Bocchino sablon in da house!

Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

Hi Blue58, congrats on your new acquisition. Keen to know what you see as the key difference between the Oyaide and the Bocch connectors. I am agonizing to choose between the two. At the moment I am most likely to go with the Oyaide XLRs.

Thanks

Sujay

Hi Sujay, nothing wrong with the Oyaide, they are very well made and a delight to use.
I won’t be able to separate the sound of the Bocchino over Oyaide due to adding the PCs but last night everything sounded bigger in scale, extension and dynamics. The Duos have morphed into Trios:)

Thanks, Blue58. That is saying a lot. So the biggest step up seems to be scale right? I am in a quandary as to whether to go straight for the boccino or start with the Oyaide. Let’s see.
Cheers

Sujay

I was lucky enough to have a prototype of this a while back. Was a stunning upgrade to my Lampi GG2.

Weird thing happening or not happening with these Bocchino plugs and that’s break in. I haven’t detected any change at all from day one unlike other manufacturers that exhibit sometimes erratic behaviour. I’m at a loss to explain it though never could explain break in either :confused:

If you have Sablon Audio cables I’d urge you to try at least one of these Bocchino IEC plugs to update your most important PC eg. On the source or DAC or try a King Sablon PC, alternatively, if you have a power conditioner for your system, start there.

So far I’m very impressed with the upgrade.

Blue58

Ps. So impressed I just asked Mark to make me a XLR to RCA cable using Bocchino silver plugs to complete the loom. No Xmas presents for anyone this year, I’m skint.:eek:

Last edited:
Also heard the King Sablon and thought it sufficiently improved upon the Elite (which itself bettered the Siltech Royal Double and Tara Cobalt) by a significant margin. It wasn’t the audiophile affair of adjectives but simply a significantly better cable all round and I missed its departure. That thing has some serious guage just in case you need to power a substation lol.

Reactions: bonzo75
Demo cords are now available in HK / Singapore / USA with USA plugs and also Schuko & UK plugs in Europe - interested parties can Pm / email to arrange an audition.

Last edited:
Ok so I am testing the KS as we speak. Incredible sound - quieter, substantially quieter and therefore better dynamics, contrast, detailand air......yes lots more air. This is in comparison to the elites, which by the way are superb in their own right and give up a bit only in direct comparison to the KS.

But the revelation was when I swapped my interconnects for the Sablon. That made a huge difference, even bigger than the difference when I swapped the power cord. And the interconnects are the normal ones with Oyaide connectors so I guess the bocch will bring even more to the party.
In short, couldn’t be happier!

Cheers

Sujay

Quick update for you all.

It’s been 8 weeks since installing the 4 power cords on Amps, DAC and Server, and IC between DAC and Preamp and I can report that these Bocchino plugs on the Sablon cords are something special.

There is little to no break-in in that there is a distinct lack of wildly varying presentation as you would hear from say a Furutech NCF plug whilst breaking in.
Everything is just right from the get-go, big, bold and organic, but they gradually sneak up on you and reveal their strengths of liquidity, density and air.

A slight edginess that was present occasionally in dynamic vocals has now gone, replaced with greater extension and a lifelike portrayal of human scale. My favourite album for this is Shawn Colvin’s Live album recorded over 3 nights at Yoshis. I’ve seen her play these songs at the Union Chapel, 4 rows back and to have the system get very close to this concert at home is truly magical.

Still to come is a ‘hybrid’ Bocchino cable between preamp and power amp and to add Bocchino TomCat RCA sockets to the amps.

If any of you get the chance to audition a Bocchino terminated cable then do it.
Bocchino and Sablon is a superb match.

Ps. Just ordered RevOpod feet for DAC/Server, it’s Xmas!

Reactions: CKKeung
This is great to hear, Carmine does produce the goods when it comes to SQ, we have been using his RCA's and XLR's for some time now and have not found a better option sonically. Some people are put off by the size until they actually hear them and compare, then all becomes apparent that these do add a very natural ease to the sound, with bass that seems so right.

How would you say the Bocc Tech Santa Maria IEC compares with NCF (when fully burned in)?

Best Rgds,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
I never used the NCF preferring the Oyaide 004 IEC over Furutech non NFC for its more balanced sound. There’s something about Rhodium I don’t like like as though it imparts a top end to all frequencies.

The Bocchino is very similar imo to the Oyaide, balanced, linear, organic but magnified 10/20 fold. They’re perfect in my system

Cheers

Hi Blue,
Yes, Rhodium requires careful application but I also suspect the Bocchino iec body has some positive effects on power transfer.. Either way, enjoy them!

Best Regards
Paul

Reactions: CKKeung
Just to second Barry's experience. Mark sent me a loaner Prince Sablon (Elite pwr cord w Bocchino IEC, not plug), which I trialled on my pre amp.

This is a heck of a step up in performance, and the Elites are amazing to start.

You're immediately aware of whole veils of grunge being removed. Noise floor really does become subterranean. And this really does open up natural detail retrieval (not the etched hyper realism I hear from some cables).

Add to this a real heft w no artificial and unwanted euphonic bass warmth, music has a real solidity and foundation to fly.

So on Holst Planets, Andre Previn version from 1974, the Prince Sablon nails all the sturm und drang of Mars, and then allows the oboes and percussion of Mercury to just float and dance like the most delicate fireflies.

It's a winning combination, density and air, not exaggerating any part of the tonal spectrum, and naturally revealing as layers of noise stripped from the system.

I'm going to stick w this one on my preamp, see where I go from here.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
I never used the NCF preferring the Oyaide 004 IEC over Furutech non NFC for its more balanced sound. There’s something about Rhodium I don’t like like as though it imparts a top end to all frequencies.
The Bocchino is very similar imo to the Oyaide, balanced, linear, organic but magnified 10/20 fold. They’re perfect in my system
Cheers

Hello Blue58,
I have opinions similar to yours : Furutech NCF connectors have to be used judiciously, be careful of overdosing the "rhodium sound signature"!
;)

Oyaide's new Armored Series is more allrounded and balanced, particularly the AP004 & AC004 models.
http://www.oyaide.com/ja/products/power_supply/power_plug_iec_connecter/armored_series
IMHO they surpass even the more expensive Oyaide M1/F1 !

Disappointed w the boring wrapping paper. You can tell this is a hobby that only appeals to men. If Bocchino was a flash Italian handbag, do you think that paper would do?
LOL (in any doubt)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing