Bocchino sablon in da house!

Hello All,

Just dropping some pics of my new Bocchino terminated Sablon Audio cables before I install the four. I opted for the 'half way house' approach, ie. Bocchino IEC only whilst keeping the Oyaide P-004 plugs. This way I can at least afford some of the Bocchino flavour without going full King Sablon PC. In fact, anyone not using US plugs have this option to upgrade their cables this way. Did I say they were big? Well the Bocchino PLUG is twice the size of the IEC! DSC07692.jpg

I have also added a King Sablon XLR IC to the mix and the XLRs are solid, beautifully made and by all accounts sound wonderful. DSC07688.jpg

I'll let you know how I get on with them in a few weeks after burn in, which is said not to be as long as NCF plug burn in.

Blue58

How will this do? Just installed the three Bocchino connectors upgrades on Sablon Reservas interconnects. Cdp to pre, pre to monos, and Straingauge cart energiser to pre.

I had trialled the pre to monos set, and these knocked my socks off, leaving me no option but to go ahead and order.

In they went today. Cdp a very nice uptick, warm and agile, an enhancement of all that's good rather than a vast change in character.

But the big news is the Bocchinos on my analog. I've been listening to a lot of John Coltrane recently, and the Ole lp has become a real favourite, esp second side.

Dahomey Dance features sax, flute and trumpet, and two bassists. A lot going in, supported by that fantastic 60s vibe.

It has been a struggle to really get this lp to shine, resolution and relaxation beyond me a year back. However recent changes in my system have been getting me there.

So, install the Bocchinos, and there's an immediate perception of lower noise floor as the two bassists weave their magic. As the horns come in, now soundstaging is evidently better w more seperation, yet the holistic nature of the sound means they also gel in driving the performance. Timbral accuracy and tonal density similarly way better than before, meaning the nature of each instrument is clear and unmistakeable, way less of the slightly homogenous presentation I had before.

Just a fantastic all round uptick in organic texture and natural detail. Bravo, Mark.

Last edited:
Hiya, the full King Sablon PCs are going to be impractical for many users, the plug itself is c.2x as wide as standard plug, so if yr sockets are close together, there is literally not the space. My guess is you need 6" btwn sockets to go King Sablon on every PC. For me, Prince Sablon PCs are the only choice.

Enjoy the ethernet cable.

I using that from melco to MSB dac also. Prefer it over another well known brand which cost more.
I am getting the Sablon Ethernet cables as well to connect my Lumin to the network. By the way I notice you have the Plixir power dist. At the risk of being off topic how do you compare those to some other power solutions/conditioners?

Reactions: Sablon Audio
It is huge step up from the original elite. More presence, separation and dynamic. And it improves the bass response of my YG carmel 2, which is what I have been looking for.

More to come...

Same here. Sablons have helped me wrangle my Zus into being more neutral and open, and certainly wider bandwidth on top and especially bottom. My new room has been critical too, but the Sablons are a big piece of the puzzle.

It's a testament to how good Mark's cables are that I'm very happy to sit at this level for a good year changing nothing, and at that point it'll be purely to complete my Bocchinos Elites loom.

Kimura, you really need to consider Bocchino modded interconnects as well. On my analog in particular, the results are as dramatic as any other big change I've made. I'm prob listening to more classical and jazz lps than I ever have in the past, and I put that down to an impvd tt setup, but also Bocchino from phono to pre being like the proverbial open window.

Kimura, you really need to consider Bocchino modded interconnects as well. On my analog in particular, the results are as dramatic as any other big change I've made. I'm prob listening to more classical and jazz lps than I ever have in the past, and I put that down to an impvd tt setup, but also Bocchino from phono to pre being like the proverbial open window.

Is Bocchino modden Interconnects RCA or XLR?

Dear Marc,

I have not followed this thread. Have you compare same Sablon interconnect one with Bocchino vs. other connector? What aspect of sound that you hear improvement with the Bocchino? I do have all connectors in either silver or gold Bocchino..and will soon have the platinum. I did not request for them but my cable guy said Tang you must have the best so he kept putting on for me. All I hear is signature of my Kuro cables regardless of types of Bocchino. Maybe I am a careless listener. I personally do not feel it is a big fish. Of all connectors, I like ones that come with SME phono cable most. They are so easy to pull in and out and light while keeping connection tight.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: Hieukm
Dear Marc,

I have not followed this thread. Have you compare same Sablon interconnect one with Bocchino vs. other connector? What aspect of sound that you hear improvement with the Bocchino? I do have all connectors in either silver or gold Bocchino..and will soon have the platinum. I did not request for them but my cable guy said Tang you must have the best so he kept putting on for me. All I hear is signature of my Kuro cables regardless of types of Bocchino. Maybe I am a careless listener. I personally do not feel it is a big fish. Of all connectors, I like ones that come with SME phono cable most. They are so easy to pull in and out and light while keeping connection tight.

Kind regards,
Tang
Hi Tang, I haven't had any competitor cable in my system since I auditioned and bought my first Sablon QGC pwr cord 5 years ago. I'm now on my third loom of Sablon cables if we consider the Bocchino mods as a run in their own right.

I've been able to compare the Bocchino modded Elite pwr cord (Prince Sablon, mod at connector end, not the actual plug) to it's standard Elite counterpart, and the Bocchino modded Panatella RCA interconnect to it's standard Panatella counterpart.

The Bocchino Prince Sablon power cord in the preamp is an amazing jump in quality, dropping that noise floor lets thru an amazing amount of extra goodness, primarily in the areas of texture and image solidity. There is greater heft w proportionate increase in speed. So, bass lines, and the body in cellos, violins, drums, is made more apparent, but w timing fully intact. When I have the funds in 12 months, I'll return to Bocchino out my 7 other Elite power cords.

The Bocchino Panatella interconnect is even more dramatic, esp on my Straingauge cart energiser (phono equivalent) to preamp. Now we're talking a leap in air, shimmer, filigree detail, delicacy, timbral accuracy.

What's fascinating about the Sablon wire, especially as you go to the Bocchino effort, is that the tonal/timbral balance feels absolutely right. Instruments sound absolutely spot on. Put it this way, my Zus were never class leading when putting on jazz w twin horns, or classical w massed strings, and so I kinda stuck to my fave genres of prog and fusion. Now there is so much startling clarity on instrumental signature, that I'm being wowed by how authentic and compelling my jazz and classical lps sound, and am buying more and more. Throw in the extra air, microdynamics, shimmer and neutrality, and I'm transforming the fortunes of my Zus into all-round great spkrs.

So Tang, long description, but yes, the Bocchinos are truly revolutionizing my sound, not subtle in any way. Maybe in yr case the Kuros base tonal balance doesn't benefit from the change, maybe yr AS/Lamm/Cessaro system is in no need of further change.

Is Bocchino modden Interconnects RCA or XLR?

Pang, I sell mostly rca cables with the Bocchino platinum plated plug. This has proven to be a very popular product in systems of many different topologies and levels.

Wrt the xlr cable, the Bocchino silver BAXLR plug did not give a significant uptick over my usual Oyaide Focus xlr plugs and I have been waiting several months for a platinum plated sample from Carmine.

Dear Marc,

Kind regards,
Tang

Tang, many of the observations here on my cables have been about the delta given by simply changing only the plug (mostly from NCF or KLEI) to Bocchino. I guess to an extent YMMV with other brands of cable depending on how transparent and neutral that particular cable is. Bocchino typically offers his plugs in silver or platinum plates (though gold and rhodium are available to special order). There are significant differences in the presentation between silver and platinum, so careful matching is needed to obtain the appropriate synergy. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss in more detail.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing