Bocchino sablon in da house!

Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

I’m aiming to remove ALL Rhodium connectors from my system in 2019. ;)
+1
You won't be disappointed . I've done exactly that over the past year with one last cable to go (phono), which will be installed in about 2 weeks. I just fail to grasp what anyone sees in rhodium. One listen to a piano, a cymbal or a celeste should be convincing to anyone who hears live music regularly that rhodium renders the timbre of these (and many other ) instruments in a very unnatural way in a revealing stereo system..

Last edited:
Feel free to look up the Italian slang meaning of Bocchino in Urban Dictionary to further confirm its appeal to men!

Cracked me up after I looked it up. One can only wonder, since Bocchino appears to be Carmine Bocchino's legitimate last name, it's probably best not ask his mother or his wife about the Italian usage of that name.

These babies have just come back from Audiophile Bill and will next be heading off to Spiritofmusic, after which they will be put on tour in USA for demos. The rca plugs are Bocchino B33, made from high purity copper with silver / platinum platings and set screw termination. Fantastic build quality and an equally fantastic sound.

BC25FB64-4235-4864-88CF-58717CC0BF78.jpeg

These babies have just come back from Audiophile Bill and will next be heading off to Spiritofmusic, after which they will be put on tour in USA for demos. The rca plugs are Bocchino B33, made from high purity copper with silver / platinum platings and set screw termination. Fantastic build quality and an equally fantastic sound.

View attachment 48235
I would love to audition this beautiful cable!

View attachment 48235
Care to add some comments Bill? Mine is due here tomorrow, can’t wait :)

Care to add some comments Bill? Mine is due here tomorrow, can’t wait :)

Sorry chaps - been working my ass off today.

Yes. These cables were utterly fabulous to be honest and a massive step up in the Sablon signal cable category imho. They have a very low noise floor indeed with astonishing resolution yet don’t have the glare / hard top end that some silver cables suffer from. I was unusually getting big tone and texture alongside this fabulous information retrieval. To me that is the holy grail in signal cables - normally one trades one against the other.

I’ll be honest and say after the first listen I went to bed rather annoyed with myself for having somewhat dismissed signal cables of late. Anyway I woke up pretty excited and have ordered myself 2 pairs now. They are the best interconnects I have heard.

Any chance for a demo tour on the continent?

Yes, this is possible if sufficient interest is shown and I can get hold of more plugs. Right now Carmine is out of stock of these platinum ones and only has silver, a set of which is presently being shipped for evaluation.

Fresh supplies of the platinum rca should be available second half of March. Since Bocchino do not keep any meaningful stock, OEM orders get put into a holding pattern until there is sufficient demand for his production MOQ, at which stage we have to prepay and wait several weeks for them to be made.

I've just installed Mark's platinum Bocchino ICs to my cdp.

Totally fascinating result. I'm particularly benefiting from better imaging, instrument separation, shimmer and treble definition. I can react poorly to staging being altered by a change, things can seem a little too "hifi" and not music.

But these changes are enabling me to really unravel some mixes and hear right into the music.

Again, Mark has pulled off the trick of increasing resolution at no expense to musicality. My conclusion as always is that tone and timbre are preserved and enhanced so that the main musical message is never compromised.

Get more resolution or separation but w colder tone or unrealistic timbre, that's a prescription for fireworks followed by fatigue.

Every step up in Sablon cables just draws you in, opens things up, w no sonic downside.

Added to the Bocchino Elite pwr cord I've just installed, this Bocchino IC is really addictive.

I have been using the Elite with the Bocchino IEC now for about 3 weeks. In fact, it all started when I received the demo elite ( with the bocch IEC) from Mark for an audition. it never went back......I upgraded my existing elite feeding the lampi! As good as the normal elites are, the Bocchino IEC provides even lower noise floor and consequently better detail. The increase in scale is the biggest improvement though. Based on my experience, I would strongly recommend upgrading the IEC; great value ( relatively speaking).

Reactions: Sablon Audio
Well, let’s keep this thread rolling along with some more good news. I’ve just installed a custom cable made by Mark for connecting the XLR output of my Java preamp to the RCA input of my power amps and once again it’s another big step up in all those Bocchino characteristics.

Density and tone is further improved with the further extension at both ends while sounding very natural. I’m listening to Cécile McLorin Savant - The Window and she’s very up close and personal and the piano depth, oomph (tm. Bill) and dynamics are as realistic as one could wish for.

Mark is on a roll with his King Sablon range and I’m so happy to be amongst the first few to try these cables.

Here’s a couple of pics of the BAXLR and the B33 RCA plugs. 75485A63-91E7-430B-873D-EE5A2EA6B530.jpeg 3132F8DB-BE0E-4D38-B0A1-3EEA7391ABCF.jpeg

I've got to hand back this Sablon Bocchino IC later today, this will be hard to do w literally just a couple of day's experience with it. In my humble opinion, it's a real game changer. It's heads above any cable I've ever heard.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing