’d maybe just lump (and there is a clear roughness in the approach) all the possible individual bits into a simpler more recognisable basket of sorted parts.

So the overview in this discussion from my perspective is married essentially by some gathered sense of rightness (or appropriateness) in the relationship (timing, volume balance and perceptual expectation from past experiences) between essential signal and noise.

Signal clearly seems a simple enough idea and for us it may be the sum of the performance of the music and all the relationships and balances in space and time and volume in and around the playing instrument’s sound.

Unsure whether the sounds of the players themselves (Glenn Gould springs to mind along with Keith Jarrett) is then part of the noise or the signal (subjective call) as well the (expected) additions of the mechanical parts of an acoustic instrument and conscious and accidental musical accompaniment like breathing, humming, and the creaking of the physical stuff of the performance space.

Then as discussed other noises are many. Recording noise. The acoustic, reflected sounds and the noises of the environment, the audience (also as a record of participation and appreciation in live music) and then system noise both in recording and in replay and both electronic and mechanical as well as the greater environmental noise at the place of both recording and of listening.

If you are hearing live music then any environmental noise of the playing space and the listening space are clearly coherent if spatially variable. If you are hearing traffic from your neighbourhood it can seem to be a coincident part of the recording at times. I love recording venues where noises are implicit, the occasional rumbling background in a Kingsway Hall recording or the underlying flood of punctuations in the air by the seasonal crickets in Dave Brubeck’s Concord on a Summer Night. In live music the latency is real and spatially as well as temporally relative.

From the first time I walked into a sound studio when I was a kid with my uncle and then regularly in recording sound sessions when my job was in film and commercial video in my early career that awkward state of being set upon by a closing door in a recording studio and the weird out of kilter relationship between sound and attached acoustic is the least natural thing imaginable. The empty void is hopeless and alienating. Getting sound to be right and the relationship between signal and noise to seem natural is a series of trip hazards that can make or break the sense of rightness.

So to Tim’s point (hopefully)... that changing gear and perception of different levels and qualities of float in a velvety background and how sounds emerge from the void of blackness. Does the experience in the apparent shifting of the blackness itself make much difference. Is it real, overplayed or just the fluff of stuff. The experience and level that quieter gear alters the quality of sound or a sound (as an effect) and is alluded to quite often in audiophile speak as brought about by a system change is perhaps something separate again to much of the above... is it suppression at a point with unnatural focus then on the music alone. Can the level and the shape or way of specific emergence of sound out of blackness comes about in that sharpening of the sound that leads small quantitive changes experienced as qualitative night and day... for those caught in extreme sharpening of sound the shift in experience is possibly different and I suppose that it is in that comprehension of this experience in the first place which I’m really doing most of my supposing.

So past the ambling preamble and to Tim’s question hopefully (if I’ve got it right).

For those of us chasing natural sound and also using live music as a reference it can be (among many things) the expectation and balance of signal and noise and the sense of rightness of these and how they accompany each other in terms of sound and spatial volume and a coherent timing that put the experience rightly into accord with our previous life experiences.

Live recordings can step one layer closer to live music also because of the more direct relationship of noises and signal between players and what is apparent in the acoustic. Perspectives of mic technique as well as mixing are also going to factor here in a hopeful sense of rightness that comes from coherence in the relationship (is it a marriage where one is not real then without the other) of both signal and noise.

So I’m wondering if a more artificial sense of sounds emerging from blackness might be also about the shape of launch and decay of the sounds. An artificial sense of inflation or in a synthetic plasticity in the launch or attack as example of an altered or highlighted shape of the signal and or then say the trailing decay being too articulated, too long held in the mix by either the mixing or by the placement or directness of the pattern of the mic. Or say that the balance of attack is not seeming to be in a natural way directly related to the sense of decay of a note given the setup and our perceived approximation to the players. Then also at times a heightened hushness just prior or after a note perhaps. Too much void, or not enough, not at the right place in space or in the right timing with all the signal and all the other parts or players.

Sometimes for me it’s like a video signal where the blacks are crushed and the signal is then highlighted... and the rise and fall of the note is seemingly out of accord with the scaling of the volume of the note.

Or then there’s non characteristic truncation of notes evident with some digital treatment or for some types of switching amps (segue into a personal bugbear).

When something just isn’t right between signal and noise we (based on our own lore) may look to impacts of infrastructure and cables or power or room acoustics or isolation or mechanical resonance issues or more essentially components themselves and the recordings or performance and then the mediums of the recordings... but for me here it is in implementation... as any or all of these are part of the essential shaping of the sound and the seeming resultant rightness or not rightness of the sound.

An out of character blackness doesn’t fit the latitude of the human condition in hearing and perception or the expected tone, presence, balance and the shape of attack and decay of acoustic instruments. So perhaps it’s not just the fact that sounds emerge out of an artificial void but also the way the sounds do and then the way they recede back into the black.

So I do think that when the balance and shape of the sound isn’t natural it can be subtle disconnects but still noticeable in experience... and then what makes us mention that this quality is noticeable is simply that in some way it sits highlighted out of the musical whole. The blackness or the void is noticeable because it is standing out from what may be expected. So really is this noticeable blackness then a good thing? To me any part within the whole that is unnaturally more noticeable such that it draws us to the part can work against that gestalt of music. So I suppose it just comes down to whether it seems right or not. If this newer blackness is unnaturally obvious and in a way elevated or perceptually amplified beyond any expected natural latitudes then (while it may be fascinating of itself) it’s not then necessarily leading us easily to then just fold back into the whole of the music. At times it is just a nuance but I do believe that it can also then work against the essential experience of music.

Last edited:
Reactions: tima

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com

I don’t know what you mean by jitter in the context of my vinyl only system.

If you have vinyl, the only other issue is distortion.

The fireplace between the speakers is not good, but it can be mitigated. This is reflective, like a big screen TV between the speakers. It will ultimately reduce the depth, unless you do the 1/4 ASC tube-trap treatment. My system is also a home theater, so it has a TV screen between the speakers. Without the tube-traps as reflectors, I would have almost no depth. Using them, the effect of the screen is effectively eliminated. It's like there is no screen there at all. It's amazing that reflectors so close to the speakers can have this result, but it works really well.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I think we have gone somewhat eschew To put it colloquially we have driven the truck in the ditch.
Consider a guitar solo. An open string is plucked. The sound emerges from a "blackground." It emerges from a dead silence. The transient is quick and unsmeared. Its decay is full and complete. Simply put when no signal is being applied there is no sound. The same effect occurs when multiple instruments are layered upon one another. They are distinct and precise.
The room can have an effect. You can have echo's and standing waves. This can blur the sound. Some recordings try to capture hall ambience. Some depend on the listeners room to provide ambience.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The blackness or the void is noticeable because it is standing out from what may be expected. So really is this noticeable blackness then a good thing? To me any part within the whole that is unnaturally more noticeable such that it draws us to the part can work against that gestalt of music. So I suppose it just comes down to whether it seems right or not. If this newer blackness is unnaturally obvious and in a way elevated or perceptually amplified beyond any expected natural latitudes then (while it may be fascinating of itself) it’s not then necessarily leading us easily to then just fold back into the whole of the music. At times it is just a nuance but I do believe that it can also then work against the experience of music.

Yes, I think you have it.

First, the more I think about it, how and where 'noise' comes from, the many ways it can be explained or accounted for technically doesn't, in the end, matter. Noise is commonly characterized as distortion of one sort or another. So for the sake of discussion let's imagine a system with the absence of distortion, that is, the input signal and the output signal are identical. Perhaps a simplification.

You ask if noticeable blackness is a good thing? Perhaps my thinking is in a rut but I keep falling back on the notion of one's basis of preference when gauging the sound of one's stereo. One's basis of preference may not be overt or even understood. But as I think you suggest, that preference is revealed in one's expectations.

Some people like a pure black background from which notes and music emerge. For whatever reason, that is a characteristic of their system / listening experience that is enjoyable, is sought, is a sign to them that their system / listening experience is good. As I tried to point out, many reviewers see the black background as a positive attribute of a component or system.

To others the black background is a stylization. It does not exist in reality (or at least their reality) and thus hearing such in a reproduction of a real event does not match what they hear when they hear live acoustic music. Their preference is for the real event and its reproduction to be as similar as they can get it. That similarity is enjoyable, is sought, is a sign that their system / listening experience is closer to achieving what is wanted from it.

Both bases of preference are what they are. Each is valid to its holder. I presume most of us do this audio thing because we enjoy it and, happily, it is each of us who gets to determine what that means.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Yes, I think you have it.

First, the more I think about it, how and where 'noise' comes from, the many ways it can be explained or accounted for technically doesn't, in the end, matter. Noise is commonly characterized as distortion of one sort or another. So for the sake of discussion let's imagine a system with the absence of distortion, that is, the input signal and the output signal are identical. Perhaps a simplification.

You ask if noticeable blackness is a good thing? Perhaps my thinking is in a rut but I keep falling back on the notion of one's basis of preference when gauging the sound of one's stereo. One's basis of preference may not be overt or even understood. But as I think you suggest, that preference is revealed in one's expectations.

Some people like a pure black background from which notes and music emerge. For whatever reason, that is a characteristic of their system / listening experience that is enjoyable, is sought, is a sign to them that their system / listening experience is good. As I tried to point out, many reviewers see the black background as a positive attribute of a component or system.

To others the black background is a stylization. It does not exist in reality (or at least their reality) and thus hearing such in a reproduction of a real event does not match what they hear when they hear live acoustic music. Their preference is for the real event and its reproduction to be as similar as they can get it. That similarity is enjoyable, is sought, is a sign that their system / listening experience is closer to achieving what is wanted from it.

Both bases of preference are what they are. Each is valid to its holder. I presume most of us do this audio thing because we enjoy it and, happily, it is each of us who gets to determine what that means.
Exactly. Retention of experience and anticipation of experience set our sum reality until some better experience resets these.

For those of us who are in a sense seeking to recreate the sensations we have when we hear live music (even though the record is mostly a pale fragment), those moments of realness come in the frisson that is the music and also the accompanying noises.

These same people will feel alienated by the spooky blackness that reflects studio production techniques and vanishingly low noises. Yet some are raised on intensely sculpted multi-tracked studio recordings where low noise is good noise.

Yet in truth noise is present in reality and also in presence everywhere (except that studio environment) and so noise is no more a phantom in reality than is signal. Not just stylisation but even sterilisation of the acoustic environment.

It is less about what the noise is exactly and just that there is noise as well as signal, and that the levels of noise approximates what we expect there to be in relationship to the signal.

It falls to being about expectations of perception and the things that we enjoy and anticipate and then when fulfilled push all our positive dopamine buttons. It comes about in just how we have trained ourselves to expect and to then value music.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
"Noise is present in reality?"
Certainly that can be true. If we are dealing with a mirror image, what is the source of that "noise?" Is it he equipment we use? Is it room reflection? Is it the sound of the audience? We would expect that if it is captured by the microphone it would appear in the recording.That is absent some attempt to filter it out. We would not accept some steady state noise. If done correctly even the noise would be subject to a "blackground."

Reactions: the sound of Tao

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Yet in truth noise is present in reality and also in presence everywhere (except that studio environment) and so noise is no more a phantom in reality than is signal. Not just stylisation but even sterilisation of the acoustic environment.

Tao, this makes sense to me. I have removed stuff from my system which even though it increased the level of blackness in the background and lowered noise so that images and music sounded stalker, had more contrast and were bolder and more exciting, this stuff also sucked the life out of the music and robbed it of harmonic content. It sounded less real.

Lowering the noise floor is fine as long as you don’t lose what makes music played on systems sound real.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I feel like you guys are making this too complex, or maybe my concept is just too simple.

When I think of blackness I think of the system, not the room. There are two types of noises I classify in a component: electrical and mechanical. Electrical is something you don’t necessarily hear, but it likes to smear the soundstage and add grit. When it is reduced, I find the background to get blacker. Mechanical noise is a noise you actually hear like a humming transformer. For me this doesn’t affect the blackness if you will. While it’s audible, it really doesn’t have an effect on the presentation of the music. It’s just noise in the simplest definition.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
If you have vinyl, the only other issue is distortion.

The fireplace between the speakers is not good, but it can be mitigated. This is reflective, like a big screen TV between the speakers. It will ultimately reduce the depth, unless you do the 1/4 ASC tube-trap treatment. My system is also a home theater, so it has a TV screen between the speakers. Without the tube-traps as reflectors, I would have almost no depth. Using them, the effect of the screen is effectively eliminated. It's like there is no screen there at all. It's amazing that reflectors so close to the speakers can have this result, but it works really well.

As I say, the fireplace is less than optimal, but as this is our formal living room, I think I will forgo the 1/4 round Tubetraps next to my speakers. I also do not really think it is the same as having a large TV screen between the speakers. First, the fireplace is between and behind the speakers. Second, the fireplace, is an open cavity, not flat. It is made of different materials, with different masses. There is a nice sculptured mantle surrounding the firebox. The painting above the mantel has no glass and a very thick and deep sculptured frame. None of this produces the same reflections as a large TV screen. I used to have a mirror above the mantle, and this did indeed cause all sorts of problems. That is long gone.

I think the fireplace is more similar to a large equipment rack slightly behind and between the speakers. According to Jim Smith who visited me, the issue with this rack placement is solid, center imaging. Perhaps depth perception also. I do not seem to have an issue with center imaging. And depth is now quite satisfying. So, for the most part, the sound is pretty good.

As I wrote, the sense of soundstage depth has never been better in this room, and I am quite satisfied with the solidity and believability of the center imaging and overall natural sound. Sure it is compromised by the fireplace, but the room is what it is. I will not turn it into a dedicated audio room. I have decided that room treatments are not going back in the space as my wife has lived with that for too long. I am celebrating her incredible tolerance on this Mother's Day.

I appreciate your suggestions Steve, but I don't see TubeTraps coming back into this space any time soon. I came to learn that I liked the sound in my room better after removing the four Tubetraps for reasons I described in my system thread.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I think there is a right way to achieve a electric corruption free system and a wrong way. I have experimented with many things,lot's of emi mitigating devices rob the sound of inner detail,naturalness and take that dynamic edge off.
Other then a well designed electronics, cables and a good grounding system should be a positive influence with no drawbacks.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Exactly. Retention of experience and anticipation of experience set our sum reality until some better experience resets these.

For those of us who are in a sense seeking to recreate the sensations we have when we hear live music (even though the record is mostly a pale fragment), those moments of realness come in the frisson that is the music and also the accompanying noises.

These same people will feel alienated by the spooky blackness that reflects studio production techniques and vanishingly low noises. Yet some are raised on intensely sculpted multi-tracked studio recordings where low noise is good noise.

It is less about what the noise is exactly and just that there is noise as well as signal, and that the levels of noise approximates what we expect there to be in relationship to the signal.

It falls to being about expectations of perception and the things that we enjoy and anticipate and then when fulfilled push all our positive dopamine buttons. It comes about in just how we have trained ourselves to expect and to then value music.

Nothing but signal....yes any well designed recording studio should produce about as close to a "nothing but signal" sound as possible given all that effects the signal. Do audiophiles engineer their systems at that same level? Maybe some do and maybe not. Some could even be better and then you should hear everything theoretically.

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
Sometimes I have found that adding power conditioners can in many cases increase the noise floor and provide an undesired effect. I had my Pass Preamp plugged into a power conditioning unit for years and when I plugged it directly into the wall it made a huge difference.

This does not happen in all cases but the naturalness was more noticeable directly into the wall outlet.

Reactions: PeterA

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Sometimes I have found that adding power conditioners can in many cases increase the noise floor and provide an undesired effect. I had my Pass Preamp plugged into a power conditioning unit for years and when I plugged it directly into the wall it made a huge difference.

This does not happen in all cases but the naturalness was more noticeable directly into the wall outlet.

Without doubt. Superior line conditioners that actually cleanse, purify, filter, and/or condition the noisy AC are far and few between but they do exist while the greater in number inferior types either do nothing or induce their own sonic harm.

I'm using Jena Labs THE Two passive, dedicated, and bi-directional filtering line conditioners one per component. Another excellent line conditioner is the Foundation Research LC-10 and LC-100 and I think they're out of business but might find some on the used market.

BTW, good for you for discerning their inferiority as many cannot or will not and just assume it must be good perhaps because of the mfg'er's name.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing